Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with BS10, Markieff is the correct deal, can Masai squeeze more out of the Suns due to his reluctance , it could become a three or four player deal if PPat is offered in lieu of TRoss plus JJ, I am interested in T J Warren to come over or Miami's 2018 1st Round Pick.

Maybe an expanded deal Markief + Tj Warren for PPat + JJ. The benefits besides talent and prospect is the longer contracts at good value for PPat which is as good as Suns will get.

Comment

• Also considering that PPat shot 31% from 3, from January-on (and just had a really beginning to the season) I'm not sure we should really be counting his 3P Shooting as a "Strength". I'd much rather have a more a 'traditional' PF that could work off JV, and allow JV make his Help rotations without having to run all the way to the 3 point line to do so.

In March and April combined, Demar was even a better 3P threat than PPat was (39% vs 30%).

Hopefully this isn't misconstrued to say that I believe Demar to be a better 3P shooter than PPat .. I don't.. simply that PPat isn't all that much of a "Threat" and therefore don't believe his shooting ability should be that much of a factor.

We should also note that Patrick Patterson has only played 80+ games in a season ONCE in his whole career (last year), where Morris has done it for 3 seasons in a row.
      Last edited by Joey; Sun Aug 16, 2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Basketball is a team game, and there are players who wish to play in Toronto, this community must recognize this is an improvement over the days were McGrady and Carter.

Trade for Markieff. P Patterson is a good player under a two year contract. Receiving a starting PF at $8 Million a year for four years is huge. They are talking about players like TJones as a RFA to be signed for 4 years $10 Million.

DD and JV would be the only major players to be resigned next year. If Casey gets along with JJ this year, a 4 year $5 Million deal is not substantial.

Lowry , Derozan, Caroll, Morris and JV.

Maybe with good luck the Raptors get to draft in the Lottery next year and pickup a SG deluxe

Comment

• We need to get him, he would be one of the best pf in the east
          Love, bosh, gasol, milsap, MORRIS

And remember when we used to say we were building like the Pistons? Have you seen anything closer than:
          Billups/Lowry
          Hamilton/derozan
          Prince/carroll
          Wallace/Morris
          Wallace/ biyombo

Comment

• Morris is also a great defender but more importantly a solid team defender. Sun's defence efficiency was much better with him on the court than off the court. Per 100 possessions the offence scored more points on the Suns when he was off the court (112.9) against when he was on the court (103.8). I think MM would help balance our front court and take some of the defensive load off JV's shoulders, especially since MM is a very athletic and agile player. I think JV + MM would be a solid frontcourt since they're both very athletic players.

MM can also defend multiple possessions like Draymond Green since he's 6'10 250. We won't need to worry about switching mismatches with him since he can hold his own for the most part against bigger post players and he's quick enough to defend smaller faster players. I think MM would be an ideal candidate for going small and defending the variety of players that comes with going small.

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2015/03/...rkieff-morris/
            Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 16, 2015, 08:54 PM.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• MM wants to play for Raps or Rockets, not Spurs GSW or Hawks. Two teams that play alot of hero ball. He might want to pull a Lou chucking into a big contract

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                MM wants to play for Raps or Rockets, not Spurs GSW or Hawks. Two teams that play alot of hero ball. He might want to pull a Lou chucking into a big contract
                Well also 2 teams that need a starting PF, and are smart recommendations by his agent considering the opportunity that would be there on either team. Meanwhile Spurs, GSW and Hawks all would see Morris as a backup.

And he's 4 years away from said contract, so if he's going to start working positively toward that payday, that's only a good thing for anyone who gets him I'd say.

Comment

MM wants to play for Raps or Rockets, not Spurs GSW or Hawks. Two teams that play alot of hero ball. He might want to pull a Lou chucking into a big contract
                  I doubt it, he's on a cheap contract (8 mil/4 years) considering the increase in salary cap. 4 years is a long way to start chucking the ball.
                  Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 16, 2015, 03:26 PM.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Well also 2 teams that need a starting PF, while Spurs, GSW and Hawks do not.

And he's 4 years away from said contract, so that's cool I guess.
                    Rockets don't need a 4 unless they soured on DMo and TJones.

Comment

Rockets don't need a 4 unless they soured on DMo and TJones.
                      Morris has better size than Jones, and I'm not sure McHale is really sold on either as a starter (but I really like TJones). If we could somehow get TJones out of a PHX-HOU deal, that would actually be the preferred deal, but that's getting a bit crazy.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Morris has better size than Jones, and I'm not sure McHale is really sold on either as a starter (but I really like TJones). If we could somehow get TJones out of a PHX-HOU deal, that would actually be the preferred deal, but that's getting a bit crazy.
                        Seems like team shuffling really similar guys. 2Pats,MM and TJones. Add Tobias Harris and its just swapping quarters

Comment

• Except the price of Markieff is locked in for four years that is what is most beneficial from age 25- 29.

Comment

• You have him locked up for what will most likely be the best basketball of his career.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              You have him locked up for what will most likely be the best basketball of his career.
                              Two ways to understand this, and both could be true, haha.

Comment

• Raptors already have 3 players that have been in trouble with the law(Lowry, JJ and JV). Adding one more wont hurt. Talent trumps everything. Kieff is more talented than 2pat plain and simple.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X