Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, I think I actually prefer the DD thread to this.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Don't worry Ling, no one is worried about that.

Axel wrote: View Post
      God, I think I actually prefer the DD thread to this.
      No doubt this thread is an abomination of "Everything Bargnani" proportions.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
        Let's see if his "principles" will survive missing paychecks. Until THAT happens it's all posturing.
        He's risking quite a bit now. They could just bench him. They can trade him to a shitty team. He's obviously raised some further questions about his desirability as a player.

But he's stated he'll report. Honestly, I'm not sure why.

(But I'd report - and certainly and utterly humiliate myself, on any court you wanna designate - for that paycheck. I think most would. And there may be other reasons for reporting that I am not receiveing advice on. But I wouldn't need 'em )

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          What a lot of people feel, and not just here on RR, is that there is no principle for Morris to act upon and/or that no principle justifies his reaction and actions. ....

The bottom line is that Morris overreacted and let his emotions get the better of him.
          The first sentence I agre with, 100%

The second? Opinion stated as fact.

And for me this is how the Markieff thread has come to resemble the Demar thread. A lot of people want to give DeMar the benefit of the doubt on RR ... which seems no more than a fair view to take. Some others, on the Demar thread, were inclined to passionately insist there can be no doubt.

These views, as generally expressed, have trouble co-existing, I think.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
            The first sentence I agre with, 100%

The second? Opinion stated as fact.

And for me this is how the Markieff thread has come to resemble the Demar thread. A lot of people want to give DeMar the benefit of the doubt on RR ... which seems no more than a fair view to take. Some others, on the Demar thread, were inclined to passionately insist there can be no doubt.

These views, as generally expressed, have trouble co-existing, I think.
            Everything any of us write on here is just our opinion, unless we're referencing something else as a fact. I thought that went without saying. It's only factual in so much as yes, that is what I believe/think/feel.

I have a straightforward question for you: How would you classify the manner in which Morris has reacted/acted this offseason, given that you seem to disagree with adjectives such as "unprofessional", "immature" and "childish"?

Comment

Everything any of us write on here is just our opinion, unless we're referencing something else as a fact. I thought that went without saying. It's only factual in so much as yes, that is what I believe/think/feel.

I have a straightforward question for you: How would you classify the manner in which Morris has reacted/acted this offseason, given that you seem to disagree with adjectives such as "unprofessional", "immature" and "childish"?
              Fair enough. honestly - thanks for asking. Well ... (rolls up sleeves) ...

Bear with me, briefly, please. True story.

My girlfriend and I saw a guy roller-blading down the street - with a dog straining on a leash in front of him.

"How cruel!" she said. She assumed the guy was ... kinda' water-skiing with the dog as the boat.

"I don't think so", I said. "None of us can run as fast as dogs ... but I'd guess that dog is lovin' being "walked" by a guy who can 'blade around High Park!"

People often see the same thing differently. Depending on their assumptions.One man's meat is another man's poison. (Leave it alone, boys.)

The only assumption I'm prepared to make, in all this, is that if Markieff doesn't look like he might be (at least) a whole lot better than Patrick Patterson, in 2017, mind, then it's very unlikely we'll be stuck with him.

As for his personal behaviour ... yes, it's dicey. Yup. But that's as far as I can go with the powerful group of interlocutors I'm currently pitted against in this discussion.

He might be an asshole. fine. (As long s we're not stuck with him). But I think you could reasonably and severally articulate ... hmmm ... maybe a dozen good reasons why he'll give Toronto his very best, if he comes, in 2016.

He'll have a lot to prove. And he'll know that his performance will have a lot to say about where we end up ... aside from the fact that we're nearly a lock to see playoff action. Nice. Re-think that poll Marz put up (good one!) about "What/Who will have the biggest impact in 2016". DeMarre Carroll is the leader. DeMarre carroll is a "gamer". Morris has similar cred. But I think that the poll result might change if Markieff comes ... Nice ...

The skies will part and the sun will come out, for him, the day the trade is announced (if it is). He'll be away from his brother ("Thanks, Suns!"). He loved playing with Goran ... but now he's asked to play with Kyle (or Harden). He's in the "kiddie-pool" conference. And he'll be another year older ... like the rest of us. Honestly, I could go on.

But now (finally) for the narrow question: Was he a "Diva"?

Could be so. But the truth may be that anyone he asked who was in a position to know might have told him this:

"The way this roster and your contract are set up, Markieff, if you simply (and quietly) request a trade, you might be stuck in Phoenix for quite awhile ... or at least until you start squawking."

(His agent can never admit that he counseled so ... so we can't know. Anyway, Markieff might have reasoned so himself. But you should concede he may be right. Which might make a difference to your way of thinking. But as I've said, I don't actually care. I'd be pissed. And I'm inclined to be outspoken myself. Made me a pretty good litigator, by the way. A "professional" squawker )

But whether or not he acted like a "diva", I know this: we have a team full of guys who have a lot to prove this season ... and who come in with very high hopes. DeMar. DeMarre. Jonas. T-Ross. Cojo. Scola. Others.

