Rookie Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Survey

Annual rookie survey on nba.com here: http://www.nba.com/news/features/joh...=iref:nbahpt3a

Delon cracks the top 5 on best defender and playmaker.

The real question though, is which rookie voted for Rudy Gay as their favorite player?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

yeah I saw this. This is good cause he is seen as very good with his peers. I see Delon cracking the rotation for sure.

Comment

I thought Powell would be in the top 5 of biggest steals but oh well
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

if Ross doesn't bring it I don't see how Powell doesn't eat his minutes like immeadiaely
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          if Ross doesn't bring it I don't see how Powell doesn't eat his minutes like immeadiaely
          I have a couple reasons

1. Shooting
          2. Casey
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I have a couple reasons

1. Shooting
            2. Casey
            yeah shooting was one thing powell is a beast but he doesn't space the floor well.

Comment

Would hate to see Powell get no minutes after such a strong summer league. He was arguably one of the best players competing against 1st rounders/vets who are definitely gonna be getting minutes this season. But we are guard heavy, so won't be surprised if he's mainly playing in Sauga all season

Comment

You would think... But mack is right
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I could see Powell being this years KJ McDaniels. Which is great.

I am just as fired up as the next guy about Powells performance in summer league but all the caveats apply.

The scoring won't translate, there's way better defenses and systems that he'll have to learn to navigate. The two things that will translate is his tenacious defense and energy. He probably won't be a shut down defender in his first year or two but he will be an absolute pain in the ass to play against.

The raptors always talk about making the ACC a pain in the ass to play at, I think now, with the new direction they are on their way to doing that. Delon and Powell fit that mold and will have some legit scorers to battle with and hone their skills in DD and Lowry.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

His shot looks fine, although , Not as wet as Ross's.
                    but I think he can get close to 35%, Ross can take a hike.

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    yeah shooting was one thing powell is a beast but he doesn't space the floor well.

Comment

I agree...Ross is at a pretty big point.... its time to go, or be gone.

Comment

We'll see how much a healthy ankle helps Ross. Hopefully quite a bit.

It's also worth remembering that even with an (apparently) bum ankle, he was still the Raps #1 perimeter defender last season (not saying much, I know) and given the toughest wing match-up most nights. Moving him to the bench is a pretty big deal. How many teams have more talent at the back-up 2/3?

Ross is going to be a very competent 3&D bench guy and rookies like Powell are nowhere near ready to leapfrog him in the rotation.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

hope so. I like ross.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            We'll see how much a healthy ankle helps Ross. Hopefully quite a bit.

It's also worth remembering that even with an (apparently) bum ankle, he was still the Raps #1 perimeter defender last season (not saying much, I know) and given the toughest wing match-up most nights. Moving him to the bench is a pretty big deal. How many teams have more talent at the back-up 2/3?

Ross is going to be a very competent 3&D bench guy and rookies like Powell are nowhere near ready to leapfrog him in the rotation.
                            wow... jerome just lost his mind

Comment

Powells grit and intensity makes me think he's going to steal Ross's role in the rotation. Powell's gonna go ham on the competition.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                              X