Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy League: Game #6 - Miek. v. B.Jonas (Winner: Bonus Jonas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien
    replied
    so one more person whose opinion i don't agree with, now i congratulate bonus

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Hmmm... Now that I look at the voting history off all contests to date, I have to say, congrats Bonus. Unless this contest gets record high voting it's pretty much your win now.

Sticking the active game threads has helped a little(to overall voting) I think. We should continue to do that with the active game threads.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    You guys are starting the fourth quarter down by three and that's your pep talk?

WWMT.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Eh... I haven't voted in any of these yet, but uh...

Maurice & Deron & Klay & Shane & Paul & Dirk & Yao & Hakeem & Jonas

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    Bonus Jonas' team is too good, I've got to admit. Very well thought-out. He's even got flair, which makes things all the more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    This is a close fight...

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Bonus by a country mile!

Dirk+Hakeem=So good.

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    I feel like Bonus Jonas has put a lot of time and effort into this, but then again he did have like 5 days to prepare, so it makes sense.

Same as the other guys, I feel like Miek's backcourt is wicked good, but BJ's front court is also better...

Alonzo mourning on dirk doesn't make sense to me since you're taking Zo out of the paint where he's most useful/dangerous. Maybe would've made more sense to play Noah on Dirk, and Zo on Hakeem, idk.

But yeah this is a tough matchup

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Clearly Bonus wins the battle of the big men but Snooch's wings and guard play is superior. A lot of what I would have said Bob covered off above in his great post. I don't know which way Bob is voting but it sounded like he was leaning more towards Bonus. It is close, like buzzer beater close, but I still like Miekenstien's team because of the back court. There are few teams in this tournament that can match up with that back court.

Whichever team ultimately wins will be the right team as both deserve to move forward. Good job to both of you.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    If I was Miek I think I would have Magic at PF and Finley or Hornacek at sg.

Thompson would not like having someone like Finley in his face on every shot, and Dirk would not be able to anything to slow Johnson and that would through Bonus' entire team into disarray.

There is no stopping the Dream, but disrupt the rest of the team and the dream gets negated.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Just waiting for the adjustments now. Good match up.

Edit: I see them now and placed them in the OP.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    My gosh, Bonus' whole team is blind... Interesting concept.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    who's cuisine will reign supreme

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    adjustments

So, his entire gameplan is to play into my defense by giving cheeks the ball while whoever guards him only plays for the drive. i have successfully taken every one of his players except dream and cheeks out of the offense.

meanwhile while he is focusing on mcAdoo from the bench shrempf and curry are just raining threes off of assists from magic.

i continue with my original gameplan because it is working.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Adjustments/TL;DR

Putting Noah on Hakeem is laughable, if Al Jefferson can average 22&10 on Noah on his career, Hakeem will eat him up.

Doubling with Steph means you're leaving Mo open, which as I mentioned already is not a good idea seeing as he
    Axel wrote: View Post
    is insanely efficient once he gets anywhere inside the 3 point line (shot over 53% from two point range 8/15 seasons, over 50% from two point range 13/15 seasons, and shot 58% from there his best year)
    Putting Alonzo on Dirk means I'm pulling your best shot blocker out of the paint, and all the way to the three point line, and Noah can't really leave Hakeem so when (not if) Mo Cheeks blows by Steph, you've got an insanely efficient shooter in the paint with a clear path to the basket and he just happens to also be an elite passer with multiple options in case you rotate.

Only used 3 sentences, how's that for TL;DR?

RIP Weakenstein (sorry Weakenstein, showboating is my tactic)

Last edited by Bonus Jonas; Tue Aug 11, 2015, 08:11 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X