Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tristan Thompson Good Enough to be the "4" we've been waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tristan Thompson Good Enough to be the "4" we've been waiting for?

So Tristan is turning down the Cavs long-term offer. I understand he gambled on his own abilities with a 1-year contract for last season as well.

He wants $90 Million dollars. Any chance he gets anything close (this year or next)? He's reputed to be one of the "good guys" and a hard-working Canadian. But is he good enough ... for us?
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 10, 2015, 09:08 PM.

Tristan for 90M.... shoot me now

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
      Tristan for 90M.... shoot me now
      Yeah ... seems like he's over-playing his hand to me, too. But any real guess as to what he gets (if his play-off performance is viewed as representative of his play)?

And is there any amount that would make him desirable here?

Comment

Tristan is going to sign the QO with the Cavs imo. If he does I wouldn't mind flipping Scola+JJ+(Filler) for him in December. See how he plays for the rest of the year then re-sign if he's worth the cost.

But no way am I touching him on a 90M deal. His skillset is easy to replace imo

Comment

Home town discount - 4 years, 66 mill.

Comment

Tristan is going to sign the QO with the Cavs imo. If he does I wouldn't mind flipping Scola+JJ+(Filler) for him in December. See how he plays for the rest of the year then re-sign if he's worth the cost.

Do we get his bird rights we we trade for him in that manner?

Comment

Very interesting idea for December. But if we're doing at all well mid-season, won't the Cavs be reluctant to ship him here? An "Invitation To a Be-heading", as the book-title went

But I asked this because I am confident others here could offer a realistic assessment (I cannot) as to how competitive a(n) (above average DD)+KL+JV+DC+TT starting 5 might be ... ?
              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 10, 2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

fuck no

Comment

this is a guy who is going to average close to 14pts 13 rebounds in his prime. Not only that he is the perfect garbage man to play next to JV
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    this is a guy who is going to average close to 14pts 13 rebounds in his prime. Not only that he is the perfect garbage man to play next to JV
                    So what might that be worth? ... and does grabbing him mean we're "stuck in the middle", as Masai might put it?

In a way it's tempting to think about ... even if only because B-ball is the only sport where two Canadians on your roster is very significant "Canadian content" ...
                    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 10, 2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I'll rent him 6.5 mil for a season.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

IMO, regardless of his dollar value, TT is not a good fit next to JV unless JV becomes a very good offensive player. As far as I'm concerned, you need a player that can dominate with his back to the basket and demand doubles, unless your GSW and have the best backcourt shooting in the league. And as much as I like Lowry and Demar, they just aren't dominant enough or good enough shooters to completely run the offence through. So, a really good low post guy is necessary for this team to get better, and that surely isn't TT. So unless it's JV, and we should know more fairly early on in the season I think, I don't go near TT. That being said, I'd be interested in the trade that JWash proposed. If he picks up his QO, at least you don't feel bad having him come off the bench if you're uncomfortable with him starting next to JV. At max level, I wouldn't go near TT under any circumstances.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                          fuck no
                          and add a Hell No

Comment

TT with Lebron? Yes.

TT without Lebron? No.

Comment

Pretty sure that players on a Qualifying offer cannot be traded. Same situation as Monroe last season
                              Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Working...
                              X