X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's use in Spokane Washington lol

Comment

• will 509 dleauge games be on nba tv canada?

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Me too. I was wondering what is 509?never heard of it. Lol.
      Where's Euro Slow Car when you need him? Maybe there's a team somewhere in Slovenia by that name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Henry_Chinaski; Sun Jul 12, 2015, 03:32 PM.
      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Random question about the team. Is it Mississauga Raptors905 or just Raptors905? I haven't seen it stylized with a city at all, not even the wiki page

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          Random question about the team. Is it Mississauga Raptors905 or just Raptors905? I haven't seen it stylized with a city at all, not even the wiki page
          No city name. Just Raptors 905.

Comment

• I'm telling you, 905 is the city name (location indicator). Team name is Raptors. Just put the order and city representation funny because they wanted to be different.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That's a lot cooler, Mississauga Raptors 905 sounds dumb but it's cool that they switched it up

Comment

• I think they went with 905 so they didn't just associate with Mississauga. This way, people in places like Brampton, Oakville, Milton and Markham can still identify with team without feeling like they're rooting for a Sauga team. There's plenty of haters out there in the GTA that would probably not follow or buy any gear if they were called Mississauga whatever...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I think they went with 905 so they didn't just associate with Mississauga. This way, people in places like Brampton, Oakville, Milton and Markham can still identify with team without feeling like they're rooting for a Sauga team. There's plenty of haters out there in the GTA that would probably not follow or buy any gear if they were called Mississauga whatever...
                  Key to running a successful organization is appeasing people in Milton

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Key to running a successful organization is appeasing people in Milton
                    Some spiteful folks in Milton
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      I think they went with 905 so they didn't just associate with Mississauga. This way, people in places like Brampton, Oakville, Milton and Markham can still identify with team without feeling like they're rooting for a Sauga team. There's plenty of haters out there in the GTA that would probably not follow or buy any gear if they were called Mississauga whatever...
                      Still kind of wish they went 'GTA' as the city name though.

Comment

• Everything Raptors 905

I was looking around for some timing information regarding the D League draft and ran across our Team web page.

http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/

Figured it was time to have a separate forum for the 905'ers. There's some FAQ at the site, which I won't copy over to avoid "copyright" issues. But this one is worth noting:

Who can call up a Raptors 905 player to the NBA?
                        With few exceptions (including Raptors on assignment and players whose NBA Draft rights are held), NBA D-League players on the Raptors 905 roster are under contract with the league, not a specific NBA team, and are NBA free agents. As such, they are eligible to be called-up by any NBA team.

Comment

• Good idea!

Doc might have to eventually look at putting in its own sub-category.

Comment

• Since this thread is obviously gonna one day be extremely long, we should leave the spelling error as a running gag

Comment

• That what happens when you need to type quickly because your Boss is coming LOL (well not too loud he might hear me)

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                                That what happens when you need to type quickly because your Boss is coming LOL (well not too loud he might hear me)
                                I got a chuckle out of this!
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X