• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    it was and it wasn't

cons: watching them was brutal, hilarious playoff sweep was about as embarrassing as can be
    pros: true colours came out, MU can move forward with a more decisive, clear plan.

There was no true colour, the colours were exactly as they are and appear.

the playoff loss was expected, therefore was neither an eyeopener, or a surprise or a wakeup call. It was exactly what it was destined to be.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    it was and it wasn't

cons: watching them was brutal, hilarious playoff sweep was about as embarrassing as can be
    pros: true colours came out, MU can move forward with a more decisive, clear plan.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    It still stings that DC was not removed from his post. Most posters thought that it would be worth the embarrassment if he was replaced.

DC wearing his championship ring that he got as an assistant with Dallas at the post-season press conference was a punk move imo . He should have exhibited humility not brashness.
    Oh, man, don't remind me of that Casey ring BS. Disgraceful thing to do, really, for a leader. That reeked of insecurity and a cover your own butt mentality. Basically he was saying without saying... "it was their fault, not mine, and I've got a ring to prove it." Lovely way to set the tone for your team when things get tough. And like I said, arrogance and defiance started to creep into the Raps team culture, in contrast to the season before.

The only guy who publicly took any sort of responsibility for that playoff poop-show was Masai. None of the players even bothered to offer any sort of explanation, e.g. Lowry or DD.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    It still stings that DC was not removed from his post. Most posters thought that it would be worth the embarrassment if he was replaced.

DC wearing his championship ring that he got as an assistant with Dallas at the post-season press conference was a punk move imo . He should have exhibited humility not brashness.
    Yeah, I left Casey out because he had no trade value anyway, but his stock dropped after last season as well.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    Yeah I agree with this. Also there was hope that after the sweep that Dwane Casey would finally be removed from his head coaching position.

It wasn't a disaster, in the sense that it forced some much needed changes for the team.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    I suggest you read the post in its entirety --it is a good post.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    I didnt read that big long post, but I am certain that it was a rehash of excuses for last seasons performance that has been stated many time by fans who are fans of the players as opposed to the team.

Blame Ross, Poor Defense, blah bblah.

Last season was exactly as it was predicted.

A team that may find a little regular season success only to be pounded in the playoffs.
    I suggest you read the post in its entirety --it is a good post.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    its easy, there is a button that says quick reply, you click that and type.

And I scanned, and it didnt matter, as the post asks if last season was a disaster, I responded that it wasnt, it was exactly as predicted.

Moderate regular season success, utter playoff failure.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have your first Idiot's Guide to Sounding like an Idiot!

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    I don't understand how you can comment on a thread without reading the OP and expect to sound remotely intelligent.
    its easy, there is a button that says quick reply, you click that and type.

And I scanned, and it didnt matter, as the post asks if last season was a disaster, I responded that it wasnt, it was exactly as predicted.

Moderate regular season success, utter playoff failure.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    I didnt read that big long post, but I am certain that it was a rehash of excuses for last seasons performance that has been stated many time by fans who are fans of the players as opposed to the team.

A team that may find a little regular season success only to be pounded in the playoffs.
    I don't understand how you can comment on a thread without reading the OP and expect to sound remotely intelligent.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Tbh we're very fortunate that Washington woke up in the playoffs.

Would've been pretty bad if we rolled out the same iso-squad with 4 guards on the court at once and several minus defenders.

I like the look of our squad much more now. And we might not have made as many changes if we advanced further in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied

Actually it was rather the opposite.

But hey, way to openly voice an ignorant opinion and put your rights to work!

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied

Brilliant analysis of a post you didn't bother to read.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't call it a disaster, but definitely a team-wide step backwards, especially from a player development POV, as you summarized nicely.

In hindsight, getting blown out in the first round was actually blessing-in-disguise, because it would have been far worse if that style of play (on both ends) had been successful. It was pointed out by many, even when we were winning big, that the style of play was un-sustainable and would fail miserably in the playoffs.

There also seemed to be a bit of a inmates-running-the-asylum, arrogant, entitlement type of culture creeping in... a far cry from the gritty, blue collar guys that gave us #WetheNorth optimism the season before.
    Yeah I agree with this. Also there was hope that after the sweep that Dwane Casey would finally be removed from his head coaching position.

It wasn't a disaster, in the sense that it forced some much needed changes for the team.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X