Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy league - Match #10 - VOTE to see who advances to Semi-Finals!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Apollo has a good team and is pretty good at arguing. Going to be hard to beat

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Thanks everybody. Hope I get your support in the next round. Time to start thinking about semi-finals lineups. Wish I knew who'd I be playing.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    I voted Apollo cause his team deserves it for starters.

And secondary, I am hoping for an opportunity to meet Mr Bond once again.....

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    That's cool, I'm only messing with you.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    But you voted for the Mr. Bond. Thanks for the hindsight endorsement though.
    I messed up and didn't view the match-up carefully.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    After watching the 1984 All star game today, I didn't realize how good Isiah Thomas was as a guard. I knew he was good but not that good. He's such a reliable shooter and defensive player. High IQ player that's great at making plays and super quick as well. I apologize for underrating him .. lol

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    But you voted for the Mr. Bond. Thanks for the hindsight endorsement though.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    I gotta go with Apollo too.

My real issue with 007 this time around is the fact he's not using Isiah or Nique that much this time around. If he had kept one on the court, there would be a slight more disruption.

However, Apollo made the right move here by bringing in Marion. I think he angers DeBusch and gives Apollo a better edge on D.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    I think I'll vote for Apollo here, though I like both teams a lot, I like adjustments that they've made and gameplans that they prepared.

I just like this Apollo's lineup a bit more (Penny Hardaway, Kobe Bryant, Elgin Baylor, Shawn Marion, Patrick Ewing) than (Isiah, Moncrief, Debush, Cowens, Duncan). It looks a bit more talented to me, and I think it should work offensively and defensively well enough. I'd like even better shooting, especially from SF spot, but I think it's ok. With 2 guys capable of making 3s and everyone else capable of hitting a mid range jumper, I think it should work well enough, and it's just very talented, a lot of size.

Still, I love that 007 dynamic backcourt and Duncan.

I could be underrating Cowens a little I must admit. It's been a couple years since I've seen Cowens games, and I liked him, but he didn't look like a super force on either end to me. I should watch him again though with fresh eyes.

I don't love the idea of benching Isiah, though Moncrief did play point guard. Isiah is just too good a player. How many little guys were at comparable level in handcheck era? Tiny Archibald maybe for a couple years, Isiah, Iverson, that's all that I can think of, and Isiah was probably the best of those. Give Isiah current rules, I think he'd be even more of a beast. I think he's a top 5 point guard, easily, probably top 3, so benching him is too much of a loss. He might be too small to defend Penny with no help, but let Penny prove that he can defend Isiah at all with no handchecks.

Anyway, very very close, but I'll pick Apollo. Great job you both with teams, adjustments, gameplans!
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Aug 18, 2015, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Cowens is not fast enough to guard Baylor IMO,

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    I suspected as much based on other games. I can clip it if you guys want?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    No, keep it, IMO. I'd personally rather read shorter 10 sentences with some spacing between them than long 5 like many of us are doing.

My suggestion for the next draft would be to have a limit on the number of words or characters, rather than sentences.

I know in theory that would seem like more work on Axel, having to count words, but I think he wouldn't need to count them, I think we'd self-police ourselves well enough.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Aug 18, 2015, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I suspected as much based on other games. I can clip it if you guys want?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied

Lineup changes: Penny Hardaway, Kobe Bryant, Elgin Baylor, Shawn Marion, Patrick Ewing

Defense:Offense:
    Are we scrapping the sentence limit altogether?

Leave a comment:

replied
    AJUSTMENTS:

If Mutombo gets taken out for Baylor then I'm going to take Gilmore out and bring in Cowens: he's fast enough to guard Marion and he's able to bully him at the other end. Duncan at center will allow for space to be created inside as he is more mobile than Gilmore.

If Thomas is having great difficulty covering Hardaway than I'll bring in Wilkins for Thomas, and have Moncrief cover Harraway, DeBusschere cover Kobe or Baylor (whichever's hot) and have Wilkins cover the other. Moncrief, DeBusschere, Wilkins and Cowens are all good enough playmakers (each averaged between 4-5 assists in their prime) to handle Thomas not being on the floor. He will be brought back in if Parker is on the floor or if the offense stagnates.

On the other end, Baylor will have his hands full with Dominique, his amazing slashing and athleticism will allow him to score easily. Cowens will be able to bully Marion inside. Duncan will be able to pull Ewing outside the paint, and DeBusschere can stretch the floor, allowing drives from Moncrief and Wilkins.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    As much as I like Isiah Thomas, I don't think he'd be able to guard Penny Hardaway. That guy was lighting quick and too crafty when he scored on people. Even MJ had trouble guarding him. Also Penny's too tall for Thomas to guard him. I think Apollo has the advantage here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X