Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most Overated team in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the most Overated team in the East ?

Most often its the its the sainted New York Nix. This year along with the Knicks we have the Heat and the Bulls.
    Whats your vote and why ?

The Heat

Being called to finish 2nd or 3rd ? Really ?
    Both their stars are entering their 13th seasons. One, has had a serious medical condition. Last report from Chris Bosh was that he hoped to be 90% in NOVEMBER.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/930/chris-bosh
    Dwayne Wade too is gearing it up for year 13. Hard and heavy miles on Wade. Consider these 4 numbers...49, 69, 54, 62... Those are how many games Wade played in over the last 4 seasons. Like that small chip in the bottom of your windshield its eventually going to crack and bust for good.
    Goran Dragic is now 29 and likes the clubbing. Who wouldn't at 29 with serious folding money at your disposal. Goran is now in South Beach. He also just might be only the 6th best PG in the East. Lots of hype but this guy hasn't really led anyone anywhere so far.
    Justise Winslow is actually being counted on as a contributor by the pundits. He is a rook. He did slide down the draftboard to 10. Can 6 scouting departments be ALL wrong ? Kid has limited offense and got his points in college by outmuscling college kids. He will not be playing against college kids. He is up against the men now.
    Luol Deng is in his 12th year .. has had a lot of injury woes ... Deng is on the downslope of a very good career.
    There isn't much of a bench. Hasslam, Anderson and Gerald Green are in the twilight of mediocre careers. The Heat are being forecasted to finish 2nd or 3rd in the East.

Da Bulls

The band is all back on a good team. Lets peel the layers back a little. The band is back but the coach who willed them to be good is gone. New coach, new assistants, new system. This may take some time eh ?
    Jimmy Butler is the real deal and a star. Derrick Rose was a star and now with two bum knees and very curious statements about commitment maybe he slides back to the pack. Maybe not. Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah are now 30 somethings and they too have bum knees. THis isn't being made up. Yet the ESPN boys are just passing this off as if nothing could go wrong. The Bulls are generally ranked 2nd or 3rd in the East.

The Knicks

They will struggle. Carmello is now 31 and is coming off yet another knee surgery. He is familiar with defense but actually hasn't any practical experience with it for a few years. The Knicks will struggle out of the gate and Carmelo who sees the clock ticking and will ask for a trade out of NYC. The NYC media circus will exacerbate an already bad situation and the season will be gone by December. The US pundits are forecasting the Knicks to finish 11th or 12th. It will be lower. Much lower.

So who do you think is the beneficary of lots of ink with not much substance to back it up .. the most overrated team in the east is ? and why. Poll attached.
    The Heat
    47.92%
    The Bulls
    20.83%
    The Knicks
    6.25%
    The Celtics
    2.08%
    The Cavaliers
    2.08%
    The Wizards
    12.50%
    The Bucks
    8.33%
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Aug 22, 2015, 03:21 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

I picked the Cavs just because I can't stand LeBron.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Bulls, because they're consistently viewed as some kind of contender when they aren't.

Comment

Bulls and Raptors.

Not sure why the Knicks are on this list?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I say the Bucks, to many people think they're gonna be a top 4 seed. Did you see how awful they played when they traded Knight? Now they signed Monroe, but I don't like the fit. Who in the world is gonna space the floor for him? The paint will be clogged with Monroe, Giannis, MCW, Parker
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Bulls and Raptors.

How can the Raps be overrated? ESPN has the 6th. That sounds reasonable, maybe even a bit low.

The obvious is the Heat with all those old guys and injuries last season. The Bulls should have shored up the backup PG position -- they're depending way too much on Rose. But, if he plays 65+ games they should be really good.

Comment

Bulls, no question about it
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

A team needs to be highly rated before they can be overrated.. I don't see why the Knicks, Bucks, or Celtics would be on that list.. Bucks/Celtics got into the playoffs last year and both teams are arguably better now. Who's overrating the Knicks? I'm seeing 3rd worst in the league in most prediction sites.

I think the Wizards are probably overrated.. but that's because they spanked the Raptors and were a worse seed. So that's somewhat justified.. although losing Pierce is going to hurt them as he gave them that edge that they no longer seem to have.

Bulls have been a top 4/5 team for a while in the East and now have a new coach that some wanted to coach the Raptors.. so that's going to be interesting.. but when you're a top tier seed for some time, you're going to continue to get that love unless you prove otherwise. Only big question mark for that team is can Butler and Rose co-exist. And I suspect they can so I'd called them ranked properly.

Cavs are overrated simply because they've already been given the keys to the NBA finals already.. It's Lebron vs the East and he has beaten the East 5 years in a row.. he's got some skilled teammates that now have had a year together. I think Love makes them worse not better (especially defensively) but that's not really a reason to discount them. Mo Williams was a great pick up and will be counted on when Irving gets injured again. I pick the Cavs to win the East again so I can't call them overrated.

