Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy League: Game #2 - Dan v. planetmars (Winner: planetmars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump!
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Guys, I just want to say, thinking about the scramble-unit possibilities with DanH's lineup has just about made my head explode.
      We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

This one was also pretty tough .. I probably would have started John Wall if I were DanH, as the playmaking capabilities would out-weight the slight defensive bonus you get from starting Dumars, since the rest of the Starters are pretty solid defensively, but otherwise, I give this one to Dan still.

Comment

Both excellent teams, very, very strong, and this game would go down to the wire...but in that scenario you need to have players that can manufacture buckets by themselves. Mars has two of the best ever in Bron and Paul. DanH has Wall, who might get there one day, but isn't there yet...and I know what a force Robinson was, but it can be hard to keep finding entry passes with the game on the line. You need to have at least one ball-handler who's a go-to guy. Gotta go with planetmars.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            This one was also pretty tough .. I probably would have started John Wall if I were DanH, as the playmaking capabilities would out-weight the slight defensive bonus you get from starting Dumars, since the rest of the Starters are pretty solid defensively, but otherwise, I give this one to Dan still.
            but I get Danhs logic for letting Scottie play as a point forward.

Scottie probably would have averaged 7 assists per game on this team, and Dumars offensively fits better with DRobinson.

I get it, Its a ballsy play.

Comment

Waiting on PMs adjustments.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                Waiting on PMs adjustments.
                That means right now you are leaning towards my team! As a completely objective observer, I recommend voting immediately.

Unless that first assumption is wrong. Then I'd hold off for more info.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Haha good assumption. Are there any timelines for adjustments? Any timelines for when voting ends?

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                    Haha good assumption. Are there any timelines for adjustments? Any timelines for when voting ends?
                    Each voting period is only 48 hours, so approx 8 hours left to vote.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Was waiting for PM's rebuttal but I don't want to miss out on voting. My vote goes to DanH.

Comment

Sorry had a busier weekend than I originally planned...

Rebuttal/Additional Comments:

Despite Robinson or Gasol being able to pass the ball.. Dumars or Clyde has to be able to get the ball into them and as Barkley/Wallace/Parish will be pushing them out of the paint where it will be harder for them to find a an open perimeter player to shoot the ball.

The guy that makes it difficult for DanH to win is honestly Dennis Rodman. He's an elite rebounder and defender.. has 5 championships to his name, but he's a complete afterthought on offense. You can stop Robinson by double teaming him when he has the ball, with both Barkley and Parish and putting man-to-man coverage on all perimeter players denying them a good clean 3 point shot. Clyde/Pippen/Dumars can all handle the ball, but they'll all be covered with elite defenders in LBJ, Paul and Bowen.. making it difficult for them to really operate. Even if he goes small with Pippen at the 4 (and Clyde/Iggy at the 2/3), you are underrating Parish's defensive prowess who was a member of some elite defensive Celtic teams in the early 80's. Robinson may be able to get some looks, but Parish isn't going to make it that easy on him, tiring him out in the process.

Harden's defense seems to be underrated around these parts. Statistically last season (arguably his prime year) he was an okay defender.. I'd even argue above average. He had a defensive rating of 103 (as good or better than guys like Jordan, Paul, Kobe or James had in parts of their careers.. Kobe had a DRTG of 105 when he was a member of the all defensive team), a DWS of 4.2, and opponents shot 1.6% worse (4.3 3P%) when he was guarding them. His DRPM was -0.16 which is slightly below average but wouldn't be considered a stiff by any means. On offense he's as elite as they come. Splitting duties with Bowen would make any PPG advantage that DanH has negated when Harden sees the court (as compared to when Iggy or even Wall sees the court). And you can't count out Bernard King who averaged over 32PPG in his peak season.

Comment

If I was DanH I would've started Wall over Dumars, Wall is an elite playmaker and ball handler which would of helped his team more than Dumars and Wall is also a terrific defender although Dumars is better. The positives outweigh the negatives when starting wall over Dumars

But my vote goes to DanH
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

There are too many ball dominant players on planetmars' team and even though they wouldn't be selfish it would decrease the effectiveness of each player when they can't have the ball in their hands. DanH's team can handle the offensive firepower of planetmars, and Clyde Drexler and David Robinson could be very deadly offensively. Planetmars has some very good defenders but not as good as Dan. My vote is for Dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congratulations to planetmars

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X