No announcement yet.

2016, Lebron vs. KD: The Battle for T-Dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlikely but I enjoyed the pipe dream you're selling.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

LeBron is never leaving Cleveland unless it's the Cavs decision. He's already left before for personal interests, accomplished his goals, faced the wrath and now mended the bridges. Cleveland is his home.

You got to understand something, LeBron James is the face of the league. He's getting the spotlight no matter where he plays and there is nothing Toronto can do to get him here. LeBron doesn't care about Toronto and winning in Toronto versus elsewhere only helps Toronto, not LeBron.

Let me put is this way.

Michael Jordan titles in Toronto: zero
      Magic Johnson titles in Toronto: zero
      LeBron James titles in Toronto: one

Who's the greatest? LeBron James because he won in Toronto? Hell no. Winning in Toronto vs. elsewhere will never be a barometer for anything. I don't see pundits weighting the worth of titles based on the region they were won.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        So a lot happening right now in Toronto. .... King James, well, he's an attention whore, and he is a smart one at that. .... Taking a team in Canada .... to the finals would be nothing less than incredible. So .... [LeBron and Durant] Two superstars battling for one spot. And a fan base that is already rabid..... moving to a level nobody has seen in the NBA.

It might happen. and Imma be OVO the moon when it does!!!!
        I'm not so enamoured with bringing in a "star" who shines so brightly that they eclipse the efforts of years of growth by a management team and more "home-grown" core players.

Durant coming here has been brewing for some time. And he'd only come here - amidst fanfare, to be sure - but to win a ring with our team. So it's still Toronto's victory. DD and KL and JV's victory (say). And we, the fan base, can shower the new guy with praise ... but remember which guys built the foundation, got us out of the basement, and started scaling the heights.

I would rather risk a finals loss than become an addendum - an asterisk - to a LeBron or a Kobe's travelling circus, viz:

"*LeBron James won his 5th of his 8 Championships in Toronto Canada"

I would rather have a team - even at the risk of falling (a bit short) of the ultimate goal, than an asterisk.
        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Aug 21, 2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I never said LBJ would win

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            LeBron is never leaving Cleveland unless it's the Cavs decision. He's already left before for personal interests, accomplished his goals, faced the wrath and now mended the bridges. Cleveland is his home.

You got to understand something, LeBron James is the face of the league. He's getting the spotlight no matter where he plays and there is nothing Toronto can do to get him here. LeBron doesn't care about Toronto and winning in Toronto versus elsewhere only helps Toronto, not LeBron.

Let me put is this way.

Michael Jordan titles in Toronto: zero
            Magic Johnson titles in Toronto: zero
            LeBron James titles in Toronto: one

Who's the greatest? LeBron James because he won in Toronto? Hell no. Winning in Toronto vs. elsewhere will never be a barometer for anything. I don't see pundits weighting the worth of titles based on the region they were won.
            In all fairness the raps weren't around when Magic was playing but I do agree with your point. Winning in Toronto if Lebron were to join the team would mean nothing to him. Plus he still has to win one for Cleveland. His focus is already occupied. Toronto is not on his radar.
            Last edited by BS10; Fri Aug 21, 2015, 01:59 PM.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
              In all fairness the raps weren't around when Magic was playing
              It goes to my point. Winning in Toronto isn't a special indicator of anything. No one cares outside of Toronto truly.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                It goes to my point. Winning in Toronto isn't a special indicator of anything. No one cares outside of Toronto truly.
                unless, Lebron can with a championship in Toronto with Drake as his point guard. He would definitely be remembered by the world forever for that.

Comment

like LBJ isn't leaving cleveland lets be honest. The only reason he signs short contracts is so he can put pressure on management to make changes. That being said he isn't going anywhere he will retire in cleveland. He is from cleveland he has heavily invested in cleveland over the years. KD doesn't have the same routes to OKC thats why he has a chance to leave. That being said we are going to contend with washington. I think we are a better city than washington and if we do better than them and our pick is in the top 7 then he could definitely consider us.

Comment

Those are some Superdrugs you've been taking today Craig
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      No.. that's when the pot runs out.
                      That's what I was thinking...wow talk about fantasyland. Would love to see it but it's not happening.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        ...So thats what i can see happening. A war. Two superstars battling for one spot. Once team, in Toronto, on the verge of greatness...
                        After I read this line, all I could think of was

"CAGE MATCH!"

Comment

I would rather have a Lebron-like homecoming for Andrew Wiggins. Lebron's not leaving Cleveland, unless maybe he loses again lol. KD now has health issues.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                            I would rather have a Lebron-like homecoming for Andrew Wiggins. Lebron's not leaving Cleveland, unless maybe he loses again lol. KD now has health issues.

Good point.

This year will allow to see what happens with that.

He had reinforcement put in on 2nd surgery. He should be good to go. Luckily he isn't a large frame.

And while this injury can be devastating it is the same one Michael Jordan had in his 2nd year (or was it 3rd?).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              After enjoying the All-star game in Toronto, KD will tell OKC that he's not coming back.. in a panic move Presti will trade him to Toronto for DD, Ross, Bebe and LAC's first (he's dealing with Masai so he's not getting the NY/Toronto pick).

The KD led Raptors beat the Lebron led Cavs in 5 games in the ECF losing to the Warriors in the NBA finals in 6 games.

Lebron feels like he can't win in Cleveland anymore and decides to join KD and the Raptors by taking a pay cut so that he can win a few more championships.

Kobe feeling jealous of KD and James' success decides to tag along and join the fun.
                              As crazy as it sounds, the way you put it (it kind of "flows") it actually makes a lot of sense.
                              Well, maybe not, but i still like it.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                                not holding my breathe, LeBron is going nowhere, only in Clevland can he be star, coach & gm. He's a Cav for life now. Kobe just played two year too many but he was never gonna leave the Lakers as well. But yea I'm with you that we may have a Hail Mary pass to the end-zone from the 20 yards line type chance at KD. Rooting for some chemistry issues between him & Westbrook, coaching clashes with Billy Donovan, another missed playoffs and just overall shitty things to happen over there, cause I do believe IF he leave OKC, Toronto would get real consideration.
                                Honestly, I dont think it's a hail Mary (on both accounts).
                                Lebron is clearly ring chasing & will do anything to accomplish that (if he leaves Cavs, Nike will "straighten it out"). He WILL go to any team that helps him accomplish that (and close in on GOAT Jordan).
                                With KD, they better at least get to WCF. Frankly, I do not see Westbrook changing yet (carbon copy of Kobe 10-15 yrs ago).
                                Is he going to Washington or us (I hope) or ?... Nobody knows yet. One thing is almost sure -KD will not stay in OKC if they lose in 1st or 2nd round.

Comment

Working...
                                X