Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most Overated team in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulls might be in trouble with these Rose allegations. Jimmy Butler might be good but doesn't strike me as a star that can put a team on his back.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      The Hawks got exposed last year because everybody figured out their Achilles' heel - they weren't a good rebounding team and you could eat them alive on the glass. That's how Toronto beat them in the regular season when they were pounding the rest of the league and that's how Cleveland ate them alive.

They've added Tiago Splitter and Walter Tavares this year and I dunno if they've fixed it at all. Splitter is a good defensive player but he's not a superior rebounder, and on top of that he's injury prone. Tavares is a giant question mark.

And the loss of Carroll is big. Thabo was his off-the-line replacement as the season progressed, and it sucked when Thabo was stabbed out of the playoffs, but he's a first-option bench wing, not a starter. Atlanta doesn't really have great wing depth at all: they've got Korver (great) and then a bunch of bench guys (Thabo, Kent Bazemore, Tim Hardaway Jr.), and then a bunch of marginal players.

They've got a top-five coach and that'll keep them in the hunt, but Atlanta takes a step back this year.

George is a great player, but people treat him like he's a superstar and he isn't - he's a "one rung below a superstar" player. And that makes a difference, especially when Indiana has lost all of their starting bigs and is trying to transform into a run-and-gun smallball team. This is a year for the Pacers to figure out what they have and to find the right complimentary pieces for George.
      He usually guards the opposing teams best player. Losing a stopper really hurts. Look what happened to the Spurs w/o Jawhi, Horwnet-MJG and Bull when they lost Butler

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Toronto is the most overrated team in the east. We have improved at the positions that CoJo and Carroll play but the primary reason why we wont improve havent changed

All we have done this offseason so far is put lipstick on our pig
        They way CoJo has played at FIBA makes me concerned we overpaid to get a back up PG. For those posters who thought he might even have the potential to be our starting PG may need to re-evaluate that .

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          They way CoJo has played at FIBA makes me concerned we overpaid to get a back up PG. For those posters who thought he might even have the potential to be our starting PG may need to re-evaluate that .
          Maybe.

But Ty Lawson played terrible in Lithuania during 2011 lockout.

Definitely grounds for worry but I'll stick with his NBA game....but then again he played for Pop.....uh oh now I'm worried!

Comment

In the limited action I've been able to watch, I've been a little concerned as well.

However, in his defense, he's playing with a collection of borderline NBA rotation players (except Wiggins, who played way too passively against Argentina, and Olynyk who had a brutal game) who had very little time to practice together (especially since Olynyk missed so much time). The entire team just seems very disjointed at both ends of the court, not just Joseph.

Comment

Don't think you should be to concerned at how much he makes to do the job.. just if he can do it. Just for a compare. Al Farok Aminu .. who is pretty much the poster child for a very pedestrian career in the NBA got more money than Joseph. He won't get any better than he is now. Joseph most likely can and will.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              In the limited action I've been able to watch, I've been a little concerned as well.

However, in his defense, he's playing with a collection of borderline NBA rotation players (except Wiggins, who played way too passively against Argentina, and Olynyk who had a brutal game) who had very little time to practice together (especially since Olynyk missed so much time). The entire team just seems very disjointed at both ends of the court, not just Joseph.
              We are now two games into the tourney. They should be getting a better feel of how the international game will be called by this group of officials, getting used to playing at altitude in Mexico City and getting used to playing in games vs practice with each other. As the unit becomes more cohesive CuJo will only look better and better.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 3, 2015, 03:16 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Agreed 100%. Cojo's performance was extremely disappointing as a fan of him when he was on the Spurs. I was expecting him to play much better and stop the opposing argentinian guard, especially preventing him from scoring 20+ points. I know it's only one game but I don't think I would risk losing Lowry for Cojo to take over the point guard spot just yet. Its way too early to be thinking of that.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Remember guys, this is the tourney in which Scola is the GOAT. This style of basketball does not translate to the NBA, good or bad. No worries on the CoJo front.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Remember guys, this is the tourney in which Scola is the GOAT. This style of basketball does not translate to the NBA, good or bad. No worries on the CoJo front.
                    Much more seasoned NBA players than this Canadian squad have struggled to translate their games to the demands of international tournaments. This Canadian team is really young and probably overhyped in this country because of their potential. They aren't that good yet - still a bunch of pretty raw, very young (did I say that already?) guys in a tournament usually dominated by international vets with tons of experience, playing in well established national programs.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      I say the Bucks, to many people think they're gonna be a top 4 seed. Did you see how awful they played when they traded Knight? Now they signed Monroe, but I don't like the fit. Who in the world is gonna space the floor for him? The paint will be clogged with Monroe, Giannis, MCW, Parker
                      Wow. You were on point. Most experts expected MIL to take the next step.

Comment

Working...
                      X