Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most Overated team in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised there's no Atlanta Hawks among the options. Knicks shouldn't even be among the options. Yes, they have a solid coach and a pretty solid team (Horford and Teague are really good, Millsap too), but that's it. Korver is the worst all-star ever to be selected, since Roy Hibbert the year before. I don't know why he was even given the spot. Back to the topic though, I feel at their peak they'll just be like the Bulls - or maybe even below the Bulls. They're pretty much status quo - got back Millsap, lost Demarre. They have a solid system but no way they're beating Cleveland.

Regarding the Bulls, I'm not sure why everyone is saying they're overrated. Just cuz they had an unlucky draw in round 2 - which was pretty much the ECF. I thought Gasol's injury really hurt them more than Love's injury did the Cavs.

I voted the Bucks - they have an exciting team but I really think they made a big mistake trading Brandon Knight and replacing him with MCW. Giannis has tons of potential but I see him as Batum 2.0. I don't know how Monroe is gonna perform in their system - Drummond would have been a better fit for the Bucks lol. I think Orlando has a better young core than the Bucks - a more complete team.

IMO - Hawks, Bucks are overrated, and well the Raptors.

My underrated teams would be Boston, Indiana and Orlando.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      I'm surprised there's no Atlanta Hawks among the options. Knicks shouldn't even be among the options. Yes, they have a solid coach and a pretty solid team (Horford and Teague are really good, Millsap too), but that's it. Korver is the worst all-star ever to be selected, since Roy Hibbert the year before. I don't know why he was even given the spot. Back to the topic though, I feel at their peak they'll just be like the Bulls - or maybe even below the Bulls. They're pretty much status quo - got back Millsap, lost Demarre. They have a solid system but no way they're beating Cleveland.

Regarding the Bulls, I'm not sure why everyone is saying they're overrated. Just cuz they had an unlucky draw in round 2 - which was pretty much the ECF. I thought Gasol's injury really hurt them more than Love's injury did the Cavs.

I voted the Bucks - they have an exciting team but I really think they made a big mistake trading Brandon Knight and replacing him with MCW. Giannis has tons of potential but I see him as Batum 2.0. I don't know how Monroe is gonna perform in their system - Drummond would have been a better fit for the Bucks lol. I think Orlando has a better young core than the Bucks - a more complete team.

IMO - Hawks, Bucks are overrated, and well the Raptors.

My underrated teams would be Boston, Indiana and Orlando.
      Hawks lost DC but Thabo is actually a really good replacement and TH Jr adds some bench scoring something they never had plus Splitter gives them a big familiar with the Spurs type offence and defence.

Magic with Skiles could be really good in the East which means above .500 they have a lot of good talent that floundered under Vaughn

Monroe on the Bucks gives them a consistent scorer. The D is elite but they had trouble getting points consistently. They can now play shut down D on the perimeter and get 2 points consistently in the fourth by feeding the post

Comment

MIAMI, Bulls is close 2nd.

BS10 wrote: View Post
        Bulls, no question about it

Comment

Since we can't accoung for health, I think the Bulls are as good a team as there is in the East with a full compliment of players.

I'd vote for the Bucks to be the most over rated. They still have not addressed their scoring issues even with the addition of Monroe. Good defense that will struggle to score.

Comment

Miami.

Comment

Too bad you cannot vote twice, as there isn't one individual team, but 2.

First off: Miami. No question about this, the Heat are being overhyped easily. The roster has multiple holes, various guys coming off injuries and a player whose coming off a year that seems impossible to repeat itself.

Second, you got the Wizards. Once again, this is a team that really has questions. Yeah, I love the backbourt, but that frontcourt just got another year older, plus.... they once again have to deal with a change at SF. 3 different guys in 3 years, fellas (Ariza, Pierce and now Dudley)
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I agree with the Heat, especially they performed so poorly last year and have so many question marks, but at the same time they are the other 'good' team, along with us, that looks like they really improved this offseason. For them, that means a lot of recovered injury-hours, but they also made hay in the draft with Winslow, and added two very intriguing (and very Heat-like) veterans in Gerald Green and Amare. That said, so much relies on their health that I think you average out their upside and downside to 5th or 6th.

Wizards better get great internal development from Porter and Beal because otherwise they've done very little to improve. Oubre doesn't figure into the rotation with all the mediocre veteran wings ahead of him.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Because I just can't help myself. If the Knicks fielded the blind sisters of the poor {which they did last year} somehow a story line would come out of NY on how with a couple of breaks they could be in the playoffs.
                  What do you mean just playoffs?
                  With couple of 2nd rounders & un-drafted FAs (all almost all stars) -Home field advantage at least in 1st round.

Comment

I voted Miami.
                    5 Starters never played together, may never play considering injury history.
                    Lets not forget this team was out of playoffs (in at the time brutal East) even before Bosh went out. We all know if Bosh is your best player how far team goes.
                    Sorry but this 2015-16 Wade is way past his prime. If he were to remain healthy (and play say 70 plus games) as well as others (Bosh, McBob, Deng) -maybe 4 seed, Otherwise 6-8.
                    IMO after Cavs, positions 2-7 are fairly open & anybody's guess.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                      What do you mean just playoffs?
                      With couple of 2nd rounders & un-drafted FAs (all almost all stars) -Home field advantage at least in 1st round.
                      And here it is.. right from CBS Sports and our buddy Matt Moore... they are as predictable as the sun coming up in the east in the morning....

Phil Jackson admits the Knicks may struggle early on this season
                      By Matt Moore | NBA writer
                      August 24, 2015 6:02 pm ET
                      But at least Jackson's not spitting nonsense about making the playoffs; it's very possible New York makes it this year, but trusting in what the team has now is simply not a good idea.

All they need is a couple of breaks.Really Really LMAO.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...on-this-season
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

easily the heat. bosh is going to have to be monstrous for them to have success this year.

Comment

Toronto is the most overrated team in the east. We have improved at the positions that CoJo and Carroll play but the primary reason why we wont improve havent changed

All we have done this offseason so far is put lipstick on our pig

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            easily the heat. bosh is going to have to be monstrous for them to have success this year.
                            how do you figure?

hey got a solid team, and they may not win alot in the regular season, but they get ALOT more dangerous in the playoffs.

Comment

i'm not really sure why everyone is voting for the Heat

Dragic/Chalmers
                              Wade/Green
                              Deng/Winslow
                              Bosh/stoudemire/haslem
                              Whiteside//anderson

the starting lineup is very strong. with Dragic/Winslow/Stoudemire there it should take some of the burden off Wade and Bosh.

if you're asking me who'll be overrated in a couple years, sure. but if Wade/Bosh don't miss significant time they'll be a top 4 team in the east easily.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

anyways the answer is the Bulls
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X