X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=SkywalkerAC;514867]
    Snooch wrote: View Post

Sorry, I'm not getting your point here.

1) I've already shown you evidence to show his 3-point shooting has improved over his short career and this improvement can be expected to continue, especially over last year. I'm not going to do the analysis, but I'm pretty sure (the first half of) last year looks like an outlier if we were to plot his 3-point shooting.

2) Do you want him hitting 3s and spacing the court for our other offensive weapons, or don't you? If he's at 33%, he's doing both, and also opening up his slashing game. I'd estimate 30% as the accuracy where you have to really start respecting a player's shot. As Carroll himself has said, if DeMar can hit the 3 it makes us a much more dynamic team. Everybody knows this, so what are you arguing?

In the past, DeMar has really only shot the ball when he absolutely had to, excepting maybe the left corner where he's been good for a couple seasons. This resulted in some really difficult shots. With added firepower around him he can/will relax his iso game and shift to more 3s off good kickouts and ball movement.

It's what nearly everyone anticipates and wants this year. There's a damn good chance it's what we'll see, and frankly, you should be eager for it.
    1) you didnt at all, saying that he had 20 ish games of slightly above his average does not support that claim, especially when I showed that it is far more likely to be a return to the norm. You cannot ignore past performance and only select a small sample size and use that as your basis moving forward.

2) I am not debating that demar hitting the three wouldnt benefit the team, you are trying to change my debate around to make your point seem less...wrong...
    I said that I dont want demar taking a bunch of threes. period. 30% is not respectable for starters. no one needs to respect that, and secondly when you have a player on your team at over 40%, a player over 37% and others above the 35-36% mark, why the fuck would you want someone with a 20 ish game career high of 35, best season ever of 31, and career average sandwiching the one plus 30% season of 28%.
    He shot poor year one
    he shot poor year two
    he shot poor year three
    he shot poor year four
    he shot halfway between poor and average year five
    he shot poor year six.

That is without dispute mate. You can believe that 20 games at the end of the season is the norm, I will stand that the 350+ games prior are the norm.

And in regards to the kickout corner three stuff, Demar's had damn well better not be shooting them at all. We just paid 15 million for a guy who was one of the best in the league at doing that last season...if we are going to be running that play, you let him shoot it, not demar, seriously man....

Comment

• Any of this relating to Masai's plan/strategy for the roster?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        If you don't want to take a legit shot at KD, then yes, I feel bad for you. Not just you Wildling but any fan that isn't willing to go after a premier talent who grew up cheering for our team, is friends with our peeps and whose current team is facing the financial and competition hardships of being a small market in the western conference.

If Kevin Durant, scoring champ and MVP, isn't worth taking the chance in ones view, then the risk adverse nature will never lead us to a Championship. The article that started this whole discussion mentions bold moves. Can anyone think of a bolder move that we have a chance at? How would our franchise future and perception alter if we could sign KD? Simply put, it would be the single most definitive moment in franchise history; finally trumping the Vince Carter trade. It needs to be explored and anyone not willing to go down that path, yes, I feel bad for them.
        I didn't say I don't want to take a shot at KD. Everyone does. I just said that I think there are other ways to get it done. And yes, I can count to 89. and 110.

But you ignored that - and doubled-down on the "I feel sorry for you" jab. Okay, fella ...

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
          I didn't say I don't want to take a shot at KD. Everyone does. I just said that I think there are other ways to get it done. And yes, I can count to 89. and 110.

But you ignored that - and doubled-down on the "I feel sorry for you" jab. Okay, fella ...
          no one has ever said there was no other way to get it done, only there is one most logical way to do so.

Comment

• Article: Ujiri Resting Heavily On Maintaining The Status Quo

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post

How is it a jab if it doesn't apply?

If you are willing to go after KD, then why are you being sensitive over that comment when it clearly said it applies for people who aren't willing? Doubling down on zero is still zero

So what are you willing to risk to land KD? Are you willing to risk DD? Are you willing to trade Lowry? JV? Every other rotation player?

Or is the plan to hold on to every player in the hope that KD would commit and then trade off pieces?

Cause eventually, something has to give or you can't really say your willing to take a shot without setting the team up for it to be possible.
            Last edited by Axel; Wed Sep 2, 2015, 08:54 PM.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post

I think that by simply saying that there are other ways to get it done, without saying one of these methods. I think everyone would appreciate it if you could expand on that to progress the conversation otherwise the conversation ends up flaming out.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Snooch;514957]
                SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

1) you didnt at all, saying that he had 20 ish games of slightly above his average does not support that claim, especially when I showed that it is far more likely to be a return to the norm. You cannot ignore past performance and only select a small sample size and use that as your basis moving forward.
                You are the one that is ignoring past performance/improvement. Take his 3-point makes year-by-year as I suggested (.1, .1, .4, ,.4, .8, .4), factor in his accuracy by multiplying each by by his % from that year (25, 9.6, 26, 28.3, 30.5, 28.4), and you get 2.5, .96, 10.4, 11.32, 24.4, 11.36.

