Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Ryan Anderson be an upgrade at the 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Ryan Anderson be an upgrade at the 4?

Simple question...

He's a wash with Patterson. Both decent shooters but both defensive liabilities. I've mentioned this already but him + JV would be a terrible front court and have significant problems as a tandem on the defensive end together. Plus, he's probably going to be expensive to acquire during free agency. Not worth the cost in my opinion.

Would rather spend money on acquiring a PF who is above average on defence to help JV on the defensive end and with great size and length and athletic to help defensive rotations. Also would like him to be have offensive skills and be enough of an offensive threat so the opposing team's defences will take him seriously. Hopefully, we get someone like that soon.
    Last edited by BS10; Tue Aug 25, 2015, 12:06 AM.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeerge Ibakaaaaaaaaaaaa (2017 free agency let's gooooooo)

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeerge Ibakaaaaaaaaaaaa (2017 free agency let's gooooooo)
        If KD leaves OKC next year in free agency, I believe we have a real shot at getting Ibaka in the 2017 free agency. I could see Masai stealing Ibaka from OKC no problem cause of the African connection between the two. Now Ibaka's defence skills are something we could definitely use on our starting line up and would be an upgrade over what we have.
        Last edited by BS10; Tue Aug 25, 2015, 12:17 AM.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I am thinking we need an "Everything Power Forward Wish List" thread.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Not a huge Ryan Anderson fan as a PF. I'd almost rather have David Lee, since he can rebound and we needed that last season.

Comment

And then what? You get anderson for a month and start searching for a slight upgrade on him? For the 99th time this offseason ill say it: we're not contending this season anyways. Roll with 2pat/scola/JJ until the FINAL power forward answer presents itself. This idea of constant reshuffling and slight upticks is no way to build a team or handle grown professional athletes
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  And then what? You get anderson for a month and start searching for a slight upgrade on him? For the 99th time this offseason ill say it: we're not contending this season anyways. Roll with 2pat/scola/JJ until the FINAL power forward answer presents itself. This idea of constant reshuffling and slight upticks is no way to build a team or handle grown professional athletes
                  Only thing I'd change is ....much better PF answer presents itself.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Simple question...
                    No.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Overrated.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Isn't Anderson just an older, more expensive, more injury-prone, less athletic version of Patterson?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Isn't Anderson just an older, more expensive, more injury-prone, less athletic version of Patterson?
                          Just say it: he's also a lot whiter.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Just say it: he's also a lot whiter.
                            As I was typing "less athletic" I had a chill go up my spine, with a worry that somebody might take it that way... lol

I should have gone with "less scrambly"

Comment

Best thing about Ryan Anderson is that he's an expiring.. so if you traded him for Patterson, you'd save about $6M in cap space for next summer.. that would allow us to go after KD or Horford if Biyombo keeps his player option.

But I also assume 2Pat could be moved for cap relief like GV was. Therefore there is no need to make this move now. I'd rather go into the season with 2Pat than Anderson since 2Pat has chemistry with the team already.

Comment

Working...
                              X