Throwback Thursday: Raptors vs 76ers, 2001 playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwback Thursday: Raptors vs 76ers, 2001 playoffs

Thinking this thread can be a fun way to look back on the days of Raptors past and reminisce about the good times and the (mostly) not so good times.

Found this video .. thought it might cheer people in the dog days of summer.

Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 27, 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

No Game 3?

Awws.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Nice vid, i'll watch it after i watch the 94' all star game.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

That moment you realize this was 14.5 YEARS ago. That's the same amount of time between the sixers raptors series, and the bird-magic heyday (1987)..where does time go
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I will never forget this series .. can't believe it was SOO long ago now!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              That moment you realize this was 14.5 YEARS ago. That's the same amount of time between the sixers raptors series, and the bird-magic heyday (1987)..where does time go
              that actually just blew my mind, wow that shits cray.

Comment

I remember all the shit Carter took for going to his graduation before Game 7, and how people threw it in his face as sort of a "We told you so!!" ... I didn't like that.

Comment

For your (heartbreaking) viewing pleasure:

Game 1 highlights:

Game 2 highlights:

Game 3 highlights:

Game 4 highlights:

Game 5 highlights:

Game 6 highlights:

Game 7 highlights:

Comment

I remember that series like it was yesterday! One of the best series in NBA history IMO. Carter/Iverson duel = legendary.

I remember after Game 2 or Game 3 the game where Iverson scored 50+ points. I went to the park immediately after the game and started copying Iverson's shooting form lol. AI in his prime was a bad man!!
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

damn you guys made jerome feel old.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        I remember that series like it was yesterday! One of the best series in NBA history IMO. Carter/Iverson duel = legendary.

I remember after Game 2 or Game 3 the game where Iverson scored 50+ points. I went to the park immediately after the game and started copying Iverson's shooting form lol. AI in his prime was a bad man!!
                        AI's 50 point night was game 2, VC's was game 3.

But damn... seeing those two go at it again like that was fun.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          AI's 50 point night was game 2, VC's was game 3.

But damn... seeing those two go at it again like that was fun.
                          And AI with 52 in Game 5 as well.

And then Career High 17 assists in Game 7 when the Raps doubled the shit out of him. The man was unstoppable. If we were going to lose to anyone, I'm ok with it being AI.

Comment

This one one of the most entertaining series I have ever watched, heartbreaking, but wow.

So much more exciting that team was than what we have been watching for the past 10 years...

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                              This one one of the most entertaining series I have ever watched, heartbreaking, but wow.

So much more exciting that team was than what we have been watching for the past 10 years...
                              that team had so many things this current team need:

an actual "it": Vince

a tough vet with character: Oakley

a promising rookie who is also an actual 3-D guy: Peterson

a backup center that can defend and score: Keon Clark

Only if Glen Grunwald knew how to negotiate and draft...

Comment

Working...
                              X