Could DeMarre Carroll at the 4 Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapko wrote: View Post
    The usual Rudy was lighter here yet still not efficient.
    I don't understand what your saying exactly

When we 1st traded for Rudy he played good till the end of the season ( Normal weight )

The Raptors than told him to beef up for the 4 and he played horrible. Then he got traded to Sacramento and lost some weight and played much better.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      I don't understand what your saying exactly

When we 1st traded for Rudy he played good till the end of the season ( Normal weight )

The Raptors than told him to beef up for the 4 and he played horrible. Then he got traded to Sacramento and lost some weight and played much better.

Inefficient like going 4-21....

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
        Inefficient like going 4-21....
        But he was more efficient with his normal weight than when he gained some lbs

That's the point I'm trying to make.

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

"
          That's like drafting a SG and playing him at SF, "
          What ? RAPS would never do that dumbsht.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          For short, circumstantial stretches within a game, perhaps. Signing a premiere 3&D SF to a lucrative contract, to then play him regularly at PF, is just dumb. It completely negates his greatest strengths and advantages.

That's like drafting a SG and playing him at SF, or playing backup PGs at SG and even SF, or playing an undersized PF at C.... oh, right... Casey you rock-pounding, stubborn old fool!

Comment

depending on matchup.
            PG13=ok
            k lOVE = ok
            Chi = depends

Small ball is strategy effective ONLY in certain match ups vs certain teams (somebody send Casey the memo plz).
            We should see DC every now and then , but not as a permanent set up.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Yeah let's take a 6'8" Perimeter Defender, pay him 15mill a year to defend Pf's

Comment

With Casey the situation is down a couple in the fourth. Time to put Ross at SF and 2Pats at C while Demar takes midrange contested jumpers

Comment

Small ball 4 can work well if Carroll is guarding a bigger 4 who is only an average post-up threat. Even in a size mismatch scenario, most teams won't start calling ISO post plays for their mediocre 4-man to punish Carroll on the low block. Just have to keep the bigger player off the offensive boards, and even the best offensive rebounders in this league only get 2 - 3 per game.

Comment

Fun Fact:

Look at Carroll's numbers at PF in the D-League, before he decided to change positions entirely.

Carroll became a SF for a reason.

Paying him at the 4 is a joke.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

This is the first time in 2 years that we actually have players who can play their proper positions on our starting and bench lineups. We were already getting killed on the boards last season when we had conventional 4s and 5s playing in the frontcourt. Imagine us using a SF there...

Comment

Agree with most that I wouldn't want to see Carroll playing the 4. Just too much wear and tear to do it exclusively through a season, but here and there through games I could see it.

I think the rationale of this is not to defend adequately, but instead to create mismatches on offense and force the other team to try and match up. In an extreme case scenario you are saying we will give up the two each time because we know we can score two on you and sometimes 3. Also, we know that we can increase the number of posessions we have due to things like increased steals and turn over creation. So it's all based around outscoring the opponent with the awareness you will be conceding points on defense. I would be more supportive of this if I felt we had the personnel to score in the manner "small ball" creates, but we aren't stacked with light out shooters. Theoretically, if Ross is on the floor with Lowry, and Carroll that gives you three deep 3 threats, but I'm not quite sold they can all be adequately hot at the same time.

Comment

Only time I want to see Carroll at the 4 is when George is at the 4 from Indiana. Or a player of similar ilk. Any other kind of match up is stupid coaching at best

Comment

Working...
                        X