Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Derrick Rose available? Should Raptors take a chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Derrick Rose available? Should Raptors take a chance?

Apparently there is significant locker room friction between Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose. Butler called out Rose and Noah yesterday in Vegas for not practicing 'the right way'. Yes Derrick Rose has big questions re long term health and ability to be available an entire season. That said , the Bulls might be amenable moving him. Should Raps pursue a trade? What would it take to make it happen ?

Fred Hoiberg may be dealing with locker room chemistry issues this season.

No. He's too young to have that injury track record.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would honestly rather Noah.

Comment

noah is in his prime...although i'd rather JV and Lowry over those too... Rose is amazing when he plays ...but he is so injury prone he may even need to end his career by age 30

Comment

If Lowry isn't the difference maker he was at the start of last season then yes I would be interested.

Rose is a bonafide super star. In Toronto, he wouldn't have to push himself to score the way he did in Chicago because of their lack of scorers, and hopefully that would add some years to his career. He'd give you what Lou gave us, but way more efficiently, better defense, a starter...okay Lou is a bad comparison, but you know where I'm going with this.

Doubt Chicago would deal the hometown kid, and doubt we have anything they may want. Lowry and picks wouldn't work due to salaries right? I'd be happy to throw in Bruno if that made a difference.

Comment

heck nah

Comment

Rose is a scoring PG who can't do it nearly as well as he did before because of his injuries. Lowry at this point is a far superior player. Want no part of him right now.

He's also missed 228 games over the past 4 seasons.

Comment

I wouldn't say "far" superior but superior, yes. Rose is a Marbury, Francis type of PG. People don't like DeRozan getting too many iso's and controlling the ball too much. How are they going to react to the Rose Show?

Also, 30%. That's the number of regular season games Rose played in the last four seasons. He's only 26, hows that body look in four seasons when the Raptors hopefully finally have the talent to legitimately contend?

Comment

If it was known he was fully healthy for rest of career, sure.

But that is a huge gamble.

Raps are moving along in right direction.

No sense experiencing JO2.0

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't say "far" superior but superior, yes. Rose is a Marbury, Francis type of PG. People don't like DeRozan getting too many iso's and controlling the ball too much. How are they going to react to the Rose Show?

Also, 30%. That's the number of regular season games Rose played in the last four seasons. He's only 26, hows that body look in four seasons when the Raptors hopefully finally have the talent to legitimately contend?
                    A healthy Rose is on another planet when it comes to talent than he who shalt not be spoken outside thread of thy name.

By that same token you could ask how people would feel about a prime Kobe or a healthy Durant.

Comment

I wouldn't put it beyond the Bulls to float the suggestion that Rose is available because of issues with Butler. Of course they do this while being super concerned about his knees/ankles etc. These Butler compatibility suggestions are not new...they started when Rose came back last year after Butler led the team while he was away and felt he didnt get the ball enough anymore. If Hoiberg is such a good coach he should be able to coax them thru their play preferences. I would stay away from Rose. However, either Butler or Noah are another matter!

Comment

Would trade Demar for Rose easily. The money is only different this year. Rose >>>>>> Demar on his new deal

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Would trade Demar for Rose easily. The money is only different this year. Rose >>>>>> Demar on his new deal
                          That is interesting.

If it fails, Rose is a FA in 2017 - so only 2 years.

Then what about Lowry? Ooooh! I know! Send him to Utah for Favors!

LOL - jokes.... sorta

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            If it was known he was fully healthy for rest of career, sure.

But that is a huge gamble.

Raps are moving along in right direction.

No sense experiencing JO2.0
                            How many guys can you think of that had that kind of history who've come back and led a healthy, long NBA career?

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            A healthy Rose is on another planet when it comes to talent than he who shalt not be spoken outside thread of thy name.

By that same token you could ask how people would feel about a prime Kobe or a healthy Durant.
                            I disagree. He may be more athletic than Marbury and more skilled than Francis but at this point in his career he's not better than either of those guys. There was a time when Marbury was considered one of the very best PG's in the league; the top young gun PG in the league. Marbury vs. Rose at age 26, Marbury wins. Forget what you know now about what happened later to Marbury. Marbury at that age had sky high potential and no injury flags. He was a better overall PG. I don't care about the Rose hype but I do care about the injury history. Sitting on the bench doesn't change franchises for the better.

By the way, Kobe over Durant all day. Kobe has five rings and two of those were without Shaq. Durant might be a guy who never wins one, we don't know.

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            I wouldn't. We're talking about a guy who's only played 30% of regular season games in the last four seasons and his heart(figuratively) has been questioned multiple times. At least DeRozan will be on the court trying to earn his keep.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              How many guys can you think of that had that kind of history who've come back and led a healthy, long NBA career?

I disagree. He may be more athletic than Marbury and more skilled than Francis but at this point in his career he's not better than either of those guys. There was a time when Marbury was considered one of the very best PG's in the league; the top young gun PG in the league. Marbury vs. Rose at age 26, Marbury wins. Forget what you know now about what happened later to Marbury. Marbury at that age had sky high potential and no injury flags. He was a better overall PG. I don't care about the Rose hype but I do care about the injury history. Sitting on the bench doesn't change franchises for the better.

By the way, Kobe over Durant all day. Kobe has five rings and two of those were without Shaq. Durant might be a guy who never wins one, we don't know.

I wouldn't. We're talking about a guy who's only played 30% of regular season games in the last four seasons and his heart(figuratively) has been questioned multiple times. At least DeRozan will be on the court trying to earn his keep.
                              My post was in reference to your comment about people not liking ISO with DD wait until Rose.

A heathy Rose is on another planet compared to DD.

You don't mind super elite talent going ISO.

I wouldn't bite on Rose anyways....not even for DeRozan.

Comment

Working...
                              X