Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many moves are we from title contention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    The point is obvious, I thought: "Change for change's sake", or even if better reasoned, can be a shocking disaster.
    Dude, they hired arguably the best coach in the league. If that's a disaster, I want it.

#Popforcoach

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      Dude, they hired arguably the best coach in the league. If that's a disaster, I want it.

#Popforcoach
      Dude, I meant ... ah, be off with ya'

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post429406

The link is to a Feb 2015 RR exchange. Casey is ridiculed for not playing (beloved) JJ at PF for months after (it is alleged) RR members had lobbied for this move. Two regular members support this view.

... Two other members point out (with evidence) that Casey had actually been doing this regularly.

So it goes for Dwayne Casey, sometimes ... apparently.

By the way, you might envy me (as a rookie). I am going through old RR threads like others devour newly-discovered Netflix series ... series that have been running on HBO for years ...

actually the 'evidence' you found was literally debunked a few posts after that. you need to devour more old threads.

Comment

The point is obvious, I thought: "Change for change's sake", or even if better reasoned, can be a shocking disaster.

My hunch is that Masai feels Casey is important to the organization's stability. He's the one extending players and sitting down with the Aldridges and Carrolls of the world.

I have no problem at all with a change being made. But Casey is an experienced, well-educated leader and a man of good character. An organization (and its fans, in my view) should treat such people respectfully ... and be seen to do so.

And even if Casey's critics make some valid points, I (like Masai) am quite content to see how the new players and coaches come together.

But people are entitled to their opinions. And it's not a crime to be ill-informed, unreasonable or patently disrespectful ... but it's usually not a good thing. Of that - if nothing else - I am certain.
          any change could be a 'shocking disaster'. just like how a huge change (getting rid of rudy and gaining a bunch of scrubs to effectively tank) can somehow spell the complete opposite.

everyone freaked when mark jackson got fired for a rookie coach. oh and look what happened after that. if you think getting rid of casey is just "change for changes sake" well then you're obviously completely oblivious to other peoples arguments on here.

the ONLY reason casey is still in town is because through absolutely NO credit to himself, the team magically found random chemistry when the ex-kings players came over. he actually started packing his bags after that terrible 5-13 start or whatever it was prior to the trade. the new ex-kings players didnt even have an offseason to learn any of the teams schemes or even play with one another. and guess what? the following year we DID have an offseason with casey at the helm and pretty much the WHOLE TEAM looked like shit this year (as per SJ's words you keep quoting over and over). coincidence? i think not.
          Last edited by iblastoff; Wed Jul 29, 2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Dude, I meant ... ah, be off with ya'
            I would love to know what you meant because that was more than a horrible analogy.

There aren't simply analytics (notice how most non-playoff teams are near the bottom) that show how bad those Carlyle Leafs teams were, there are actual system breakdowns (1, 2) of what was going on and how it led to goals on top of goals against.

Are you comparing this guy to Dwane Casey? Because then I REALLY want him gone.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              I still have trouble following Superjudge's logic.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                thanks for the support my friend, its not often around here.

One thing that has long bothered me, and why im here less and less is that people dont read posts, dont try to understand what youre saying, then add in their own meanings to suit whatever slant they'd like to take.

An example, I never gave Casey credit for toronto playing well in 2013, I simply mentioned nobody was calling for his head. Seem sto me its the rest of the people here who reacted to the losing.

Another, I have said tim eafter time that casey has a role in toronto's lack of sucsess, yet time and time again, because people like to argue and fight, guys here completely skip over that stuff...sam e with JV, i can talk about potential all day, I can post about how i think he can pul it together.... but state the truth about what he's doing right now....I'm a hater!!!! Hey listen, he's slow, and his fitness is his fault, not the coaches.... and to be honest ,he is a disaster a lot of games when he touches the ball.... dont look at the coach to se it, look at his teammates who refuse to give him the ball.

