Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the second best team in the East (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Does it really matter? the Cavs are SOOOOOOO much better than everyone else. It really is not fair. You can pretty much book them to be in the Finals this coming season.

This is what i hate about the NBA. There's no parity unlike the other 3 major pro sports.
    And to be honest i'm starting to lose interest. It's August and i already know that the Cavs will be in the Finals. They'll be opposed by either the Warriors or the Spurs or the Thunder. It's a JOKE.

In baseball, all the teams that make the playoffs has a chance to win. Same with hockey. I'm honestly becoming more and more of a hockey/baseball guy because of this. It's just much more fun to watch, the unpredictability.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

And to be honest i'm starting to lose interest. It's August and i already know that the Cavs will be in the Finals. They'll be opposed by either the Warriors or the Spurs or the Thunder. It's a JOKE.

In baseball, all the teams that make the playoffs has a chance to win. Same with hockey. I'm honestly becoming more and more of a hockey/baseball guy because of this. It's just much more fun to watch, the unpredictability.
      I agree. Although in the west clippers or rockets could also be in the finals. In the east its lebron gets injured or lebron wins the east. That's it.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I like the Heat too. With everyone healthy, this is a far superior lineup to Atlanta's.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

How many people predicted the Warriors to win the title this time last year though?

Comment

I actually prefer it this way. I don't like that you can sneak into the playoffs and somehow get lucky and win it all. It's fun I guess, if you are a fan of that team.

But for purist of the sport? I'd much rather have good teams getting through than bad teams getting lucky and getting through. This seems to happen the most in hockey because of a hot goalie or a slumping scorer. To me the fact that a low seeded team can get a goalie on a hot streak to lead them to the finals -- that's the joke.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
              How many people predicted the Warriors to win the title this time last year though?
              1 out of 28 at ESPN did (http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/pa...on-predictions).
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Is this second best coming out of the playoffs or coming out of the regular season because I think it will be different.

Regular season I think the Cavs will be #2 - behind Atlanta who I think will still be #1 despite losing Carroll (and probably Scott). I think the addition of Spliter into their front court rotation will pay big dividends.

In the playoffs I think the Cavs will face either the Bulls or Heat in the ECF. Heat have a lot of dangerous weapons and a very smart coach. They'll play coy during the regular season but bring it on in the playoffs. Would go with Heat over Bulls if I had a gun to my head.

Would like to think Raptors, but I'm not feeling very optimistic about them.. not with Casey still here.

Comment

Raptors are definitely NOT the second best team in the east right now

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I actually prefer it this way. I don't like that you can sneak into the playoffs and somehow get lucky and win it all. It's fun I guess, if you are a fan of that team.

But for purist of the sport? I'd much rather have good teams getting through than bad teams getting lucky and getting through. This seems to happen the most in hockey because of a hot goalie or a slumping scorer. To me the fact that a low seeded team can get a goalie on a hot streak to lead them to the finals -- that's the joke.
                    Yeah, there are pros and cons to the parity. The main pro is a lot more teams have a legitimate chance at a championship. The con is exactly what you describe - one hot goalie on a streak for a few weeks at the right time can take a mediocre team all the way to the final, knocking out the league's best teams and players along the way with a bit of puck luck. Actually seems to happen fairly often.

In basketball you know you're almost always going to have two great teams with several of the game's best players in the final. Also, the lack of parity is only affecting the East right now. The West is incredibly competitive and had some great, great basketball played in last year's playoffs right from round 1.

Comment

I can't believe so many people picked the Raptors to be number 2. I think some bias is creeping in lol. I picked the Bulls but to be honest I think apart from the Cavs, its a toss up on where the Hawks, Raps, Bulls, Wiz will fall into the 2 - 5 slots.

Comment

A healthy Bulls team is the only team in the East that even has a chance of giving Cleveland a good series in the playoffs.

Comment

Apparently, Kyrie Irving might not play until January because of the time he's going to take off to heal properly from his injury. Looks like the Cavs might not be the #1 team in the East this season.

Source:
                          http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....cavaliers.html
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                            Apparently, Kyrie Irving might not play until January because of the time he's going to take off to heal properly from his injury. Looks like the Cavs might not be the #1 team in the East this season.

Source:
                            http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....cavaliers.html
                            Kyrie has no positive effect on the Cavs whatsoever. He just eats clock and possessions.

Comment

I think that the Hawks will finish second in the East...

But I don't think that the Hawks are the second best team? I think that the Hawks system and depth will work great for an 82 game season but when the benches shorten in the playoffs, I think that the Bulls (or the Raps?) will be playing the Cavs in the ECF.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                A healthy Bulls team is the only team in the East that even has a chance of giving Cleveland a good series in the playoffs.
                                There's a better chance of seeing Chewbacca than a healthy Bulls team.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X