Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "ideal" or "realistic" scenario for the Raptors 2016 off-season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your "ideal" or "realistic" scenario for the Raptors 2016 off-season?

So its a bit early for this but since people are torn about the direction of where the Raptors are going I thought it might be a good time for the posters of RR to predict where the team is going. You can either respond with the scenario in which you want the Raptors to go or the scenario in which you think the Raptors are headed-- think what will Masai do? Just make sure you say it in your post. I'm just curious to what the posters come up with the options available to us.

Plus, in about a year we'll see who's right and who was not so right. It'll sort of be like one of those bragging rights threads. Should be interesting!

Here's the cap situation, courtesy PlanetMars. Shout outs to PlanetMars. (I slightly altered it so we have the 10th pick instead of the 5th)

planetmars wrote: View Post

Carroll, Lowry, CoJo, 2Pat, JV, Wright, Powell:
    $56,398,939

Bruno (Team Option):
    $57,988,579

Bebe (Team Option):
    $59,908,899

2016 first (assume #10) - $2,068,100 - cap hold (should be signed @ 120% of that)
    2016 first (assume #20) - $1,301,900 - cap hold (should be signed @ 120% of that)
    $63,278,899

12th spot cap hold - $543,471 (minimum salary)
    $63,822,370

DeMar's cap hold - $15,075,000
    Biyombo's (Player option) - $2,940,630
    Ross (Qualifying offer) - $4.790,680
    Let's assume the cap is $89M for next year.

You have $25,177,630 cap space left.

What do you spend with this cap space and how does your final roster end up looking?

Things to consider:
    -Re-signing DD, JJ, Scola, De-colo
    -Forgot about everyone mentioned above and sign KD (There's other ways in getting him but this seems like the easiest but you can create other ways in which you get him as well like trading Lowry and others)
    -Or sign other free agents not named KD
    -You can also trade away existing players that you believe aren't in the long term future plans
    -You can also include trades that happen at the trade deadline or earlier
    -You can do sign-and-trades
    -You can trade away draft picks completely (to free up cap space) or trade draft picks to obtain a higher pick in the draft
    -You can convince BB to not pick up his player option and have an extra 2.9 mil in cap
    -You can trade away guys who are apart of the core (But you need to give a reason for this)
    -You can also not pick up Bebe or Bruno's team options to clear up more cap space
    etc…

Here's what our roster looks like in 2016 without any changes/moves made:

Lowry/Cojo/Wright
    ?/Ross/Powell
    Caroll/Bruno
    ?/Patterson
    JV/BB/Bebe
    Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 30, 2015, 12:30 AM.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Too early to talk about it

Comment

Sign Batum to a 18M per year deal. Sign Ross to a 6M per year deal. Draft a top notch PF with the Knicks' pick. Aim for max cap room in 2017.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Please no this will talk into a DD flame war again. But personally I think we have a shot at KD through some sort of sign and trade with DD.... how ever if we keep DD and sign our pick I would be happy.

Comment

Ideal?

Trade away the entire roster except our 2016 pick, CoJo and Bruno. Sign Durant, Horford and Dwight. Draft Jamal Murray

CoJo
          Murray
          KD
          Horford
          Dwight

As for the realistic one, I don't wanna get into a DeBate so I'll just leave that alone.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Sign Batum to a 18M per year deal. Sign Ross to a 6M per year deal. Draft a top notch PF with the Knicks' pick. Aim for max cap room in 2017.
            Thats interesting and a likely possibility. I wouldn't mind that at all, especially if Ross improves to becoming the SG we need. I'm assuming we sell Carroll as our starting PF. So we would look something like this at the end of it:

Lowry/Cojo/Wright
            Ross/Powell
            Batum/Bruno
            Carroll/Patterson
            JV/BB

Doesn't look bad at all. Major bragging rights if you get it right!
            Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 30, 2015, 12:28 AM.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
              Ideal?

