Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's your favourite Raptor of all-time and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides VC
    1. Amir
    2. Moon
    3. TJ
    4. Mo
    5. Parker/Jose

Comment

surprisingly bosh ...i started watching in the vince era and i saw bosh and I saw some of the mistakes that were made. bosh was truly and is truly a great basketball player

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I have to go with Boogie Williams.

He was not a great shooter, but seemed to always make shots in the the clutch. Great defender and excellent role player. He just played hard all the time, he never took plays off.
        Gotta second that for all the same reasons. The only thing I'd dd to it is that he was the Anti-Vince. He was a hard worker, a real pro's pro, played hurt when he had to, made clutch shots when Vince wasn't too busy dribbling away the clock and launching step back one footed clangers, played great defence and played within the team scheme.

When VC went down with "jumpers knee" Alvin rallied the troops and lead the raps into the post season and a near upset of Detroit (still can't forgive Chris Childs). He never went and aired his garbage in the media and never was a look at me kinda guy. First Jersey I ever bought and still my fav.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I've said it before.

Damon Stoudemire. Mighty Mouse was a beast for us during his time here, and boy..... going back and admiring his game is a fun thing to do.

I get the love for Vince, yet don't.

Also, I loved Peja in his prime... so I can say him.... yet is it fair? He played 2 whole games with us.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

My top three are probably Amir, Mo, and Jose. Also loved Charles Oakley while he was here, but his body of work wasn't really big enough to be an all-time fave.

If Lowry is here through his contract he'll be near the top. Same goes for Jonas. DeMar was in the running until I started getting sick of his play-style under Casey.

Comment

True. So clutch.
              1. Boogie
              2. Amir
              3. Vince (I could never fault a guy for getting away from shitty management)

WJF wrote: View Post
              I have to go with Boogie Williams.

He was not a great shooter, but seemed to always make shots in the the clutch. Great defender and excellent role player. He just played hard all the time, he never took plays off.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                Garbajosa during his short time here. Probably Amir next.
                Same here:

1) Garbo
                2) Amir
                3) Mo Pete

When that team with Garbo, Jose, Parker and Bosh suddenly started winning it felt like the first drink of water after crossing a desert (that desert being the late-Vince and post-Vince era).
                the original brow

Comment

Vince Carter. He's the reason i'm a Raptors fan.

GREATEST Raptor of all time. Future Hall of Famer. Can't wait to see #15 jersey retirement. It's going to happen.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Vinsanity is the reason I not only became a raptors fan but a basketball addict.

Comment

Mo Pete cause of all his ridiculous circus shots, he was a lefty, his durability and just being a good dude
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Adding another player to my list for sentimental reasonings:

Doug Christie is the only Raptor I've met in person.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Reason I started to really follow basketball is because of Kyle Lowry.

Comment

Like others have said, vince carter is the reason I'm obsessed with this team and sport to this day. Like so many millions of kids in the 90s gravitated to MJ. Vince was my michael jordan at the turn of the century. Ill never forget the slam dunk competition, I was 15 and watching on a small tv in the hospital waiting for an appendectomy. I was already a huge vince/raptors fan but that, and all the way to the game 7 sixers miss, had established an electric buzz around the team I will remember forever. long live vincanity and fuck the haters, he was such a smooth player..
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not my fave but Jalen Rose - Cap'n Crunch! He was really clutch during his time here.. and reps the t dot hard!

Comment

Jose Calderon for me...

For what he lacked in physical tools, he made up for in smart plays (granted mostly on the offensive side). He improved his shot considerably during his time (went from abysmal 3 point shooting to league best) with the raps and still holds one of the few league records for the raps (only missed three free throws in the 2009 season!!!).

He never outwardly complained about the various point guards that came in to replace him. He just went to work and did the best job that he could...

Comment

Working...
                                X