Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhatRhymesWithCash
    replied
    I have a feeling that a KL, DD, DC, JJ, JV lineup could be used at some point. That would be a great defensive lineup and not that bad on offense if DD has truly improved his 3 and JJ has really worked on banging down low at the 4

Leave a comment:

• allintheeyes
    replied
    select * from raptors order by height asc limit 5;

Leave a comment:

• distorsun
    replied
    CASEY doesn'T do situational lineups.
    You got STARTERs and then BENCh line ps.

That is all !

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    im also curious about situational line ups?

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    You know what?

Mods, can someone change this to "Line-Ups We May See?"

I just got one I wanna see: Joseph, DeRo, Ross, Carroll, Biyombo.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Lineup 2 for now.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Who do you think Casey uses as his Starting 5?

Since the question is who would Casey start (not who I would start) I'm going with lineup 2.

Lowry
    DD
    Carroll
    Scola
    JV

Leave a comment:

• DDelight
    replied
    Definitely lineup #1 with Casey finishing the game with:

Lowry
    DD
    Ross
    Carroll
    Patterson

This would probably result in Casey complaining about getting out-rebounded in the post game.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Lowry
    Derozan
    Carroll
    Biyombo
    Jonas

Why? Carroll's 3PT & an increased offensive load for Jonas allow the PF position to serve as a defensive lynchpin ... PP and Scola could develop a nice chemistry as a bench big unit.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    offensively Carroll isnt alot different from 2Pats. he cant dribble and the Raptors never cut. his usage wont be much different than 2Pats when he plays with the starters
    Whether it's Ross, Patterson or Carroll, I think having just 1 dedicated 3pt threat in the starting lineup is insufficient, given the offensive reliance on dribble-penetration (Lowry & DeRozan) and post-ups (Valanciunas & Scola, if he were to start).

Last season Amir was often parked on the 3pt line, as a second long-range shooter, because there was at least the threat of him unleashing his 'summer 3' (I don't think teams ever really viewed him as a threat, but DC kept pounding the rock). With 2 ball-dominant guys and one emerging post-up threat, I think a couple off-ball 3pt threats would be the best compliment to round out the starting lineup. Hence my preference for Carroll and Patterson.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Its not about who starts but who ends.

End of game lineup will be

Lowry
    Cujo
    Demar
    Carroll
    Scola.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    He'll absolutely help, but he's really the only consistent 3pt threat without Patterson or Ross in the starting lineup. Lowry is a decent 3pt shooter, but that's not his primary role, as he's at his best creating off the dribble penetration. Valanciunas, DeRozan and Scola (if not Patterson) aren't outside threats at all, so I worry having just the single outside threat would allow defenses to collapse, shutting the paint off for Lowry/DeRozan penetration and Valanciunas/Scola post-ups.
    offensively Carroll isnt alot different from 2Pats. he cant dribble and the Raptors never cut. his usage wont be much different than 2Pats when he plays with the starters

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    What about all the fuss about getting Carroll more usage?
    He'll absolutely help, but he's really the only consistent 3pt threat without Patterson or Ross in the starting lineup. Lowry is a decent 3pt shooter, but that's not his primary role, as he's at his best creating off the dribble penetration. Valanciunas, DeRozan and Scola (if not Patterson) aren't outside threats at all, so I worry having just the single outside threat would allow defenses to collapse, shutting the paint off for Lowry/DeRozan penetration and Valanciunas/Scola post-ups.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    You need 3pt shooting from more than 2 players otherwise your spacing suffers limiting driving lanes and post up game.

Ideally you'd get it from PG, SG, SF but when you have a SG who can't hit them you need to get it from a big as well
    I don't really think there's an ideal set of positions that you want shooting to come from. I mean you could also argue that PG, (SG or SF), (PF or C) is great too because it pulls one of the other team's bigs out of the paint which opens up more driving lanes or space down low for your low post bigman.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    What about all the fuss about getting Carroll more usage?
    You need 3pt shooting from more than 2 players otherwise your spacing suffers limiting driving lanes and post up game.

Ideally you'd get it from PG, SG, SF but when you have a SG who can't hit them you need to get it from a big as well

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    im also curious about situational line ups?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X