Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's your favourite Raptor of all-time and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your favourite Raptor of all-time and why?

In the 20 years that this franchise has existed who was your favourite player on the roster or who were you most excited for that compelled you to watch our games. Can be past or present players. Can be players that were here for a short period of time. Can be players that were here but not in their prime.

Mine, surprisingly, is Kyle Lowry. Lowry when healthy and post-Rudy Gay trade, was phenomenal and all you could ask for in a point guard. To me, he was at least a top 5 point guard in the league when he was playing well. Watching him out duel point guards like CP3 was highly entertaining and made me believe he was going to take us to the promise land of the ECF or possible championships. I believe he'll rebound from his fallen year of 2014-15 and become the point guard this team needs to lead them further than where this franchise has ever been. Maybe I'm saying he's my favourite because he's in my most recent memory, IDK but i think he could be one of our top players in our franchise of all time if he plays well again.

This is a slightly bias pick cause I usually play point guard when on the court so I tend to watch point guards more carefully than other players/positions. But thats me. Who's your favourite and why?
    Last edited by BS10; Fri Jul 24, 2015, 11:07 PM.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

vince is mine due to his athletism

Comment

DJ Augustine lol jk

I'd have to go with Vince Carter for obvious reasons
      Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri Jul 24, 2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

For completely non-basketball reasons, it's JYD Jerome Williams. He left and absolutely lasting impression on me when I met him as a kid, as part of a contest my class won, as a genuinely nice guy who was fun.

If it was for basketball reasons, it'd be a tie between Lowry and Damon.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Too easy. Vince Carter, I still love watching the old man play with memphis.

Favourite player to laugh at: Hands bro

Favourite player to hate on: Vasquez
          SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
            In the 20 years that this franchise has existed who was your favourite player on the roster or who were you most excited for that compelled you to watch our games. Can be past or present players. Can be players that were here for a short period of time. Can be players that were here but not in their prime.

Mine, surprisingly, is Kyle Lowry. Lowry when healthy and post-Rudy Gay trade, was phenomenal and all you could ask for in a point guard. To me, he was at least a top 5 point guard in the league when he was playing well. Watching him out duel point guards like CP3 was highly entertaining and made me believe he was going to take us to the promise land of the ECF or possible championships. I believe he'll rebound from his fallen year of 2014-15 and become the point guard this team needs to lead them further than where this franchise has ever been. Maybe I'm saying he's my favourite because he's in my most recent memory, IDK but i think he could be one of our top players in our franchise of all time if he plays well again.

This is slightly a bias pick cause I usually play point guard when on the court so I tend to watch point guards more carefully than other players/positions. But thats me. Who's your favourite and why?
            I hope you are spot on

Comment

Mugsy/mighty mouse. I was super excited for Damon and loved him. Followed the jail blazers for him. Just sucks he never had competent players around him here. Loved watching mugsy mess it up with the giants of the league. Really smart player. Soft spot for Doug Christie, who I think should have a higher standing with the raps, and even though he was super old here del curry was great to watch toss up threes.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                For completely non-basketball reasons, it's JYD Jerome Williams. He left and absolutely lasting impression on me when I met him as a kid, as part of a contest my class won, as a genuinely nice guy who was fun.

If it was for basketball reasons, it'd be a tie between Lowry and Damon.
                remember that year when Vince went down, the raptors made a late season push, had a franchise record winning streak, and made the 7th seed? Jerome was a big part of that streak and really impressed me as someone who is not only a hustle guy but can also get 10pts 10reb on a regular basis.

Unfortunately when Kevin O'Neill took over as coach JYD suddenly forgot how to play basketball.

Comment

jerome wrote: View Post

Unfortunately when Kevin O'Neill took over as coach JYD suddenly forgot how to play basketball.
                  Lots of players did. They were busy in counseling for verbal abuse help. Was jyd able to keep his rebounds up? Lots of players forgot how to put the ball in the basket that year. I personally thought he got the wendal clark/ Doug Gilmore treatment from Toronto and wasn't anything special.

Comment

Muggsy was a favourite of mine (named a budgie after him!) but in terms of all time I have to say Vince. Watching him play is when I really fell in love with the sport and transitioned away from hockey as my number one event for watching.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Morris Peterson.

Mo Pete was a lower draft pick (great value), so he didn't come in as a saviour but quickly managed to solidify a role as the 3&D wing for the Raps. Underrated finisher at the rim (my avatar is one of my favourite all-time plays - finishing the layup after his headband got knocked over his eyes). He did everything that he could to win. Always worked hard, was a good teammate and was great for this franchise.

Michigan State represents as well.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Definitely Amir Johnson.. so tough to see him not on the team anymore.. even more so as a Celtic.

Comment

Garbajosa during his short time here. Probably Amir next.

Comment

I have to go with Boogie Williams.

He was not a great shooter, but seemed to always make shots in the the clutch. Great defender and excellent role player. He just played hard all the time, he never took plays off.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Vince Carter. No question. He is the reason I am a Raptors fan.

After him, Alvin "Boogie" Williams - watching him hobble out for some games when you knew he could barely walk, and then watch him proceed to lock down PGs and run circles around guys.. too awesome.

After them ... TJ Ford. Such a shame what happened to him .. I will always hold a soft spot in my heart for him, and always hate Horford for what he did.

Comment

Working...
                              X