Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tristan Thompson Good Enough to be the "4" we've been waiting for?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Primer wrote: View Post
    Scola is a career 15 TRB%, so he'll help at rebounding even if he regresses from his stellar numbers with Hibbert last year. I think you're right that his rebounding will go down when paired with JV because JV is one of the best rebounders in the NBA (and a better rebounder than TT).
    The issue is Scola + JV is a terrible pairing, both +rebounding and low post scorers that get minimal touches now shared and neither a great shot blockers. Scola + Bebe makes more sense with Bebe being poor at DReb but a shot blocker and no post game. Both +OReb but IMHO Casey won't play them together. Scola+JV will be DD+Gay both in each others way

    Comment


    • Only ONE GM has to believe you're a starter and you get starter's money.
      TT is a bench player (behind K. Love).
      Cle is not that stupid; they did try to accomodate Lebron, but it's just costing them too much.

      They should give him the QO and get this over with. He'll test the market next summer and see what happens.




      rightsideup wrote: View Post
      I do not understand how Tristan did not accept clevland offer. It was great money to play on a very good team

      Comment


      • raptors999 wrote: View Post
        The issue is Scola + JV is a terrible pairing, both +rebounding and low post scorers that get minimal touches now shared and neither a great shot blockers. Scola + Bebe makes more sense with Bebe being poor at DReb but a shot blocker and no post game. Both +OReb but IMHO Casey won't play them together. Scola+JV will be DD+Gay both in each others way

        Scola has a mid range and passing game too. So if you place him & Carroll on the court together.... it may cause passing to actually happen!
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

        Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

        Comment


        • Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Scola has a mid range and passing game too. So if you place him & Carroll on the court together.... it may cause passing to actually happen!
          2Pats spaces better and there are more shooters on the bench with CoJo and Ross and more usage to go around. With Demar, Scola won't have time to pass and would usually be better off shooting

          Comment


          • raptors999 wrote: View Post
            2Pats spaces better and there are more shooters on the bench with CoJo and Ross and more usage to go around. With Demar, Scola won't have time to pass and would usually be better off shooting
            Still, I don't want TT here.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

            Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

            Comment


            • Partfoop wrote: View Post

              Ultimately, Thompson would be a poor fit and a huge financial hit, so for those reasons, vs. TRb%, I'd pass on him. I wish he'd play for the national team, though. Seems like a nice kid.
              I think he would like to play. As I understand it the issue with him suiting up for the Olympic trial tourney later this month is that he has no contract in place that can be insured against injury.
              "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

              Comment


              • JWash wrote: View Post
                That's a whole lot of requirements.

                Harden, Klay, maybe Hayward?
                Even one of them would be good (not the players above, the requirements "create, shoot, pass, score efficiently".
                your pal,
                ebrian

                Comment


                • raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  It's not about numbers it about effectiveness. Love steals boards, making his number look better but doesn't actually help a lot. Grabbing a board that JV also could get isn't helpful. Also non-jumping non-rim protecting bigs grab boards by grabbing missed shot after giving up shots
                  Then we must have had bags of wet cement suited up as bigs last year as we gave up countless numbers of fresh 24's as they didn't seem to get to to many missed shots as the game wound down. People in my section began to wonder if I suffered tourette's syndrome. Scola isn't going to jump out of the gym but the hope is that he will continue to box out and be effective under our basket. I am not a stats junkie but someone showed that Scola's TRB% was better than Amirs last year.

                  Need Scola , JV and the Chancellor, Otto von Bismak to clean up under our basket this year to address the very real rebounding problems we had last year.
                  "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

                  Comment


                  • Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    So. In 2016, The economy is flush with cash. There are four dudes without cars. They walk out onto a dealership lot and see:

                    A Mazeratti. (LeBron)
                    A Lambourghini. (Kevin Durant)
                    A 2014 BMW. (Demar Derozan) and ...
                    A shiny new Honda Civic (Tristan Thompson)

                    ... Is that about it, Dan?
                    Im not Dan, but I'll give you an answer (likely):
                    All 4 cars are priced at 400K (or in this case max contract).

                    Comment


                    • Mapko wrote: View Post
                      Im not Dan, but I'll give you an answer (likely):
                      All 4 cars are priced at 400K (or in this case max contract).
                      Yeah, that was my point. And you can't buy another one next year (when the new models come out) - or for four years, if you get one now. But if you don't ... you have to walk around town (with a paper-bag over your head!) for a full year.

                      (I regret this ... it was a useless metaphor to begin with).
                      Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 04:24 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Mapko wrote: View Post
                        Im not Dan, but I'll give you an answer (likely):
                        All 4 cars are priced at 400K (or in this case max contract).
                        I think we need to use vacation spots instead. It would mean a better metaphor.

                        Tristan Thompson is asking for the equivalent of a trip to the Caribbean or Brazil... but instead the trip is actually Kelowna ....during the fall... not bad but not amazing at all.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X