Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Am I the only one who still has faith in T Ross
    I know I might be kind of delusional for some of my ideas but Terrence has flashed superstar potential and he has flashed more of it than anybody on this team
    Also I know the type of person T Ross is, he is a shy guy but he gets extremely angry when he loses.
    He is also not cocky like Demar.
    So what do you guys think, do you guys still faith in him or nah.

I think there is an "everything T Ross" thread....

But to answer your question: I feel that he is easily replaceable and that I don't consider him an important player moving forward.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I have faith in him to be a solid bench player or fringe starter but nothing more
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Terrence Ross catches way too much flak around here.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I always believed the potential was there, but the confidence and mind set wasn't.

I think he could still become something big, or at least a starter or top sixth man if he gets his mind right. I'm hoping he does this season.

Comment

Flashed superstar potential?

Umm are we sure we're talking about Terrence Ross here...?

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
              Flashed superstar potential?

Umm are we sure we're talking about Terrence Ross here...?
              Remember that one game that one time?

I think he's shown the potential to be a solid starter with a shot at making an AS game or two if he pulled it all together.

I still have hope for TRoss to be a contributor in the league, think he has a good shot at being a great system guy. If the raps ever get there that'd be awesome because he does have talent to offer.

That being said I'm not overly hopeful of ever seeing him realize his potential in toronto

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                Remember that one game that one time?

I think he's shown the potential to be a solid starter with a shot at making an AS game or two if he pulled it all together.

I still have hope for TRoss to be a contributor in the league, think he has a good shot at being a great system guy. If the raps ever get there that'd be awesome because he does have talent to offer.

That being said I'm not overly hopeful of ever seeing him realize his potential in toronto
                Corey Brewer flashing his superstar potential

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                  Corey Brewer flashing his superstar potential

Yea see excatly.

Who can we trade for Brewer?

Comment

Terrance needs to aquire dds work ethic he has the physical skills. Needs to get a little stronger to drive to offset his sweet shooting stroke. On defense it is about focus. He proved in 2013/14 he has the tools. He holds his destiny in his hands. The God Givin physical talent is there

Comment

I love Ross' potential.. but he looks so unmotivated at times that it becomes hard to root for the kid. He can be a dangerous spot up shooter and a decent defender but he's also very inconsistent (especially in the playoffs).

I don't expect him to be on the team next year and Masai will probably collect some type of asset for him before he's gone (via a trade). Masai needs the cap space for the summer of KD and TR's cap hold/qualifying offer will be in the way of that.

Comment

the OP never once said anything about his 51 point came.

You guys are just taking one little part he posted and inferring your own assumptions about what was meant instead of opening a dialogue and actually having a debate.

Ross has shown to be effective at shooting from distance and being a solid defender and is not far off of Carroll at this point in their career, and carroll was older, and without doubt Ross has a below his career average year.

He played out of position, and apparently hurt for the season.....and statistically was only a little behind our 15 million dollar Carroll was at the age of 2 after his third season.

So there is no reason to write off Ross at this point in time, and part of me can't help but feel that the strongest Demar supporters are the loudest ones to discredit Ross.......coincidence? perhaps.
                        Last edited by Snooch; Wed Aug 26, 2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Ross is the unwanted step child.

Ever since Colangelo threw his arms up in the air and said, "Pfffft! Take who you want Dwane!" after Lillard and Barnes were off the board, it is pretty clear his worth in Casey's eyes. He has been forced to play out of position to which many posters say wing doesn't matter (but as soon as you say KD can play SG! WHoaaaa!).

Now sadly, this past year either through injury or his own indifference he had an awful year.

I'm curious to see what happens with him this year. Hopefully he gets to play his natural position off the bench. In theory I love what he could be but I no longer view him as part of the future.

It is likely all a moot point because Raptors will be doing all they can to land a max free agent and his cap hold stands in the way.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Ross is the unwanted step child.

Ever since Colangelo threw his arms up in the air and said, "Pfffft! Take who you want Dwane!" after Lillard and Barnes were off the board, it is pretty clear his worth in Casey's eyes. He has been forced to play out of position to which many posters say wing doesn't matter (but as soon as you say KD can play SG! WHoaaaa!).

Now sadly, this past year either through injury or his own indifference he had an awful year.

I'm curious to see what happens with him this year. Hopefully he gets to play his natural position off the bench. In theory I love what he could be but I no longer view him as part of the future.

It is likely all a moot point because Raptors will be doing all they can to land a max free agent and his cap hold stands in the way.
                            if he performes well, then others players capspace would be in the way.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                              if he performes well, then others players capspace would be in the way.
                              Any play for a max free agent would include, in my opinion, all free agents renounced - including DD and Ross.

Lowry, JV, DC would be other players in way.

PP has less of a cap hit than Ross' cap hold.

Joseph and the rookie contracts have too much value.

I honestly don't know what would happen if he played to his potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X