Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which player will have a break-out season this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JV should definitely improve, but I also think 2Pat will have sort of a breakout year as well.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm hoping that tross can finally put in together and be an effective 3&D player off the bench. Playing for a contract extension may actually get him motivated to improve and not disappear at times.

Comment

if it isn't JV, it's going to be a long and frustrating season to watch.

Valanciunas just needs to get passes in the right places, and get the minutes he deserves and I think he'll have a great year. If that doesn't happen, it means we're still doing the same garbage we did last season.

Comment

JV, PP, or CoJo would be my picks

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            JV. I'm telling you as soon as the team starts giving him his due attention and minutes
            That's the rub. After the last two years and Casey's comments this summer, it's hard to see this condition being fulfilled. I'd say probably 80% of the fanbase believes Val will break out if featured.

Based on Casey's comments it seems like Patman will have one of the better opportunities to stay out there and produce. I also think CoJo might see a fair amount of minutes in small ball lineups.

Comment

Shocked.

I think Carroll is gonna have the break-out year TBH.

Yeah, most will argue that occured last year, but now he has to show he's earned that cash. Also, he'll have the ball more here than Atlanta, so I will not be surprised if he's putting up more points and rebounds this year, especially if were playing him at the 4 cuz Casey.

I think JV's also a great candidate to improve, but it's all on the minutes.

As for the 905, I hope Bruno shows up and is ready for the NBA next year.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

It could honestly be anyone
                Demar is a 3ball and better shot selection away from being a lower tier star player
                Carroll could surprise and continue what he did in the playoffs
                Patterson could become that stretch 4
                Jv could become an allstar c
                Cojo is a 3 ball and Lowry injury away
                Ross is healthy could become a 6th man
                Jj could become a good starting 4
                Biyombo/Bebe could become a defensive anchor

Most of them won't do much different but honestly have no idea which guy it could be. It's all about opportunity

Comment

I don't know; JV would be the safe bet but that would require minutes.

Outside of that, I think it would be one of these four if given the opportunity: Bebe, Patterson, Joseph, or Ross in that order.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Reading through all of the comments I've come to a conclusion.

Despite not necessarily being a "young" the majority of our players are all capable of having break out years.

For a team that is expected to make the playoffs and possibly make it out of the first round, that's pretty good.

Personally I think if JV can hit a midrange jumpshot and learn to pass out of the post its probably him that will see the greatest improvement.

I think the defence is going to be changed to suit him more so he can stay down low on the block where he's more comfortable.

CoJo is my next guy to make the big jump. I could see him having a 6th man of the year type year in Toronto. This kid is a pitbull on defence, is a good passer, good shooter and can get to the rim.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Biyomboooooooooooooo

Comment

Let's hope lightning strikes and everyone breaks out, damn we'd be stacked.

Lowry ---> Billups
                        DeMar ---> Kobe
                        DeMarre ---> Kawhi
                        2Pat ---> Paul Millsap
                        JV ---> Pau meets Tyson Chandler

Delon ---> Jason Kidd
                        Powell ---> DWade
                        Ross ---> Jason Richardson
                        Scola ---> Kevin McHale
                        Biyombo ---> Ben Wallace
                        Bruno ---> Kevin Durant
                        Bebe ---> DeAndre Jordan

Comment

Norman Powell for me... If any guy can move from 2nd round pick to possibly contributing real minutes, that counts as a major breakout for me... Does anyone know the length of his contract?

But certainly lots of possibilities here...

Comment

The player, who Casey choses to replace Lou's role with

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

POWELL (pls)
                              SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

Follower wrote: View Post
                                The player, who Casey choses to replace Lou's role with

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
                                2 posts, 2 victories. Quality not quantity.
                                SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X