Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's your favourite Raptor of all-time and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distorsun
    replied
    True. So clutch.
    1. Boogie
    2. Amir
    3. Vince (I could never fault a guy for getting away from shitty management)

WJF wrote: View Post
    I have to go with Boogie Williams.

He was not a great shooter, but seemed to always make shots in the the clutch. Great defender and excellent role player. He just played hard all the time, he never took plays off.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    My top three are probably Amir, Mo, and Jose. Also loved Charles Oakley while he was here, but his body of work wasn't really big enough to be an all-time fave.

If Lowry is here through his contract he'll be near the top. Same goes for Jonas. DeMar was in the running until I started getting sick of his play-style under Casey.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    I've said it before.

Damon Stoudemire. Mighty Mouse was a beast for us during his time here, and boy..... going back and admiring his game is a fun thing to do.

I get the love for Vince, yet don't.

Also, I loved Peja in his prime... so I can say him.... yet is it fair? He played 2 whole games with us.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post

He was not a great shooter, but seemed to always make shots in the the clutch. Great defender and excellent role player. He just played hard all the time, he never took plays off.
    Gotta second that for all the same reasons. The only thing I'd dd to it is that he was the Anti-Vince. He was a hard worker, a real pro's pro, played hurt when he had to, made clutch shots when Vince wasn't too busy dribbling away the clock and launching step back one footed clangers, played great defence and played within the team scheme.

When VC went down with "jumpers knee" Alvin rallied the troops and lead the raps into the post season and a near upset of Detroit (still can't forgive Chris Childs). He never went and aired his garbage in the media and never was a look at me kinda guy. First Jersey I ever bought and still my fav.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    surprisingly bosh ...i started watching in the vince era and i saw bosh and I saw some of the mistakes that were made. bosh was truly and is truly a great basketball player

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Besides VC
    1. Amir
    2. Moon
    3. TJ
    4. Mo
    5. Parker/Jose

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Vince Carter. No question. He is the reason I am a Raptors fan.

After him, Alvin "Boogie" Williams - watching him hobble out for some games when you knew he could barely walk, and then watch him proceed to lock down PGs and run circles around guys.. too awesome.

After them ... TJ Ford. Such a shame what happened to him .. I will always hold a soft spot in my heart for him, and always hate Horford for what he did.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Garbajosa during his short time here. Probably Amir next.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Definitely Amir Johnson.. so tough to see him not on the team anymore.. even more so as a Celtic.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Morris Peterson.

Mo Pete was a lower draft pick (great value), so he didn't come in as a saviour but quickly managed to solidify a role as the 3&D wing for the Raps. Underrated finisher at the rim (my avatar is one of my favourite all-time plays - finishing the layup after his headband got knocked over his eyes). He did everything that he could to win. Always worked hard, was a good teammate and was great for this franchise.

Michigan State represents as well.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Muggsy was a favourite of mine (named a budgie after him!) but in terms of all time I have to say Vince. Watching him play is when I really fell in love with the sport and transitioned away from hockey as my number one event for watching.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    jerome wrote: View Post

Unfortunately when Kevin O'Neill took over as coach JYD suddenly forgot how to play basketball.
    Lots of players did. They were busy in counseling for verbal abuse help. Was jyd able to keep his rebounds up? Lots of players forgot how to put the ball in the basket that year. I personally thought he got the wendal clark/ Doug Gilmore treatment from Toronto and wasn't anything special.

Leave a comment:

• jerome
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    For completely non-basketball reasons, it's JYD Jerome Williams. He left and absolutely lasting impression on me when I met him as a kid, as part of a contest my class won, as a genuinely nice guy who was fun.

If it was for basketball reasons, it'd be a tie between Lowry and Damon.
    remember that year when Vince went down, the raptors made a late season push, had a franchise record winning streak, and made the 7th seed? Jerome was a big part of that streak and really impressed me as someone who is not only a hustle guy but can also get 10pts 10reb on a regular basis.

Unfortunately when Kevin O'Neill took over as coach JYD suddenly forgot how to play basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Mugsy/mighty mouse. I was super excited for Damon and loved him. Followed the jail blazers for him. Just sucks he never had competent players around him here. Loved watching mugsy mess it up with the giants of the league. Really smart player. Soft spot for Doug Christie, who I think should have a higher standing with the raps, and even though he was super old here del curry was great to watch toss up threes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X