Lineups - Casey's and what you want to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lineups - Casey's and what you want to see

Well guys, this is one question people seem to be avoiding. In all honesty, I think Casey has a few options here, some looking great, others not so much.

Line-up #1 (The Obvious): Lowry, DeRozan, Carroll, Patterson, Valanciunas.

Otherwise known as the brand-new "People's Line-up". This seems to be the line-up most think Casey will use, and I agree here. It's easily our best choice.

Line-up #2 (The PF Switch): Lowry, DeRozan, Carroll, Scola, Valanciunas.

Now, I like this line-up slightly more for a few areas, notably D. But our spacing isn't there with this.... but you know hoe Casey loves his vets, right guys?

Line-up #3 (The God Please NO LU): Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Carroll, Valanciunas.

Yeah, THIS could happen. Casey likes the idea of DC at the 4, and well, he enjoys using Ross...... (I would've rather played Fields all last year). Caroll just isn't a good 4 on offense, and sad to say, but you need his offense as much as his D, Casey.

Those were the 3 that made sense to me... any others you guys can think we may see?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Lowry,dd,carrol,scola,val

Comment

I think we see Line-up 1 to start the game, and a version of line-up 3 to close the game.

To close if ahead I would imagine we have Lowry, Ross, DC, JJ (maybe scola), BB.

If behind Lowry, DD, Ross, DC, Scola/PP. MAYYYYYYYYBE JV if he really improves his defense in Casey's eyes.

Comment

I think Casey saying pretty quickly that Scola would start is at least part psychology. It lets Patterson know that he isn't simply the heir apparent. Certainly he can try to earn the job with Amir gone ... but he might have done that while Amir was here, seems to me. He sorta' did, I guess. But only kinda'-sorta.

As such, I think proclaiming that the job is "his to lose" was a tactical error. Maybe you like the aggression/ambition. But, to me, it confirms what I suspect they were already thinking - that Patterson might need a "reality check".

But I don't feel I can speak to the basketball merits as well others might. It's sure a good discussion (As I think the Markieff likelihood is something less than 50-50). A good, simple wagering proposition, too!

I'm with Scola. I like the guy already and I think he starts 'cause he's smarter and a more reliable crunch-minutes player. And he has been a starter, I believe.
        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I think they start with PP at the 4 and switch to Scola at some point.

I'm excited to see if Bruno gets some time at the 4 this season.
          Lowry
          DeMar
          Carroll
          Bruno
          JV
          Lights out!!

Comment

Going to be Line Up #1

Patterson starting PF.

Last season Amir was lowest usage starter at 15.7.

Scola hasn't has a usage below 22.7 since his 3rd year in league. He won't fit with starters. 20-22 mins off bench.

Comment

I think we could see a Lowry, derozan, Carroll, Patterson, biyombo lineup to start games. Give biz the first 5 minutes to go balls out so that they can come out strong defensively and set the tone/ get demar or Kyle going. Then bring jv in and start running some plays through him with the opposing center being a little more worn down and somebody hopefully having the hot hand already.

Comment

Option #1.

The starting lineup needs Patterson's 3pt shooting, while the bench already has Ross to provide it.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Option #1.

The starting lineup needs Patterson's 3pt shooting, while the bench already has Ross to provide it.
                  What about all the fuss about getting Carroll more usage?

Comment

Jv
                    pp
                    dc
                    dd
                    kl
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

im also curious about situational line ups?

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                        You need 3pt shooting from more than 2 players otherwise your spacing suffers limiting driving lanes and post up game.

Ideally you'd get it from PG, SG, SF but when you have a SG who can't hit them you need to get it from a big as well

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          You need 3pt shooting from more than 2 players otherwise your spacing suffers limiting driving lanes and post up game.

Ideally you'd get it from PG, SG, SF but when you have a SG who can't hit them you need to get it from a big as well
                          I don't really think there's an ideal set of positions that you want shooting to come from. I mean you could also argue that PG, (SG or SF), (PF or C) is great too because it pulls one of the other team's bigs out of the paint which opens up more driving lanes or space down low for your low post bigman.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            He'll absolutely help, but he's really the only consistent 3pt threat without Patterson or Ross in the starting lineup. Lowry is a decent 3pt shooter, but that's not his primary role, as he's at his best creating off the dribble penetration. Valanciunas, DeRozan and Scola (if not Patterson) aren't outside threats at all, so I worry having just the single outside threat would allow defenses to collapse, shutting the paint off for Lowry/DeRozan penetration and Valanciunas/Scola post-ups.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              He'll absolutely help, but he's really the only consistent 3pt threat without Patterson or Ross in the starting lineup. Lowry is a decent 3pt shooter, but that's not his primary role, as he's at his best creating off the dribble penetration. Valanciunas, DeRozan and Scola (if not Patterson) aren't outside threats at all, so I worry having just the single outside threat would allow defenses to collapse, shutting the paint off for Lowry/DeRozan penetration and Valanciunas/Scola post-ups.
                              offensively Carroll isnt alot different from 2Pats. he cant dribble and the Raptors never cut. his usage wont be much different than 2Pats when he plays with the starters

Comment

Working...
                              X