Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016, Lebron vs. KD: The Battle for T-Dot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    We are not getting KD in 2016. DeMar will re-sign, as will Ross.

    It's in 2017 that we are going to be players in free agency. After 4 seasons at around 50 wins and more, here is the top 5 free agents in 2 summers:

    Stephen Curry
    Russell Westbrook
    Blake Griffin
    Derrick Rose
    Serge Ibaka

    If we get one of those, we are a championship caliber team the year after. Off course there will be trades or guys not returning, but that's part of the business. I'm telling you, whatever happens, we are getting a top FA in 2017, which means one of those guys, probably.

    Comment


    • #32
      If you want to hunt guys in 2017, better get Ross and DD signed for a combined 24M or less. Or we are going to have to pull some stunts to get max cap room.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • #33
        DanH wrote: View Post
        If you want to hunt guys in 2017, better get Ross and DD signed for a combined 24M or less. Or we are going to have to pull some stunts to get max cap room.
        Well, I don't think you sacrifice the potential of this team for the possibility of getting a max FA.

        The Spurs traded Splitter and did not retain Joseph to sign Aldridge this summer and this is the kind of things we will need to do in 2017, whether it's not re-signing Lowry/PPat or trading guys like Ross or DeMar.

        Comment


        • #34
          charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Well, I don't think you sacrifice the potential of this team for the possibility of getting a max FA.

          The Spurs traded Splitter and did not retain Joseph to sign Aldridge this summer and this is the kind of things we will need to do in 2017, whether it's not re-signing Lowry/PPat or trading guys like Ross or DeMar.
          you are wrong.

          This team has no real potential right now outside of MAYBE hitting second round if all things click for 7 games.

          You dont sit on losing hands mate, you make moves to win.

          If this team AGAIN performs like last season, wins about the same, individual players perform the same, then changes MUST be made.

          Comment


          • #35
            charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Well, I don't think you sacrifice the potential of this team for the possibility of getting a max FA.

            The Spurs traded Splitter and did not retain Joseph to sign Aldridge this summer and this is the kind of things we will need to do in 2017, whether it's not re-signing Lowry/PPat or trading guys like Ross or DeMar.
            What potential? A DeMar/Lowry-led team has a near-nil chance of making it to the ECF ahead of the Cavs, Hawks, or Wizards.

            Comment


            • #36
              As said earlier, it's a long process. We are only at the beginning of it.

              You say that this team is led by DeMar and Lowry. I say this team is led by DeMar, Lowry, Carroll and JV. We will not win it all this year, neither next.

              We have to go step by step.

              As to quote Snooch saying that if the players play the same and we have same win total as last season changes gotta be made, well, I agree with this.

              But this won't happen. JV will contribute a lot more, as for Carroll who will have to play at the level of his contract. If not, then yeah, changes gotta be made.

              Comment


              • #37
                DanH wrote: View Post
                If you want to hunt guys in 2017, better get Ross and DD signed for a combined 24M or less. Or we are going to have to pull some stunts to get max cap room.
                Almost every team has to "pull some stunts" to get their guy. Its always possible in the offseason, you just move some tables and chairs around
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment

                Working...
                X