Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooch wrote: View Post
    the stats u wrote.

i love how you are extremely optimistic with demar and extremely pessimistic with jv
    lmfao if anything im optimistic with JV

i said i feel that he'll get a double double (13-15p/10r to be exact) which he never averaged before

with demar i said he'll get 20/5/4. last season including playoffs he pretty much averaged 20/5/4 lol
    *but i do feel demar will be more efficient this year (44FG%/33FG% from deep)
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Predictions:

The Raptors play unspectacularly for the first third of the season. JV Shows improvement, but DD and KL, though healthy, find themselves reverting to bad habits. DeMar is benched once and taken off the floor one more time, but stands firmly behind the coaches in the inevitable "scrum" cross-examinations. Cory Joseph and T-Ross find themselves the beneficiaries of increasing minutes (while DD and KL continue to start) and CoJo is very, very good. Delon Wright looks polished and very reliable. But there is no dissension in the locker room. There are no public complaints.

Jonas Valenciunas takes a "step". He is both quicker and stronger. He shows himself fully willing to take on other bigs "face-up". Results are uneven at first, but he persists. And has important successes. A monster push to the basket and dunk over Nene draws an extended standing "O" from the home crowd, mid-season. The Raps win by 23 ... and it is agreed Jonas has "arrived".

Demarre Carroll does nothing different. but everything with full commitment. The "2" is dropped from the "JYD2". Ppat fares well, and most often takes the starter's role by mid-season ... but Scola is a revelation of effort, charm and professionalism, while complimenting Ppat beautifully. They hold their own ...

Bismack is lock-down. So Bebe and Bruno remain with the 905's. They make very few appearances on the Raptor bench and hardly play at all.

In the second third, there are marked signs of improvement in the overall game, as useful adjustements are made by Greer and Kalamian. Speculation runs rampant before the trade deadline ... but the Raps have gone on a 12-2 "run", and no one is dealt.

The Raps have fully hit their "groove" when the playoffs come around. Demar and Kyle Lowry are more efficient and perfectly healthy. Demar is showing a decent "3" stroke. They are a very good ball-movement team. This works. They finish 3rd. They easily handle the Wizards in the first round, take the Bulls comfortably in 6 in the second ... and lose a closer-than-the-Cavaliers-would have liked conference final to the Cavs - who go on to win the title.

Scola and Ppat resign for very reasonable contracts ... after Dragon Bender falls to the Raps in the draft. DeMar and Jonas sign one-year contracts for $19 and $17m respectively ... and it's on to 2017.

Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Aug 11, 2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Raptors
        Lowry makes ASG as the sole representative of the Raptors
        Scola becomes a very big part of the team, avg ~30 mpg
        Derozan misses significant time with an injury
        Ross gets traded
        Casey coaches out the year....poorly as always
        Derozan re-signs, but in the off-season, for less than max but more than he deserves
        We win division and face Bulls in the first round......you can figure out the rest.

Rest of League
        Jason Kidd wins coach of the year
        Lebron wins MVP
        Okafor wins ROY
        Knicks battle for a playoff spot, end up finishing 11th in East
        Cavs win it all, beat Grizzlies in final. Mo Williams is the X factor.
        Lawson to Pacers

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          -casey insists on playing Carroll at the 4, despite it not working

that's all i got
          how is that prediction bold?

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            how is that prediction bold?
            Because the thought of Casey small-ball lineups is scary as fuck...

ceez, I commend you on your bravery for even talking about them

Comment

Why? If he puts Caroll against Z-Bo and Griffin then yeah it's scary as fuck. But if he puts Caroll at the 4 to guard Lebron or Melo when they go small then it's whatever.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Why? If he puts Caroll against Z-Bo and Griffin then yeah it's scary as fuck. But if he puts Caroll at the 4 to guard Lebron or Melo when they go small then it's whatever.
                Won't happen. Casey will go small when behind even if it means DC on Carroll and Ross on Lebron. Teams will only go small to send JV to the bench