But none more than Markieff. No way. And they all have to prove it on the court.

That I'd like to see.

Take a look at my tag-line, if you like: " ... Gather wood and warm things, Lebron - Winter is coming". In our conference, it's all about LeBron. And I'd like to see DeMarre and Markieff do a job on that man (much as I like LeBron) ... I really would.

And if it doesn't work out? Well, hell ... Bring on 2017.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Fair enough. honestly - thanks for asking. Well ... (rolls up sleeves) ...

Bear with me, briefly, please. True story.

My girlfriend and I saw a guy roller-blading down the street - with a dog straining on a leash in front of him.

"How cruel!" she said. She assumed the guy was ... kinda' water-skiing with the dog as the boat.

"I don't think so", I said. "None of us can run as fast as dogs ... but I'd guess that dog is lovin' being "walked" by a guy who can 'blade around High Park!"

People often see the same thing differently. Depending on their assumptions.One man's meat is another man's poison. (Leave it alone, boys.)

The only assumption I'm prepared to make, in all this, is that if Markieff doesn't look like he might be (at least) a whole lot better than Patrick Patterson, in 2017, mind, then it's very unlikely we'll be stuck with him.

As for his personal behaviour ... yes, it's dicey. Yup. But that's as far as I can go with the powerful group of interlocutors I'm currently pitted against in this discussion.

He might be an asshole. fine. (As long s we're not stuck with him). But I think you could reasonably and severally articulate ... hmmm ... maybe a dozen good reasons why he'll give Toronto his very best, if he comes, in 2016.

He'll have a lot to prove. And he'll know that his performance will have a lot to say about where we end up ... aside from the fact that we're nearly a lock to see playoff action. Nice. Re-think that poll Marz put up (good one!) about "What/Who will have the biggest impact in 2016". DeMarre Carroll is the leader. DeMarre carroll is a "gamer". Morris has similar cred. But I think that the poll result might change if Markieff comes ... Nice ...

The skies will part and the sun will come out, for him, the day the trade is announced (if it is). He'll be away from his brother ("Thanks, Suns!"). He loved playing with Goran ... but now he's asked to play with Kyle (or Harden). He's in the "kiddie-pool" conference. And he'll be another year older ... like the rest of us. Honestly, I could go on.

Could be so. But the truth may be that anyone he asked who was in a position to know might have told him this:

"The way this roster and your contract are set up, Markieff, if you simply (and quietly) request a trade, you might be stuck in Phoenix for quite awhile ... or at least until you start squawking."

(His agent can never admit that he counseled so ... so we can't know. Anyway, Markieff might have reasoned so himself. But you should concede he may be right. Which might make a difference to your way of thinking. But as I've said, I don't actually care. I'd be pissed. And I'm inclined to be outspoken myself. Made me a pretty good litigator, by the way. A "professional" squawker )

But whether or not he acted like a "diva", I know this: we have a team full of guys who have a lot to prove this season ... and who come in with very high hopes. DeMar. DeMarre. Jonas. T-Ross. Cojo. Scola. Others.

But none more than Markieff. No way. And they all have to prove it on the court.

That I'd like to see.

Take a look at my tag-line, if you like: " ... Gather wood and warm things, Lebron - Winter is coming". In our conference, it's all about LeBron. And I'd like to see DeMarre and Markieff do a job on that man (much as I like LeBron) ... I really would.

And if it doesn't work out? Well, hell ... Bring on 2017.
                What an unbelievable amount of non-response to a very straight forward question.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah.

And "Is the Mona Lisa the greatest painting by an Italian?" - also straightforward.

I gave it a real "shot". It took some time. Should I apologize if you don't like it? Man - tough crowd.

Comment

• OK. Markieff Morris a Raptor? Really??

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah.

And "Is the Mona Lisa the greatest painting by an Italian?" - also straightforward.

I gave it a real "shot". It took some time. Should I apologize if you don't like it? Man - tough crowd.
                    Honestly, you aren't even making sense. Hard to converse when someone can't answer a straight forward question.
                    Last edited by Axel; Fri Sep 11, 2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Pushing 1000 post and it looks like we're spinning our wheels. Lets now wait and see what happens. If there's news in the coming weeks let's then revisit.

Good job everyone.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah.

I read your entire post waiting for an answer... still waiting.

The closest you came was (and that wasn't actually the question):

Sounds like you're admitting he's been acting like a diva, but are trying to justify various reasons for it being acceptable, primarily by blaming the Suns' organization and GM.

It's the NBA. It's a business. He's a grown man. Grow up. If you have a problem, take it to management and/or ownership; don't air your dirty laundry in public.

Comment

Working...
                        X