Wade, Bosh, Deng, Dragic and Whiteside never played a single minute together last year.. that's how injured they were. I don't suspect that to happen again next season. On the bench they still have McBob (again was injured), Anderson, Chalmers, Winslow, Greem, Haslem and Amare. Not great but still decent. I think the Heat end up with more wins than the Raptors as they seem to have more talent.

Hard to choose one.. I guess I'll go with the Wizards simply because I don't think they are that great and still have a pretty crappy coach.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  A team needs to be highly rated before they can be overrated.. I don't see why the Knicks, Bucks, or Celtics would be on that list.. Bucks/Celtics got into the playoffs last year and both teams are arguably better now. Who's overrating the Knicks? I'm seeing 3rd worst in the league in most prediction sites.

I think the Wizards are probably overrated.. but that's because they spanked the Raptors and were a worse seed. So that's somewhat justified.. although losing Pierce is going to hurt them as he gave them that edge that they no longer seem to have.

Bulls have been a top 4/5 team for a while in the East and now have a new coach that some wanted to coach the Raptors.. so that's going to be interesting.. but when you're a top tier seed for some time, you're going to continue to get that love unless you prove otherwise. Only big question mark for that team is can Butler and Rose co-exist. And I suspect they can so I'd called them ranked properly.

Cavs are overrated simply because they've already been given the keys to the NBA finals already.. It's Lebron vs the East and he has beaten the East 5 years in a row.. he's got some skilled teammates that now have had a year together. I think Love makes them worse not better (especially defensively) but that's not really a reason to discount them. Mo Williams was a great pick up and will be counted on when Irving gets injured again. I pick the Cavs to win the East again so I can't call them overrated.

Wade, Bosh, Deng, Dragic and Whiteside never played a single minute together last year.. that's how injured they were. I don't suspect that to happen again next season. On the bench they still have McBob (again was injured), Anderson, Chalmers, Winslow, Greem, Haslem and Amare. Not great but still decent. I think the Heat end up with more wins than the Raptors as they seem to have more talent.

Hard to choose one.. I guess I'll go with the Wizards simply because I don't think they are that great and still have a pretty crappy coach.
                  raptors and Wizards are overared just due to Bucks, Celtic and even Pistons being underrated. Vogel and George might also surprise and so could the Hornets. those wins are coming from somewhere and it isnt from the West or Cavs

Comment

I think the heat have the potential to be very good, just don't believe they will be because of injuries. I do think they will be a playoff team though, and I sure wouldn't want to play them.

Milwaukee will be solid, they're not top 4 though.

Indiana I think has a chance to shock some teams especially if Miles Turner can contribute in his rookie year. I think they'll be an interesting team to keep an eye on.

Bulls will be Bulls, maybe a little less defensive minded but will be overhyped and accomplish nothing as usual.

Wizards intrigue me. Porter and Beal are looking more and more like solid players, John Wall is John Wall. They're good not great.

Raps, I have no idea how to read them. They're truly a team that could land anywhere for 2-7 in the standings. It'll come down to fit and style of play I think. The talent is there.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Bulls and Raptors.

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Because I just can't help myself. If the Knicks fielded the blind sisters of the poor {which they did last year} somehow a story line would come out of NY on how with a couple of breaks they could be in the playoffs.

*** and here it is.. right from CBS Sports and our buddy Matt Moore... they are as predictable as the sun coming up in the east in the morning....

Phil Jackson admits the Knicks may struggle early on this season
                      By Matt Moore | NBA writer
                      August 24, 2015 6:02 pm ET

But at least Jackson's not spitting nonsense about making the playoffs; it's very possible New York makes it this year, but trusting in what the team has now is simply not a good idea.

All they need is a couple of breaks...Really Really LMAO

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...on-this-season
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 08:22 PM. Reason: *** edited new content to support statment.
                      - TGO

Comment

The Knicks aren't overrated. They're comical. Should be in the CBA, Clown Basketball Association.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Heat are most overrated, Bulls a close second for the same reasons that were well stated by OP.

Hawks are a slight question mark for me - they lost Carrol, who was an important player, and seem like the kind of team that other teams might "catch up to" i.e. figure out how to expose their super system (just as teams gradually figured out ways to exploit Thibs' defence in Chicago).

VERY underrated for me is the return of Paul George. Indiana has had tons of change, but if George is able to return to form? And he should be able to. The East is weak enough for Paul George and a well coached team to make some noise.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Demographic Shift you should set up a similar poll for most underrated in the East.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Demographic Shift you should set up a similar poll for most underrated in the East.
                              Sunday...
                              - TGO

Comment

Working...
                              X