Plot those numbers on a graph and I'd argue the line of best-fit indicates improvement. He moved away from the 3-ball last year. I think he takes more and makes more this year, continuing the climb from where it left off in 2014.
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 2, 2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SkywalkerAC;514992]

You are the one that is ignoring past performance/improvement. Take his 3-point makes year-by-year as I suggested (4, 5, 24, 34, 64, 25), factor in his accuracy by multiplying each by by his % from that year (.25, .096, .26, .283, .305, .284), and you get 1, .48, 6.24, 9.62, 19.52, 7.1.

Plot those numbers on a graph and I'd argue the line of best-fit indicates improvement. He moved away from the 3-ball last year, and missed quite a few games. I wouldn't bet on either reoccurring this season.
                  what are you talking about?

his career average is 28%, last season he was 28%, season before that was slightly better at 30%, season before that was again 28%.

So career average 28%
                  Season 4 and season 6 28%
                  Season 5 slightly better at 30%
                  Season 3 slightly worse at 26%.

Guess what....that is a 30% average.

amount of makes in a percentage form doesnt make any difference to his overall accuracy.

He makes 28% of his threes.

that is that, there is really nothing to argue after that. the amount of shots he takes has no bearing on how his percentages are going to turn out.

take his 3pters missed. (1, 47, 76, 145, 63) multiple by his percentage from 2pt range and you have that he could have scored 294 more points for this team by taking a step inside. times that by the number of ds in his name but divide by the lack of d he plays and add to that the number of tuesdays in the week and you have 42.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    I think that by simply saying that there are other ways to get it done, without saying one of these methods. I think everyone would appreciate it if you could expand on that to progress the conversation otherwise the conversation ends up flaming out.
                    Everyone knows the other ways to get it done - ie Lowry or Carroll.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      ...having a non-shooting sg made it worse
                      Might as well put this in your sig, you say it so much

Comment

• [QUOTE=Snooch;514994]
                        SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

what are you talking about?

his career average is 28%, last season he was 28%, season before that was slightly better at 30%, season before that was again 28%.

So career average 28%
                        Season 4 and season 6 28%
                        Season 5 slightly better at 30%
                        Season 3 slightly worse at 26%.

Guess what....that is a 30% average.

amount of makes in a percentage form doesnt make any difference to his overall accuracy.

He makes 28% of his threes.

that is that, there is really nothing to argue after that. the amount of shots he takes has no bearing on how his percentages are going to turn out.

take his 3pters missed. (1, 47, 76, 145, 63) multiple by his percentage from 2pt range and you have that he could have scored 294 more points for this team by taking a step inside. times that by the number of ds in his name but divide by the lack of d he plays and add to that the number of tuesdays in the week and you have 42.
                        Why are you ignoring the improvement from his first years that it took to get his career average up to 28%? Why assume no improvement from a 26 year old on a skill that is relatively easy to improve?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Everyone knows the other ways to get it done - ie Lowry or Carroll.
                          Could you explain why you would rather trade them away? Also I believe you would need to trade more than just Lowry

Comment

• [QUOTE=SkywalkerAC;514998]

Why are you ignoring the improvement from his first years that it took to get his career average up to 28%? Why assume no improvement from a 26 year old on a skill that is relatively easy to improve?
                            Im sorry but you cant really say that the skill is easy to improve. First off if it was easy to improve he would have kept improving. I like the optimism but i really dont see dd ever being an average to above average three point shooter. This doesnt mean that i dont think he can be good, if he plays to his strengths and would stop taking so many hard shots.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Could you explain why you would rather trade them away? Also I believe you would need to trade more than just Lowry
                              Well Demar's cap hold is only 2.5 mill more than Lowry. You have to give up multiple pieces to get max under anyway.

I didn't say I'd rather trade them away, just that there are other well-known options. To be perfectly honest I don't know if getting max under is worthwhile unless Durant is a sure thing.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Well Demar's cap hold is only 2.5 mill more than Lowry. You have to give up multiple pieces to get max under anyway.

I didn't say I'd rather trade them away, just that there are other well-known options. To be perfectly honest I don't know if getting max under is worthwhile unless Durant is a sure thing.
                                Oh i thought you were Wildling lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X