X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92TillInfinity
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    KD on the Warriors would be insane.... like video game insane.
    We all know KD likes to smoke weed. I've been told California may have some.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I think KD will have 4 favourites, and one dark-horse.

OKC, Houston, Toronto and Washington will be his 4 favourites.. Golden State will be the dark horse.

I really do believe Toronto will be highly considered and not just laughed at.
    KD on the Warriors would be insane.... like video game insane.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    BS10 wrote: View Post
    You forgot one more FA trend:
    4) Go join a team with friends/people you know
    I was thinking about adding that, but couldn't think of a situation where that happened, other than the Miami "scheme team".

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Still don't see why our best bid is supposed to include two high usage guards - hasn't he had enough of that with just one high usage guard in OKC?

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    So Kyle Lowry and DeRozan are more appealing than Wall and Beal? I friggin' doubt it... but, I have no idea what the man is thinking at this point and neither does anyone other than his close circle, if even them. I still think Toronto is a pipedream at this point, but only time will tell. #GetOnYourJobDrake
    Correct me if im wrong but i dont think we could sign kd and dd as our roster is currently constructed. ? Even still id say kds best chance at a title is in the east. basically a free trip to the confrence finals each year. Also beal currently isnt a star player at all. He has missed a lot of time due to injury and stuff and doesnt have a complete game. He will be really good but at this point i think the hype outweighs production.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Agree with this, I think kd sits down with them out of courtesy and doesn't even consider it seriously. Playing with wall and a sg who's supposed to be a shooter but isn't really efficient probably isn't that appealing to kd.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    So Kyle Lowry and DeRozan are more appealing than Wall and Beal? I friggin' doubt it... but, I have no idea what the man is thinking at this point and neither does anyone other than his close circle, if even them. I still think Toronto is a pipedream at this point, but only time will tell. #GetOnYourJobDrake

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    I agree with OKC/DC/Toronto as the top three for KD. He seems intent on winning and his best bet for this is in the east imo. I think basketball wise toronto is a better situation than DC because we have young guys to provide more depth with a good starting lineup. Dc most likely gives up all their depth with signing kd and beal. I think as a franchise right now Toronto would be most liked of most of the eastern confrence yeams competing for kd as well, with their fanbase/training facilities etc. then again history isnt on our side... In Masai we trust

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I think KD will have 4 favourites, and one dark-horse.

OKC, Houston, Toronto and Washington will be his 4 favourites.. Golden State will be the dark horse.

I really do believe Toronto will be highly considered and not just laughed at.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    However Axel I think a lot more than 3 teams are going to sit down with KD

Hence why I said "at least". Others will depend on cap, roster, etc but confident that OKC, Was and Tor get sit downs regardless.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    I think I heard KD mention one time in an interview that he doesn't like playing in Washington (like during away games) because he has to buy/give out tickets for all the people he knows and this is a hassle for him. I'm not sure that this would completely turn him away from playing there but it definitely doesn't help him in wanting to play at home.
    Last edited by BS10; Thu Aug 27, 2015, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    However Axel I think a lot more than 3 teams are going to sit down with KD

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I honestly don't think KD would join Washington. The fact that he grew up in the city and wasn't a fan of the team says a lot to me. Being at home is one thing, but he grew up a Raptors fan.

Only thing Washington really has in their favor is John Wall - but would KD leave Westbrook for Wall?

When the time comes, I suspect we will be one of at least 3 teams to get the sit down (OKC and Was the others guaranteed), but the list will likely be longer. Probably the only time in his career to be "the free agent" and he will want to experience the process.
    Agree with this, I think kd sits down with them out of courtesy and doesn't even consider it seriously. Playing with wall and a sg who's supposed to be a shooter but isn't really efficient probably isn't that appealing to kd.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    I honestly don't think KD would join Washington. The fact that he grew up in the city and wasn't a fan of the team says a lot to me. Being at home is one thing, but he grew up a Raptors fan.

Only thing Washington really has in their favor is John Wall - but would KD leave Westbrook for Wall?

When the time comes, I suspect we will be one of at least 3 teams to get the sit down (OKC and Was the others guaranteed), but the list will likely be longer. Probably the only time in his career to be "the free agent" and he will want to experience the process.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    For top FAs, the trend seems to be something like this.....

1) Re-sign with your existing team
    2) Go home, or close to it
    3) Join a recent champ

Assuming Durant didn't resign with OKC or join the Wiz, then you could actually see a potential fit with the Miami Heat, with Riley working his recruiting magic on KD.
    You forgot one more FA trend:
    4) Go join a team with friends/people you know

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Agreed, Miami doesn't come close to Toronto in market size yet they have a had a proven winner in the past and recently, great weather +beach and located in the U.S. Plus they have one passionate owner and a cutthroat president in a big respected name like Pat Riley.

Those are things Toronto don't have, they do have a well respected president but he is on on the way out for ambiguous reasons with no successful replacement on the horizon and a Sport/real state company composed of 4 different ownership groups each looking out for their own. I am sure when Durant comes to the interview in Toronto he will ask: I will personally like to speak to the team's owner and Masai will be like: "Actually we don't have one owner we have 4 owners and they are all companies, I will let you speak with Roger or Bell communication representatives I hope they won't put you on hold... get it... cause they are phone companies huhuhuhuh (awkward laugh by Masai with Durant grim wtf face).

But they are still owners of a business looking to make profits.

And the powers that be in each ownership would all be there showing Durant with good wishes when the pitch comes.

And another selling point of multiple owners is that it is alot harder for some shit like LAC to happen, or seatle moving.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X