Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy league Game #5 - Doge. v. Mr.Z (Winner: Dogelover)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    I think Mr.Z has the more talented team here, and Doge has no rim protection, which is a problem, because Mr.Z has a whole bunch of people who are really good at attacking the rim -- Tiny Archibald with his speed, Vince, Dr.J and C-Webb with their athleticism. Doge does have great perimeter defenders, but there needs to be a second line of defense against a team like this, a rim protector.

Wes Unseld vs. Shaq is interesting. Shaq is much bigger, faster, more athletic though. Unseld probably can't do much, but who knows, he was a powerful dude too.

Mitch Richmond is the guy who Jordan said was the toughest matchup for him, so it's cool to see him here on Mr.Z's team, even off the bench.

Very smart, unselfish, well ball moving team from Mr.Z. Not much defense in the starting lineup, although Shaq was good in his peak. Very good bench defensively though, so it complements starters well, especially much needed perimeter defense from Mitch Richmond and Draymond Green.

I'd like an extra 3 point shooter in both teams' starting lineup.

Winner: Mr.Z

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    first i think shaq goes nuts in this game. i don't think we were able to field the deep benches a good hack a shaq will require. if jordan is going to lose it is going to be early in the playoffs, but he didn't have many early outings in his prime except when he took sabbatical. i would like to see how z is going to slow down payton and jordan in the open court and how doge is going to use payton and jordan in tandem as two very ball dominant players.

7-1 300 pounds. nothing is stopping shaq. i am on the fence for this one and think the use and defense on payton jordan is the difference.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I'm voting early in this one. Can't go against MJ. I agree with other posters who said that both teams lack spacing (which wouldn't bother MJ and his possibly-best-ever midrange game), so edge to Doge there. And I think Doge has better bench flexibility.

Sorry, Z, you just ran into the guy with the first pick.

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Fixed. Good catch
    That might be Dwane Casey's wet dream though...

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Autocorrecting MJ to JV...

JV fan boyism at its finest?

Hahaha I kid!
    Fixed. Good catch

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    I think dogelover should have lewis starting, but mj can make it work

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Dogelover1234 Gameplan

We have compiled two guards who won the Defensive Player of the Year award (JV and Payton)
    Autocorrecting MJ to JV...

JV fan boyism at its finest?

Hahaha I kid!

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Don't like either team's starting lineups. Both can be stopped by packing the paint. Rashard should've gotten the start. And I kind of would've liked to have seen CWebb coming off the bench for Shaq so there's always a legit post threat on the court. Curious to see the adjustments

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    lol someone auto corrected MJ to JV

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    started a poll Legacy league Game #5 - Doge. v. Mr.Z (Winner: Dogelover)

Legacy league Game #5 - Doge. v. Mr.Z (Winner: Dogelover)

Dogelover1234's legends
    58.82%
    Mr.Z's legends
    41.18%

The poll is expired.

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted an 8 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Match-up #5

Dogelover1234 Line Up:

PG: Gary Payton: DPOY/All-NBA/All-Defense
    SG: Michael Jordan: DPOY/All-NBA/All-Defense/MVP/GOAT
    SF: John Havlicek: All-NBA/All-Defense
    PF: Blake Griffin: All-NBA (2nd)
    C: Wes Unseld: All-NBA/MVP

6Man: Brandon Roy (wing): All-NBA (2nd)
    7Man: Rashard Lewis (PF): All-Star/At his peak he shot over 40% from 3 on 6 att/g
    8Man: Jack Sikma (C): All-Defensive (2nd)/One of 20 players to ever average 19pt/g, 12rb/g, 3 ast/g, 1 stl/g and 1 blk/g in a season. (showing his complete all around game)

Mr. Z Lineup

PG - Nate "Tiny" Archibald - 3x All-NBA 1st team, '73 scoring and assists leader
    SG - Vince Carter - 8x All-Star, All-NBA 2nd team (2001), All-NBA 3rd team (2000)
    SF - "Dr. J" Julius Erving - 4x NBA/ABA MVP, 16x NBA/ABA All-Star
    PF - Chris Webber - All-NBA 1st team, 3x All-NBA 2nd team
    C - Shaq - 8x All-NBA 1st team, 3x Finals MVP
    Bench - Nate Thurmond - 2x All-Defensive 1st team, 3x All-Defensive 2nd team
    Bench - Mitch Richmond - 3x All-NBA 2nd team, 2x All-NBA 3rd team
    Bench - Draymond Green - current All-Defensive 1st team, NBA champ

Dogelover1234 Gameplan

We have compiled two guards who won the Defensive Player of the Year award (MJ and Payton) along with another energetic All NBA Defensive first team member (Havlicek) and an immovable "wall" inside (Unseld) to form a defensive nightmare. This will cause many missed field goals which will promptly turn into transition baskets with Wes Unseld's famously good outlet passes and a starting 1-4 who thrives in transition. In the half court offense, our bigs all set good screens to free up our wings and guards coming off curls so guards can catch and shoot, slash, pass, etc. Our bigs will also thrive in the pick and roll and pick and pop situations. This versatile offense is enhanced by having multiple players who all can beat their man one on one, especially Michael Jordan. In these situations where spacing is more vital, we have the capability of putting in one of the greatest shooting bigs in Rashard Lewis and Brandon Roy, who is a great shooter and scorer. If we want a better low post option without sacrificing defense we can put in Sikma, who has a feathery jumper as well. This rotation of big men will be helpful with dealing with one of the greatest NBA centers of all time in Shaq, because it keeps the defender fresh and gives us more fouls for when we decide to play hack-a-Shaq. If we get into a close game we have the best late game player ever in Michael Jordan who can put the team on his back and lead us to victory!

TLDR: We will play hard defense and get buckets however we want, plus Michael Jordan.

Mr. Z GAMEPLAN:
    Ball movement will be the main focus on offense. Each player is elite offensively in their own right, and with only one true point guard on the roster finding the best shot available will be the goal every time down the floor. This can can be done by feeding Shaq in the paint, he has the size and strength to keep the ball away from the opponents hands while he surveys his option to pass or score while my guards will have the opportunity to make cuts to the basket or step to the clorners as Shaq is ultimately double teamed.

My rotatations will be fluid as to preserve energy, and give my bench large minutes as they are my best defenders.

My team also has the ability to run other teams out of the building, so pace with also be key. Tiny will be throwing lobs to carter while thurmond and shaq block out anyone thinking about a rebound. Richmond will be running in circles looking for open threes. Webber will do everything with a blunt in his mouth. Draymond will fight people. Dr.J is just gonna lay in the cut, set screens and get fed off of pick n pops where hell hit a jay from midrange or take it to the hole. Basically, my freakish athleticism and size will overwhelm teams offensively and defensively.

In Game Adjustments - Mr.Z adjustment

My in game adjustment is to bring Draymond Green in for Cwebb and Mitch Richmond in for Dr.J but will slide to the 2 and put Vince at the 3. This puts more spacing on the floor and two better defenders to stop Jordan's onslaught.
    The added wingspan along the perimeter will help to stop ball penetration while adding more versatility on offense.
    It also gives Vince an easier time on offense by not having to deal with Jordan guarding him

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Last edited by Axel; Mon Aug 10, 2015, 01:24 PM.
Working...
X