So You can say all the "fuck Sj's" you like, and this scalabrine guy can play internet keyboard warrior all day if he so chooses. It doesn't much change anything. I just call it lie it is, and when it changes, i will call it as such then too.
                Sorry for the hostility, however I find it difficult to understand how you can endorse DC after everything he's done terribly this past season. I do like your avatar
                SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

You lost me when you called a good, hard-working, experienced, well-educated man - publicly - an "idiot".

And I've said more than enough anyway ...
                  Good, hard-working, experienced, well-educated man - absolutely. Seems like a great guy, I would love to split a plate of 'chos with him and talk ball. As far as effectiveness as a coach goes, I would say idiot isn't far off.
                  SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

The moves with Casey still coaching to get to contention:
                    Valanciunas and Knicks pick get traded to move up and get skal or Simmons, whichever is available
                    Biz becomes the starter
                    Play out the following year as a young, defensive team hovering around 1st-2nd round still
                    Westbrook shocks the world and come to Toronto because of a surprisingly good meeting which offers a very good situation for him to be the guy, and fashion opportunities with drake etc.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      Sounds like all you're saying is coaches don't matter.

So what if you dont have KD or Lebron? You think GS would have still won this year with Mark Jackson as coach?

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
                      You see. With a more defensive oriented team, coaching matters so much more.

Since games will be low scoring (or at least one would assume so) the grind out games require smart tactics. Not sure if casey is the man for it but irregardless of our whining; we have one more year of his bullshit.

Let's see what his defensive expertise can make of the new roster
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• ^ quoted the wrong msg. Too lazy to fix it
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• If Masai doesn't get this thing turned around sufficiently, maybe the Raptors could hire Anthopolous?
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            thanks for the support my friend, its not often around here.

One thing that has long bothered me, and why im here less and less is that people dont read posts, dont try to understand what youre saying, then add in their own meanings to suit whatever slant they'd like to take.

An example, I never gave Casey credit for toronto playing well in 2013, I simply mentioned nobody was calling for his head. Seem sto me its the rest of the people here who reacted to the losing.

Another, I have said tim eafter time that casey has a role in toronto's lack of sucsess, yet time and time again, because people like to argue and fight, guys here completely skip over that stuff...sam e with JV, i can talk about potential all day, I can post about how i think he can pul it together.... but state the truth about what he's doing right now....I'm a hater!!!! Hey listen, he's slow, and his fitness is his fault, not the coaches.... and to be honest ,he is a disaster a lot of games when he touches the ball.... dont look at the coach to se it, look at his teammates who refuse to give him the ball.

So You can say all the "fuck Sj's" you like, and this scalabrine guy can play internet keyboard warrior all day if he so chooses. It doesn't much change anything. I just call it lie it is, and when it changes, i will call it as such then too.
                            Such a shame. This site is the best I've found as regards the level of comment (and humour). I hope the team, and Casey, surprise the nay-sayers here. But, almost as much, I wish the some of the fans here could put discursive decency ahead of their own theories ... and egos. Anyway ... GO RAPS!
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Jul 30, 2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              Such a shame. This site is the best I've found as regards the level of comment (and humour). I hope the team, and Casey, surprise the nay-sayers here. But, almost as much, I wish the some of the fans here could put discursive decency ahead of their own theories ... and egos. Anyway ... GO RAPS!
                              you have it wrong. people don't listen to superjudge because he is almost always wrong, and truly always antagonistic.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                                The moves with Casey still coaching to get to contention:
                                Valanciunas and Knicks pick get traded to move up and get skal or Simmons, whichever is available
                                Biz becomes the starter
                                Play out the following year as a young, defensive team hovering around 1st-2nd round still
                                Westbrook shocks the world and come to Toronto because of a surprisingly good meeting which offers a very good situation for him to be the guy, and fashion opportunities with drake etc.
                                Westbrook isn't free agent until 2017. Highly unlikely he leaves OKC if Durant resigns in summer of 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X