• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    [QUOTE=Snooch;514780]
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

You cant look at it that way.

That like saying its equivalent to making 100% of 10 free throws.

lol
    Sorry, I'm not getting your point here.

Its a fools bet to think that Demar is going to increase his three point shooting by that much.
    Its ridiculous for 2 reasons:

1) Statistic analysis of his career shooting to date, there is no real improvement arc to build on

2) We just brought in one of the top three point shooters in the game from last season, and we have Ppat, who was ranked VERY high on the list, and we have Lowry and Ross...both of whom shoot from three point range better..... So WHY? would we let Demar even shoot them? His best attribute is getting to the line, the last thing we need is him pretending he is carroll offensively...forcing up his off balanced 3pters....let him stick to his other terrible shooting performances from the midrange and at least let us be an above average 3pt shooting team thanks to Carroll, Ppat, Lowry and Ross. Demar should take more than 1 3pt a game, and that is only in a messed up offensive set.
    1) I've already shown you evidence to show his 3-point shooting has improved over his short career and this improvement can be expected to continue, especially over last year. I'm not going to do the analysis, but I'm pretty sure (the first half of) last year looks like an outlier if we were to plot his 3-point shooting.

2) Do you want him hitting 3s and spacing the court for our other offensive weapons, or don't you? If he's at 33%, he's doing both, and also opening up his slashing game. I'd estimate 30% as the accuracy where you have to really start respecting a player's shot. As Carroll himself has said, if DeMar can hit the 3 it makes us a much more dynamic team. Everybody knows this, so what are you arguing?

In the past, DeMar has really only shot the ball when he absolutely had to, excepting maybe the left corner where he's been good for a couple seasons. This resulted in some really difficult shots. With added firepower around him he can/will relax his iso game and shift to more 3s off good kickouts and ball movement.

It's what nearly everyone anticipates and wants this year. There's a damn good chance it's what we'll see, and frankly, you should be eager for it.
    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 2, 2015, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Heh, dominant bigs + high level wing scorers have actually combined to win quite a few NBA championships. It's a formula that works.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    JV will be required to efficiently score 16 oppg, grab 10 rebounds, then get the ball out from those rebounds...fast.

Man to man defense on the other end.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    It was C as in Centre.

I was thinking JV may get relegated to rebounding, defense and the odd dump down low playing with KD. The team would be better with KD (obviously), but I don't know if you'd be getting the best out of JV. It's difficult to picture both guys being able to shine on offence.
    JV would be 2nd or 3rd option.

Don't see the issue.

No one expects him to score 24+ Per game.

16-18 per game is reasonable and easily doable I think.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    It was C as in Centre.

I was thinking JV may get relegated to rebounding, defense and the odd dump down low playing with KD. The team would be better with KD (obviously), but I don't know if you'd be getting the best out of JV. It's difficult to picture both guys being able to shine on offence.
    Yea I knew you meant Centre, I was wondering if you were being sarcastic though.

Like Axel said, inside-out is almost always a good idea.

With a lineup like that you would want to go to JV quite often to drag defenses inside while trying to make them cover the perimeter. The more dominant JV is the better, because it means teams have to collapse on him that much more.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Article: Ujiri Resting Heavily On Maintaining The Status Quo

It was C as in Centre.

Inside-Out scoring always meshes as long as the ball moves.

Can't see any issue there. Only players on the current roster that would need to really adjust is DD and KL - of course one of them isn't likely to be here to play with KD.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    It was C as in Centre.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    Food for thought:

How well would KD's game mesh with that of a dominant C? Gasp!! we must trade JV in order have a chance at KD!!!
    I'm confused, is that a /s?

Cause the answer is really, really well.

It's one of the reasons I like that team so much :P

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Bandit wrote: View Post
    And now just slide in Ibaka for shits and giggles in 2017.

I love the idea of that team so much.

I'm officially all in on it.
    Food for thought:

How well would KD's game mesh with that of a dominant C? Gasp!! we must trade JV in order have a chance at KD!!!

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Bandit wrote: View Post

yup...me too.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    we will next season.

KD
    Lowry
    Carroll
    JV

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    3.5 Stars but usually a point, finisher/stopper and a big and a three. kD and Demar are both finishers. Kobe-Artest-Gasol-Fischer orLebron-wade-Bosh-Chalmers. DD doesnt pass or shoot well enough
    Historically a lot of champs didn't have a star at point guard, but times may have changed in the ultra-modern NBA.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Former allstar and capable of big production though. The Warriors were overly loaded, but this is still the kind of star-depth you need to win. We're not that far off IMO, similar to the Hawks in that we could send 4 allstars to...Toronto if we have a great early season.
    we will next season.

KD
    Lowry
    Carroll
    JV

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    [QUOTE=SkywalkerAC;514763]

It would seem you're not actually that confident that he won't improve behind the arc. Keep in mind that 33%, which I actually think he'll hit, is pretty much equivalent to 50% FG.
    You cant look at it that way.

That like saying its equivalent to making 100% of 10 free throws.

lol

Its a fools bet to think that Demar is going to increase his three point shooting by that much.
    Its ridiculous for 2 reasons:

1) Statistic analysis of his career shooting to date, there is no real improvement arc to build on

2) We just brought in one of the top three point shooters in the game from last season, and we have Ppat, who was ranked VERY high on the list, and we have Lowry and Ross...both of whom shoot from three point range better..... So WHY? would we let Demar even shoot them? His best attribute is getting to the line, the last thing we need is him pretending he is carroll offensively...forcing up his off balanced 3pters....let him stick to his other terrible shooting performances from the midrange and at least let us be an above average 3pt shooting team thanks to Carroll, Ppat, Lowry and Ross. Demar should take more than 1 3pt a game, and that is only in a messed up offensive set.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    I love Korver. For those purposes, sure I would agree.

Lee came off the bench, so I dont think lee is a star.
    Former allstar and capable of big production though. The Warriors were overly loaded, but this is still the kind of star-depth you need to win. We're not that far off IMO, similar to the Hawks in that we could send 4 allstars to...Toronto if we have a great early season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X