Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy League Match#15 - VOTE for winner to advance to semi-finals!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League Match#15 - VOTE for winner to advance to semi-finals!!

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted an 8 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Dogelover1234 Line-Up

PG: Gary Payton: DPOY/All-NBA/All-Defense
    SG: Michael Jordan: DPOY/All-NBA/All-Defense/MVP/GOAT
    SF: John Havlicek: All-NBA/All-Defense
    PF: Rashard Lewis (PF): All-Star/At his peak he shot over 40% from 3 on 6 att/g
    C: Wes Unseld: All-NBA/MVP

6Man: Brandon Roy (wing): All-NBA (2nd)
    7Man: Blake Griffin: All-NBA (2nd)
    8Man: Jack Sikma (C): All-Defensive (2nd)/One of 20 players to ever average 19pt/g, 12rb/g, 3 ast/g, 1 stl/g and 1 blk/g in a season. (showing his complete all around game)

Bonus Jonas Line-Up

PG - Mo Cheeks
    SG - Klay Thompson
    SF - Paul Pierce
    PF - Dirk Nowitzki
    C - Hakeem Olajuwan
    Bench - Yao Ming
    Bench - Shane Battier
    Bench - Deron Williams

DogeLover Gameplan

Let me start out by pointing out the great advantage we have on the perimeter. We plan to use this advantage defensively by playing tight defense and full court pressure (by rotating Havlicek/MJ/Payton to keep them fresh) to waste the shot clock and get some steals. This constant pressure will also make it difficult for their guards to feed the bigs, which will waste a few more seconds. This gives Hakeem less time to work with and in the last 3-4 seconds of the shot clock a man will come and help Unseld or Sikma because the threat of a kick out is minimal (and our athletic perimeter defenders can rotate well enough to defend it). Wes Unseld may be shorter than his opponents but he most physically resembles a brick wall and will not give up any ground while defending Hakeem. Offensively, we still plan to score a lot in transition and give the ball to the greatest scorer ever. MJ can beat any opponent one on one, but we can also give him screens on or off the ball to open him up. The addition of Lewis provides a little more spacing and an elite three point threat. In the end, MJ will take over this game and lead us to the next round.

Bonus Jonas Gameplan

Offense:

Olajuwon is not gonna be stopped by anyone so he'll be getting plenty of touches and dominating this game with high percentage shots and kick outs when the inevitable double team comes.

I have a feeling Rashard will start at the 3, so if he does, Jordan is guarding Klay and I'll have him running around like a madman trying to catch up to Klay around multiple screens set by everyone. If Havlicek starts and Jordan's at the 3, I'm posting him up with Pierce and making him work on defense regardless.

Mo will play mostly off the ball this game, going up the floor and dumping to Pierce/Olajuwon and then reading the floor and cutting into the paint where he is unstoppable, so Payton's superb on ball defense really can't be used too much.

Finally, we'll run some Dirk-Klay pick n rolls occasionally, which are pretty much unguardable as Klay can drain it if you go under, and if you go over or ice it Dirk can either pop out for an open 3 or get into the paint and have a 2 on 1 with Olajuwon+Dirk vs Unseld.

Defense:

Jordan will face a different guy every time down the court and will get healthy doses of double teams. Mo, Klay and Shane will each see some time on Jordan and we'll double off Payton often since he can't shoot and we have the best defensive center remaining in the tournament guarding the paint.

Regardless of if Doge decides to start Havlicek or Lewis, that player will be the only 3 point threat on the court, so there's not a lot of shooting in his lineup at all.

Unseld is an after thought on offense, as he's only been able to average 50% shooting on over 10 shots a game twice in his career, something Yao and Hakeem have combined to do 20 times in their careers on way more FGA per game.

Doge's gonna struggle to score, with Olajuwon guarding Blake, Blake gets completely shut down, Unseld as I mentioned gets his 15 points (if that), Payton will struggle to score as Hakeem will be in the vicinity of every shot he takes and Havlicek/Lewis will be guarded extremely tight on the perimeter.

So Doge's relying heavily on Jordan, Sikma and Roy being able to out score me, which will never happen with all the guys on my team that can fill the basket quickly.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Dogelover1234's legends
    77.78%
    Bonus Jonas's legends
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

CAn I say that I am not a huge fan of either team top to bottom?

love Bonus Jonus' Front Court
    love Doges backcourt

Comment

I'll wait for adjustments, since obviously Jonas' gameplan changes a bit as he didn't anticipate both Lewis and Havlicek.

I like this change for Doge, even though Blade is a much better player. Interesting matchup, very different teams.

Comment

Leaning Doge early here.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

i like lewis at the four. "In the end, MJ will take over this game and lead us to the next round." pretty ballsy

Comment

Adjustment:

Inserting Lewis doesn't affect my defense at all, Pierce stays on Havlicek tightly and Dirk stays on Lewis tightly, Hakeem stays in the paint.

There's a reason that full court presses aren't run extensively by any team in the NBA, and that's because even basic basketball IQ is good enough to pass around it and get a wide open shot, something you definitely don't want to give to a great shooting team like mine because it's pretty much a guaranteed basket.

Regardless of how much of a "brick wall" Doge believes Wes Unseld is, there's zero chance he "will not give up any ground while defending Hakeem". This is nonsense, Hakeem will dominate Wes' unathletic 6'7 self.

MJ can beat any opponent one on one, but Doge didn't realize that most plays he will be double teamed by Mo and Klay/Shane, as I'm willing to concede a Payton perimeter shot (career 31% 3 point shooter).

Let's also not forget that Pierce will absolutely wreak havoc on Havlicek, Dirk will dominate Lewis (he's done it over the course of their careers consistently), Hakeem can't be stopped, MJ will be running around like a madman chasing Klay and will be extra gassed since he's running a full court press, and Deron Williams can easily be switched in for Mo to do the same to Payton.

I smell wictory baby.

(Notice Jordan crying like a baby)

Comment

I'm sorry Bonus but I can't vote against MJ. He's like my hero … lol
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Sorry I missed this one guys. I was on vacation most of last week with limited connectivity.

Congrats to Doge and good luck to you both.

Side note: for a team who wears their sunglasses at night, Team Bonus did very well in this contest.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Sorry I missed this one guys. I was on vacation most of last week with limited connectivity.

Congrats to Doge and good luck to you both.

Side note: for a team who wears their sunglasses at night, Team Bonus did very well in this contest.
                  Ahahaha this is the jam

Comment

I vote bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X