2016, Lebron vs. KD: The Battle for T-Dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016, Lebron vs. KD: The Battle for T-Dot

So a lot happening right now in Toronto. Seems the guys over at the Dome finally got it together, Caribana brought the usual suspects in from the NBA and a few of them exhibited some seriously suspicious behavior, and the Raptors have made fantastic moves for now, and for 2016.

See if you like how I see this.

The Raptors got a pass for the loss to Washington from most of the NBA...injuries and a bit of a loss of chemistry due to maybe a few moves on the GM's part that didn't quite go as planned. Not the end of the world, and I think everyone agree'd. But something else happened. Toronto, with Drake, a winning record, and you got it, the FANS, earned some serious respect and cred in NBA circles.

So what do we know.... well, I'm pretty certain Lebron can leave next year, and so can KD. These fellows both seem to have gotten very chummy with Toronto in general this summer, with the key players from the team, and with the city itself. The Allstar game is coming, and nobody would argue that a winning home team, with a player or two on the roster is going to blow up in popularity. As far as brand management goes, anyone in marketing will tell you, its about getting on the wave....and the wave over the next few years is gonna be driven by a good ole fashioned Canadian Nor' Wester. What do the two top FA's have rattling around in their heads.

Here's what I think. I think, it becomes a battle, IF Masai and the Raps key leaders on the floor play it right.... Toronto becomes media darlings, starts earning the calls from NBA head office, becomes a good place for a star to be... and Kevin Durant, who has had the inside lane to Raptorland ever since declaring his teenaged love for them is gonna start worrying that his clear path to the Dino's isn't so clear anymore, because King James, well, he's an attention whore, and he is a smart one at that.

A number of years back I said the smartest thing for Kobe Bryant would have been to go North, he had all the clout, didnt need a specific market because he was global anyway, and taking the Raps to a finals would be astronomic for ANY player looking to build legacy. Kobe is tied to California, he didn't do it. Lebron is from Cleveland. He knows the great lakes, he knows Toronto, and he knows a good opportunity when he see's it. lebron has the world in his pocket, he doesn't need a fancy market, because he IS the market. Taking a team in Canada, the most chic and and popular "now" franchise and hot spot to the finals would be nothing less than incredible. Lebron's ego knows no boundaries, this would interest him. Durant, well he hates being second fiddle, no fucking way he lets Lebron steal his thunder.....no pun intended.

So thats what i can see happening. A war. Two superstars battling for one spot. Once team, in Toronto, on the verge of greatness. And a fan base that is already rabid..... moving to a level nobody has seen in the NBA.

It could happen.
    It might happen.

and Imma be OVO the moon when it does!!!!

I had to do a double take to see if Superjudge actually started this thread.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here please.

The Durant chilling in Toronto thing reminds me a lot of LeBron chilling in New York prior to his free agency and spending a lot of time with Nets minority owner, Jay-Z. Let's just settle down.

Comment

Val and Bron and KD, OH MY!!!

Book it.

It's no longer Caribana though, you have to use the real name - Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival. It rolls off the tongue much easier than Caribana ever did...

Comment

not holding my breathe, LeBron is going nowhere, only in Clevland can he be star, coach & gm. He's a Cav for life now. Kobe just played two year too many but he was never gonna leave the Lakers as well. But yea I'm with you that we may have a Hail Mary pass to the end-zone from the 20 yards line type chance at KD. Rooting for some chemistry issues between him & Westbrook, coaching clashes with Billy Donovan, another missed playoffs and just overall shitty things to happen over there, cause I do believe IF he leave OKC, Toronto would get real consideration.

Comment

hahahaha really?
            Thats sad.

Apologies to all my Caribean brothers and sisters..... thats a fucking travesty.

And Jwalsh..... I will do the telling of "simmer down" around here. So you just sit nicely and mind your manners sir.

Comment

Love this post.

Comment

After enjoying the All-star game in Toronto, KD will tell OKC that he's not coming back.. in a panic move Presti will trade him to Toronto for DD, Ross, Bebe and LAC's first (he's dealing with Masai so he's not getting the NY/Toronto pick).

The KD led Raptors beat the Lebron led Cavs in 5 games in the ECF losing to the Warriors in the NBA finals in 6 games.

Lebron feels like he can't win in Cleveland anymore and decides to join KD and the Raptors by taking a pay cut so that he can win a few more championships.

Kobe feeling jealous of KD and James' success decides to tag along and join the fun.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  After enjoying the All-star game in Toronto, KD will tell OKC that he's not coming back.. in a panic move Presti will trade him to Toronto for DD, Ross, Bebe and LAC's first (he's dealing with Masai so he's not getting the NY/Toronto pick).

The KD led Raptors beat the Lebron led Cavs in 5 games in the ECF losing to the Warriors in the NBA finals in 6 games.

Lebron feels like he can't win in Cleveland anymore and decides to join KD and the Raptors by taking a pay cut so that he can win a few more championships.

Kobe feeling jealous of KD and James' success decides to tag along and join the fun.
                  And then we wake up

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                    And then we wake up
                    No.. that's when the pot runs out.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                      And then we wake up
                      Don't ever wake me up if I'm in the middle of that. Like never. Let me sleep until I'm dead.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I thought it was a "nor easter"

City folk.....

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                          I thought it was a "nor easter"

City folk.....
                          Well, it depends where you live and where the prevailing winds or seasonal storms typically come from. There are both nor'easters and nor'westers and probably a bunch of other ones too. Where I live it doesn't matter which direction the wind is coming from, all the winter weather sucks.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

We have a better chance at KD to be honest.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              hahahaha really?
                              Thats sad.

Apologies to all my Caribean brothers and sisters..... thats a fucking travesty.

And Jwalsh..... I will do the telling of "simmer down" around here. So you just sit nicely and mind your manners sir.

Yes the "ScotiaBank blah blah Caribbean ..." sucks. But Caribana struggled for many years to attract a major sponsor (despite attracting a million tourists and big $). So it's still a step forward.

Me, I just refuse to use the corporate names. It's "The Skydome" to me. I'll never utter anything like "the Keebler Creamy Cookie Dome". They can't make me.

Comment

Working...
                              X