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Won't happen. Casey will go small when behind even if it means DC on Carroll and Ross on Lebron. Teams will only go small to send JV to the bench
                  Meant DC on TT

Comment

- Lowry gets voted into the All Star game
                    - Team realizes they don't have the ball handlers to play iso and revert to a more fluid, ball movement type offence
                    - JV is still the third option, but numbers improve and MU receives a bunch of trade offers for him
                    - Defense gets better, offence gets worse and we end up shy of 50 wins again
                    - Reach the 2nd round of playoffs

- It will be cold as f**k in Feb. 14th, and will be the reason at least one dip shit free agent we go after quotes why he didn't want to play for Toronto
                    - Drake will do his best to be an attention whore on All Star weekend...likely a beef coming with another rapper visiting the City.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      Predictions:

The Raptors play unspectacularly for the first third of the season. JV Shows improvement, but DD and KL, though healthy, find themselves reverting to bad habits. DeMar is benched once and taken off the floor one more time, but stands firmly behind the coaches in the inevitable "scrum" cross-examinations. Cory Joseph and T-Ross find themselves the beneficiaries of increasing minutes (while DD and KL continue to start) and CoJo is very, very good. Delon Wright looks polished and very reliable. But there is no dissension in the locker room. There are no public complaints.

Jonas Valenciunas takes a "step". He is both quicker and stronger. He shows himself fully willing to take on other bigs "face-up". Results are uneven at first, but he persists. And has important successes. A monster push to the basket and dunk over Nene draws an extended standing "O" from the home crowd, mid-season. The Raps win by 23 ... and it is agreed Jonas has "arrived".

Demarre Carroll does nothing different. but everything with full commitment. The "2" is dropped from the "JYD2". Ppat fares well, and most often takes the starter's role by mid-season ... but Scola is a revelation of effort, charm and professionalism, while complimenting Ppat beautifully. They hold their own ...

Bismack is lock-down. So Bebe and Bruno remain with the 905's. They make very few appearances on the Raptor bench and hardly play at all.

In the second third, there are marked signs of improvement in the overall game, as useful adjustements are made by Greer and Kalamian. Speculation runs rampant before the trade deadline ... but the Raps have gone on a 12-2 "run", and no one is dealt.

The Raps have fully hit their "groove" when the playoffs come around. Demar and Kyle Lowry are more efficient and perfectly healthy. Demar is showing a decent "3" stroke. They are a very good ball-movement team. This works. They finish 3rd. They easily handle the Wizards in the first round, take the Bulls comfortably in 6 in the second ... and lose a closer-than-the-Cavaliers-would have liked conference final to the Cavs - who go on to win the title.

Scola and Ppat resign for very reasonable contracts ... after Dragon Bender falls to the Raps in the draft. DeMar and Jonas sign one-year contracts for $19 and $17m respectively ... and it's on to 2017.

That would be a very successful season lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Terrence ross has a redemption season and becomes a superstar
                        Derozan shows his true colors and gets traded for draft picks
                        Lowry has a REAL breakout season (and by that I mean a breakout season for the whole season)
                        Carol becomes a legitimate 3rd option behind ross and lowry
                        Jonas has a lackluster season once again prompting a trade in a package with derozan or without

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                          That would be a very successful season lol.

Yup. But correct me if I'm wrong - it's more or less just the kind of season Masai has in mind.

Comment

Raptors fans vote their starting lineup into the all-star game and the NBA subsequently decides to abandon fan voting. Regardless of how the team and players perform, with the Raps as hosts for All-star Weekend, it just wouldn't be right IMO if anything less than 2 Raps are voted in. This is the season for blind homerism. Let's make it happen. Let's show the NBA how stupid a popularity contest is for determining all-stars.

Comment

JV gets an extension of 4 years, $65M and everyone is blown away by that deal.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                Yup. But correct me if I'm wrong - it's more or less just the kind of season Masai has in mind.
                                Trust in Masai! He has a plan for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X