Was last season a disaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was and it wasn't

cons: watching them was brutal, hilarious playoff sweep was about as embarrassing as can be
    pros: true colours came out, MU can move forward with a more decisive, clear plan.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      it was and it wasn't

cons: watching them was brutal, hilarious playoff sweep was about as embarrassing as can be
      pros: true colours came out, MU can move forward with a more decisive, clear plan.

There was no true colour, the colours were exactly as they are and appear.

the playoff loss was expected, therefore was neither an eyeopener, or a surprise or a wakeup call. It was exactly what it was destined to be.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
        There was no true colour, the colours were exactly as they are and appear.

the playoff loss was expected, therefore was neither an eyeopener, or a surprise or a wakeup call. It was exactly what it was destined to be.
        Actually a lot of people thought we were going to beat Washington, considering they had a worse record and appeared to be just as poorly coached as we were.

They smashed us in the playoffs though because they prided themselves on being an elite defensive team, which is something that carries over much more consistently into the playoffs. We were an elite offense by oRTG (not in reality), but the truth is that iso-ball can be VERY unpredictable in the playoffs and downright awful if you lack a superstar and shots aren't falling (which is what happened to us).

For the record I was more scared of potentially playing the Bucks. Even better defensive team than WAS, well coached and would've been even more disgraceful to lose to an upstart young team. At least we can mentally justify Washington as having vets and playoff experience.

Comment

i dont know if i buy the first round exit as a blessing in disguise. i think that vastly affected our chances at big name FA's, who all want to actually win. if we somehow made it to the ECF, who knows? maybe aldridge would have taken us more seriously.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
            Actually a lot of people thought we were going to beat Washington, considering they had a worse record and appeared to be just as poorly coached as we were.

They smashed us in the playoffs though because they prided themselves on being an elite defensive team, which is something that carries over much more consistently into the playoffs. We were an elite offense by oRTG (not in reality), but the truth is that iso-ball can be VERY unpredictable in the playoffs and downright awful if you lack a superstar and shots aren't falling (which is what happened to us).

For the record I was more scared of potentially playing the Bucks. Even better defensive team than WAS, well coached and would've been even more disgraceful to lose to an upstart young team. At least we can mentally justify Washington as having vets and playoff experience.
            Actually took the liberty of finding this thread: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...dictions-Recap

53/58 posters predicted a Raptors win.

Comment

Actually took the liberty of finding this thread: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...dictions-Recap

53/58 posters predicted a Raptors win.
              I called a sweep...

Little did I know.

Comment

I had no faith in them for most teams, and I thought american media)espn) was picking washington for the win.

And early in the season I think alot of writers outside of Canada/Toronto thought team was 1st round exit.

Comment

In hindsight, I should have made 2 separate posts, one concerning the season, which everyone seems to be focusing on.

But what I should have separated was the possibility that maybe none of the returning players on our team actually saw their value increase despite a 49 win season, which is both unusual and a bit of a disturbing outcome for the future of the Raptors franchise.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    In hindsight, I should have made 2 separate posts, one concerning the season, which everyone seems to be focusing on.

But what I should have separated was the possibility that maybe none of the returning players on our team actually saw their value increase despite a 49 win season, which is both unusual and a bit of a disturbing outcome for the future of the Raptors franchise.
                    I think the Value of Lou Williams Increased considerably.

And up until post allstar, Lowry's was higher than it has ever been.

Demars went down I would say, since last season.

Lowry and Lou makes sense. I guess Demars drop does as well. Ross decreased too.

I would say JVs went up, in limited minutes he produced at a tremendous rate. his defense lacked, but alot of that was role.

Comment

Lowry and Lou makes sense. I guess Demars drop does as well. Ross decreased too.

I would say JVs went up, in limited minutes he produced at a tremendous rate. his defense lacked, but alot of that was role.
                      Read the OP when you have a few, we agree on a few things at least.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

lou signed for essentialy the same contract on a crappy team after winning sixth man and teams overspending.

Comment

Last season was a disaster.

No sense in dwelling on it.

Changes have been made.

I think this team looks drastically different again in another year.

I would not be surprised to see just Bruno, Bebe, JV, and PP as only raptors from 2014-2015 on the 2016-2017 team.

The reminder of casey wearing the ring...everyone else has nailed it. Insecure move and shameless.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

At the same time, we have nothing but value-contracts on this team, even after those playoffs. DeMar is the only one that might be difficult to recoop value on, and that's just because he's in the last year of his value-contract and figures to see a significant pay increase. While trade value mightn't have been sky high at the deadline or this summer, we're as flexible and asset-laden as we've ever been.
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Jul 30, 2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I had no faith in them for most teams, and I thought american media)espn) was picking washington for the win.

And early in the season I think alot of writers outside of Canada/Toronto thought team was 1st round exit.
                              uh no.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015...ctions-round-1

Comment

thats why i said i thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X