Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Thread ever. I'm unreasonably exited about Raptors 905. Will definitely take the kids way out to Mississauga to see a game next time we're in Canada. I kinda like the name, but it's kind of odd to be playing on the whole 905 vs 416/647 conceit, might as well call them the Raptors Bridge & Tunnel crowd. Or the Raptors Food Court All-stars. The Raptors Commuter Train Jockeys. GTA would have been better for sure, but whatever, 905 it is.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
      Best Thread ever. I'm unreasonably exited about Raptors 905. Will definitely take the kids way out to Mississauga to see a game next time we're in Canada. I kinda like the name, but it's kind of odd to be playing on the whole 905 vs 416/647 conceit, might as well call them the Raptors Bridge & Tunnel crowd. Or the Raptors Food Court All-stars. The Raptors Commuter Train Jockeys. GTA would have been better for sure, but whatever, 905 it is.
      Yup, I think we saw in summer league that they can actually bring some 2-way, properly played ball to the court as well. ie it shouldn't be garbage to watch. Sure, it will be at times, especially as players get called up and called down. Even if Powell and Wright and Bebe are with the big team I'll be tuning in to watch Bruno. Hopefully they have a decent point guard to get him the ball. I'm still hopeful that Daniels ends up here as well.

Comment

• What is Daniels status in terms of contract?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          What is Daniels status in terms of contract?!
          He only signed a one-year deal with Perth. Raptors have to extend a minimum, non-guaranteed contract to keep his rights, but they can't sign him to a 3-year because we have to work with the minimum exception (no cap space left). It's probably best for all parties for him to sign in Europe for this season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            What is Daniels status in terms of contract?!
            He only signed a one-year deal with Perth. Raptors have to extend a minimum, non-guaranteed contract to keep his rights, but they can't sign him to a 3-year because we have to work with the minimum exception (no cap space left). If he takes the deal to come to training camp, and doesn't make the team, the Raps lose his rights. He could still play for the 905s but could be brought up by another team (I think).

It's probably best for all parties for him to sign in Europe for this season. If Masai can just get him sign with the 905s for 25 grand, that would be nice too.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• There's still an open roster spot, so maybe he gets that. But aside from that, yeah, probably a deal overseas somewhere.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hope DeAndre gets at least a D-league deal so he has medical insurance. Not sure how much coverage he has from playing in the NBL

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Hope DeAndre gets at least a D-league deal so he has medical insurance. Not sure how much coverage he has from playing in the NBL
                  Oh, I have zero doubt that if he was hurt much worse than he is expected to be (typical recovery should put him on track for camp) then the Raptors would be sure to guarantee him at least a D-League spot. The question is, if he is recovered as expected, then what?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Oh, I have zero doubt that if he was hurt much worse than he is expected to be (typical recovery should put him on track for camp) then the Raptors would be sure to guarantee him at least a D-League spot. The question is, if he is recovered as expected, then what?
                    Raptors can have up to 20 on training camp roster.

I'd be surprised and a little disappointed if he isn't given one of them with some guaranteed money.

Don't Raps have muniscule cap space left?

Comment

• Okay...

Does anyone know the Fivers schedule?

I hope we don't have an issue where a Raps and Fivers game are on at the same time.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Okay...

Does anyone know the Fivers schedule?

I hope we don't have an issue where a Raps and Fivers game are on at the same time.
                        If they do... they can set it up as a afternoon - night commute doubleheader

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          If they do... they can set it up as a afternoon - night commute doubleheader
                          That'd be sweet...

What I mean is that I hope games don't overlap each other.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Raptors can have up to 20 on training camp roster.

I'd be surprised and a little disappointed if he isn't given one of them with some guaranteed money.

Don't Raps have muniscule cap space left?
                            No cap space left - Biyombo signed already.

But either way they could offer a minimum deal with a partial guarantee. But note that if they waive him, they lose his draft rights and get no RFA rights. So for me, I'd only sign him to a real deal or none at all.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't know if anyone's brought this up but the Pacers have bought the Mad Ants.

Essentially meaning that the only leftover D-League team for those teams that didn't have their own exclusive D League team. We literally could NOT have picked a better year to get the Raptors905.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                I don't know if anyone's brought this up but the Pacers have bought the Mad Ants.

Essentially meaning that the only leftover D-League team for those teams that didn't have their own exclusive D League team. We literally could NOT have picked a better year to get the Raptors905.
                                Well that now means that if the rest of the league adopts 1-1 affiliation, we have less of an advantage over the other teams who don't have a d league team...
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X