No announcement yet.

Was last season a disaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou was great offensively. With Lou, DD, and Lowry the roster had too many iso guys and not enough defense. I can't speak for Casey, but I think the roster, as it stands now, is more to his liking.
    Last edited by stretch; Sat Aug 1, 2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

It's always preferable to be stupid quietly.

Snooch wrote: View Post
      I didnt read that big long post, but I am certain that it was a rehash of excuses for last seasons performance that has been stated many time by fans who are fans of the players as opposed to the team.

Blame Ross, Poor Defense, blah bblah.

Last season was exactly as it was predicted.

A team that may find a little regular season success only to be pounded in the playoffs.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Lou was great offensively. With Lou, DD, and Lowry the roster had too many iso guys and not enough defense. I can't speak for Casey, but I think the roster, as it stands now, is more to his liking.
        Actually, Casey agrees with you. This recent Q&A on NBA.com is about as close as you'll ever hear him admit to making a mistake in coaching strategy/tactics....

(I fixed it up a bit. lol)

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...e-casey-qanda/

Q: How do the roster changes help in that regard?
        DC: The guys we added are system-type guys. Lou is one of the top iso players in the league. I wouldn't be very smart if I didn't over-utilize that, and we did. We rightly got criticized for it and sometimes that style of play doesn't translate in the playoffs.
        But I think you got to have a balance, because some systems get bogged down in the playoffs also. That's what we're shooting for this year, to get a balance between having a guy that can break down a defense and get his own shot, as well as ball movement and body movement, which is what all coaches are striving for.

Q: So DeMar can still be who he is in a system that moves the ball more?
        DC: Right. DeMar is who he is. He's a guy that plays in the low post, can play with the basketball, but he's also a coachable player. He knows that moving the basketball is what's best for the team.
        But too, he's one of the top inefficient mid-range scorer's in the league. That's his game and it's on us to incorporate that within a system of ball movement and get some continuity. But as a coach, you do need the guy, at the end of the clock or in a tough situation where you need a bucket , that can create his own shot.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Actually, Casey agrees with you. This recent Q&A on NBA.com is about as close as you'll ever hear him admit to making a mistake in coaching strategy/tactics....

and there you have it.

Offense will remain the same, gotta try to incorporate an inefficient offense into an offense that you are striving to be efficient with.

Comment

I just don't know what to say or do anymore.....

Comment

and there you have it.

Offense will remain the same, gotta try to incorporate an inefficient offense into an offense that you are striving to be efficient with.
              Lol. What? How did you get that out of the interview? Some of you guys are so invested in the "Casey is an idiot" narrative you've not only lost all sense you've seemingly lost your basic reading comprehension abilities....

Oh no, the coach is going to try and incorporate the players he actually has on his roster into an offense with more ball and player movement!!!!! While trying to utilize their actual abilities!!!! The HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                Lol. What? How did you get that out of the interview? Some of you guys are so invested in the "Casey is an idiot" narrative you've not only lost all sense you've seemingly lost your basic reading comprehension abilities....

Oh no, the coach is going to try and incorporate the players he actually has on his roster into an offense with more ball and player movement!!!!! While trying to utilize their actual abilities!!!! The HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I'll believe it when I see it
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

After the dumpster fie of heavy ISO Casey has said no dramatic changes

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...p-options.html

He is going to run the same offense with CoJo taking mid-range shots like Demar and Demarre glued to the 3 point line like Patterson. It'll be the same terrible offense but without three point shooting. Dfnse will suck too just not basement level

Comment

I'm not sure if this roster is better suited for ball movment with two of it's best ball handlers and higher b'ball IQ guys no longer around. Don't you need guys who literally play with their heads up and have vision of the court for ball movement to happen? I actually think our offense will take a considerable step backwards this season. Not that losing the iso heavy ofense is a bad thing, but losing Lou and GV limits what you can do on that end of the floor when you don't have guys that can handle the ball and make plays.

Comment

I'd agree with this 100%, except that we had Vasquez who previously led the entire NBA in assists. Coming in, GV was touted as an elite pick & roll PG with the timing and talent to hit the rolling big man, but we didn't seem to utilize that even though we had 2 elite PnR finishers in Amir and JV, with Hansbrough also being very good.

Comment

to quote casey
                        he's one of the top inefficient mid-range scorer's in the league. That's his game and it's on us to incorporate that within a system of ball movement and get some continuity
                        He says he is a top inefficient scorer, and then turns around and says they need to incorporate that into the offense.

I do not disagree with Casey taking a little undue heat, but that statement was fucking dumb.

And he does need to coach his players and with them, problem is he has to use a top inefficient scorer in the first place.

Comment

to quote casey

He says he is a top inefficient scorer, and then turns around and says they need to incorporate that into the offense.

I do not disagree with Casey taking a little undue heat, but that statement was fucking dumb.

And he does need to coach his players and with them, problem is he has to use a top inefficient scorer in the first place.
                          The hilighted was not part of Casey's original quote, but added by someone on RR for fun.

Comment

I'd agree with this 100%, except that we had Vasquez who previously led the entire NBA in assists. Coming in, GV was touted as an elite pick & roll PG with the timing and talent to hit the rolling big man, but we didn't seem to utilize that even though we had 2 elite PnR finishers in Amir and JV, with Hansbrough also being very good.
                            And he took ISO Lou to an all new level.

His assist rate was lowest of his career last season.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              The hilighted was not part of Casey's original quote, but added by someone on RR for fun.
                              This should have been obvious, however it doesn't surprise me at all that Snooch didn't pick up on that tbh.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                                This should have been obvious, however it doesn't surprise me at all that Snooch didn't pick up on that tbh.
                                it doesn't surprise me either way.

But it doesn't surprise me that Jwash will attempt to be a huge asshole over it.

Good job asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X