Everything Shannon Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Shannon Scott

The Raptors signed Shannon Scott, 4 year point guard at Ohio State.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...scott-to-deal/

Scott, 22, played for the San Antonio Spurs last month in Las Vegas at the Summer League, and this past season started all 35 games as a senior for the NCAA's Ohio Buckeye's, where he was a two-time Big Ten All-Defensive team member. He is also the son of Charlie Scott, who played in the ABA for two seasons and was a three-time all-star in the NBA.

Essentially a training camp invite, Scott joins French small forward Alex Toupane, forward Ronald Roberts, and forward Michale Kyser -- all members of the Raptors 2015 Summer League roster -- to compete for a potential spot on the 15-man roster for the 2015-16 season.

Gotta get the best 15th man possible.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Shannon's dad, Charlie Scott, broke the racial barrier at North Carolina being the first African American on athletic scholarship there in 1967.

Comment

His dad is old as shit, he wasn't in college in 67? Lol
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Scott

Comment

Looks like the front runner for starting PG on the Raptors905, assuming Wright makes the NBA squad as 3rd string PG.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              He's 66 now which makes him about 44 ish at the time his kid was born, which is pretty old for a dad, but I think he had 2/3 kids already before Shannon
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Michael Jordan's twins were born a few days before his 51st birthday. Justin Trudeau is 52 years younger than his dad.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Michael Jordan's twins were born a few days before his 51st birthday. Justin Trudeau is 52 years younger than his dad.
                  So this thread has devolved into naming guys that were old when their kids were born.

Comment

I always assume Shannon is a girl's name, but I know more male Shannon's than female. Is it a boy name?
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      I always assume Shannon is a girl's name, but I know more male Shannon's than female. Is it a boy name?
                      It's both. Every Shannon I've met has either been a white girl or a black guy. Weird.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        It's both. Every Shannon I've met has either been a white girl or a black guy. Weird.
                        Shannon is an Irish name, Shawn and Shane are derivatives, and it means "old and wise" of "possessor of wisdom".

Let's hope in Scott's case his wisdom extends to basketball
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          Shannon is an Irish name, Shawn and Shane are derivatives, and it means "old and wise" of "possessor of wisdom".

Let's hope in Scott's case his wisdom extends to basketball
                          Scouting taken to the whole new level
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                          X