Could DeMarre Carroll at the 4 Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm let me pose this differently.

Say we sign Batum next year and make it to the ECF in 2016. We're playing Cleveland

Kyrie
    Shumpert
    LeBron
    Love
    Mozgov

Where do we run into trouble with Carroll at the 4? And a lineup of Lowry/DD/Batum/Carroll/JV?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Tell that to the Nash-era Suns and countless other teams since that have been effectively rocking small-forwards at the 4.
      Trade offense for defense but with the Raptors DC won't be used enough. There is no advantage with DC at the 4 that 2Pats or JJ doesn't add

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

Say we sign Batum next year and make it to the ECF in 2016. We're playing Cleveland

Kyrie
        Shumpert
        LeBron
        Love
        Mozgov

Where do we run into trouble with Carroll at the 4? And a lineup of Lowry/DD/Batum/Carroll/JV?
        Love would murder us

You think Kevin Love is gonna be jacking up 3s the entire game with Carroll on him?
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Kyrie
          Shumpert
          LeBron
          Love
          Mozgov

I think they have the coaching edge. Coach Lebron >> Coach Casey
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Love would murder us

You think Kevin Love is gonna be jacking up 3s the entire game with Carroll on him?
            Absolutely.

Love had 295 post ups last season.

He scored 0.98PPP

That is 85th percentile.

That is just below JV.

Cavs see DC on Love and it is game over.

Comment

Carroll would be the best LBJ defender on this team.. doesn't make sense to move him to an inferior player like Love on defense even if he was capable enough to do it.

Comment

Carroll is a prototypical 3 to me. But this is the only conceivable type of lineup that you keep both demar and demarre starting while adding Durant or even Batum. I don't think it's a good idea especially with JV. A faster more athletic big man and you might get away with it in the regular season, playoffs not so much I would imagine.

Comment

Kyrie
                  Shumpert
                  LeBron
                  Love
                  Mozgov

Well for starters, neither Batum nor Carroll have the strength to handle LeBron in the post, nevermind Love. We'd be small, and far from talented enough to force the faster pace we might want on their "conventional" lineup. I don't see how we win such a series. Try to outrun and outfinesse them? Without a single guy who can really match up against their best player? Or even one of their other top talents?

Comment

Love would DESTROY Carroll in the post, not to mention on the boards.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

For the past 20 years we have been deciding to routinely play people out of position

How has that worked out?

I DO NOT want to see Carroll play any non-situational minutes at PF. I'll buy a ticket to TO and pie Casey in the face then ask MU for a job

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        For the past 20 years we have been deciding to routinely play people out of position

How has that worked out?

I DO NOT want to see Carroll play any non-situational minutes at PF. I'll buy a ticket to TO and pie Casey in the face then ask MU for a job
                        Seriously, the Raptors have always done this and I don't understand why

Example: Made Rudy gain weight to play 4 and he played like horseshit, he then went to Sac and lost weight and went back to the usual Rudy

Comment

I just dont see the rational in bringing in a guy to help the perimeter defense and pay him 15M a year to then make him play the majority of his minutes at PF????????????
                          Last edited by MACK11; Fri Aug 28, 2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I just done see the rational in bringing in a guy to help the perimeter defense and pay him 15M a year to then make him play the majority of his minutes at PF????????????
                            You're not alone!

Comment

Seriously, the Raptors have always done this and I don't understand why

Example: Made Rudy gain weight to play 4 and he played like horseshit, he then went to Sac and lost weight and went back to the usual Rudy
                              The usual Rudy was lighter here yet still not efficient.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Carroll is a prototypical 3 to me. But this is the only conceivable type of lineup that you keep both demar and demarre starting while adding Durant or even Batum. I don't think it's a good idea especially with JV. A faster more athletic big man and you might get away with it in the regular season, playoffs not so much I would imagine.
                                BB?
                                Slight problem: Why pay JVal 16 mil/yr to be a backup?

Comment

Working...
                                X