Rookie Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    We'll see how much a healthy ankle helps Ross. Hopefully quite a bit.

It's also worth remembering that even with an (apparently) bum ankle, he was still the Raps #1 perimeter defender last season (not saying much, I know) and given the toughest wing match-up most nights. Moving him to the bench is a pretty big deal. How many teams have more talent at the back-up 2/3?

Ross is going to be a very competent 3&D bench guy and rookies like Powell are nowhere near ready to leapfrog him in the rotation.
    I hope you're right and I've been thinking that playing bench level players and getting to play his actual position might help him a lot. But I'm really not holding my breath. The whole ankle surgery I think is gonna hurt him in the sense that because of it he hasn't got to work on his game as much as he needs to. He probably needs to be putting in the most work out of everyone on this team. Supposedly he just recently has been able to do on court basketball activities. It's kinda late to be just starting that now. So I doubt we see any improvement in him this upcoming season. But hey we'll see.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
    X