Trade away the entire roster except our 2016 pick, CoJo and Bruno. Sign Durant, Horford and Dwight. Draft Jamal Murray

CoJo
              Murray
              KD
              Horford
              Dwight

As for the realistic one, I don't wanna get into a DeBate so I'll just leave that alone.
              Haha, we'd be a little short at depth but that'd be a definite contender and challenge the likes of Lebron and the Cavs for multiple ECFs. We'd also average 55+ wins every year and win the atlantic division for the next 10 years.

That's fair, about the realistic possibility of our team, since i've already read your suggestions made in the other threads. I don't blame ya. You guys might shut this thread down as well if you bring up the Debate
              Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 30, 2015, 12:24 AM.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                Thats interesting and a likely possibility. I wouldn't mind that at all, especially if Ross improves to becoming the SG we need. I'm assuming we sell Carroll as our starting PF. So we would look something like this at the end of it:

Lowry/Cojo/Wright
                Ross/Powell
                Batum/Bruno
                Carroll/Patterson
                JV/BB

Doesn't look bad at all. Major bragging rights if you get it right!
                I think batum would be the likely starter at sg. He fits well as a playmaker and secondary ballhandeler. He can shoot as well and defend, overall i like him. We may be looking to become very international with batum, jv, cojo, bruno, biyombo, and potentially our next few draft picks. I dont mind that at all. Batum is playing sg for the Hornets and should work well there. If ross makes a great unexpected leap then i gusss we could play him/batum/carroll than that could work tho i suppose.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  I think batum would be the likely starter at sg. He fits well as a playmaker and secondary ballhandeler. He can shoot as well and defend, overall i like him. We may be looking to become very international with batum, jv, cojo, bruno, biyombo, and potentially our next few draft picks. I dont mind that at all. Batum is playing sg for the Hornets and should work well there. If ross makes a great unexpected leap then i gusss we could play him/batum/carroll than that could work tho i suppose.
                  If TRoss rebounds and they sign Batum then trading Ross makes the most sense. It tricky because he's an RFA but Batum at SG with DC at the 3 makes the most sense and a good Ross shouldn't be a backup. Again Ross stratus makes it tough

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    If TRoss rebounds and they sign Batum then trading Ross makes the most sense. It tricky because he's an RFA but Batum at SG with DC at the 3 makes the most sense and a good Ross shouldn't be a backup. Again Ross stratus makes it tough
                    In this dreamy hypothetical scenario id rather keep a new, improved Ross and have insane depth. He could still get a lot of minutes and then if a superstar became available id package him with other assets.

Comment

Ideally:

JV/Bebe
                      Horford/ NYK/DEN pick
                      DC/Bruno
                      Durant/Powell
                      Cojo/Wright

Comment

Ross as a backup wing for cheap is fine. I'd still expect Patterson to hold down the starting spot at PF for a year while "insert stud PF rookie from Knicks pick" develops for a year.

Lowry-Batum-Carroll-Patterson-JV. With CoJo-Ross-Bruno-Rookie-BeBe off the bench.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ross as a backup wing for cheap is fine. I'd still expect Patterson to hold down the starting spot at PF for a year while "insert stud PF rookie from Knicks pick" develops for a year.

Lowry-Batum-Carroll-Patterson-JV. With CoJo-Ross-Bruno-Rookie-BeBe off the bench.
                          In this scenario, was DD left to walk or was he traded?
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            In this scenario, was DD left to walk or was he traded?
                            Ideally traded for assets (but no salary) but probably just let walk.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

But if he recovers and is a decent 3-D guard then he won't be cheap and he is wasted on the second unit and he blocks Powell who could do the same cheaper. Lowry-Batum-Carroll means the Raptors have 2 windows, the LBC unit all in their 30s and a CoJo-Wright-Powell window in their mid-20s and cheap. Not sure how Demar or Ross fits either with Bruno and picks also incoming

Comment

Working...
                              X