Article: Ujiri Resting Heavily On Maintaining The Status Quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allstar game in TO in 2016, right?

I think us fans should start our own recruitment program ahead of free agency.

Posters, Billboards, Radio call ins, allstar festivity "we want KD" chants, Just bring the playoff fandemonium to allstar weekend and make a pitch ourselves.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      SG in pinch, but I'd much prefer Murray as a big PG who can score when needed, rather than an undersized SG who can handle the ball. Kind of like how Steph Curry evolved from SG to PG, Murray's NBA position seems destined to be PG, especially with his feel for the game. Drafting Murray would mean that Lowry would eventually have to be moved - about the same time when KD passes the torch to Wiggins, lol.
      i think LeVert is gonna be a damn solid pick in our projected range at sg.

Comment

• What if DD is willing to take his player option for next season to help us sign a big free agent? What possibilities does that open up? Could we just send out PPat in a sign and trade for KD/Horford?

Theoretically we could give DD a bigger deal under the higher cap the next offseason to make up the difference. Not trying to debate the merits of bringing DD back, I just wanna know what's possible if he takes the player option.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          What if DD is willing to take his player option for next season to help us sign a big free agent? What possibilities does that open up? Could we just send out PPat in a sign and trade for KD/Horford?

Theoretically we could give DD a bigger deal under the higher cap the next offseason to make up the difference. Not trying to debate the merits of bringing DD back, I just wanna know what's possible if he takes the player option.
          You would have to send out $9.5-$10.1m (or whatever his salary is) to have room for Max offer (plus still have Biyombo opt out).

PP is $6.05m so you have $3.45-4.05m to account for.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            You would have to send out $9.5-$10.1m (or whatever his salary is) to have room for Max offer (plus still have Biyombo opt out).

PP is $6.05m so you have $3.45-4.05m to account for.
            Would Bebe and a pick be enough, or does it need to be Bebe and Bruno/Wright?

Just was curious. Ideally we draft Murray with the Knicks pick and slot him in at starting SG. Let DD ride off into the sunset, or use him in a sign and trade.

Comment

Would Bebe and a pick be enough, or does it need to be Bebe and Bruno/Wright?

Just was curious. Ideally we draft Murray with the Knicks pick and slot him in at starting SG. Let DD ride off into the sunset, or use him in a sign and trade.
              Here is salary information

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/to...s-team-salary/

The picks are unknowns but there are the salaries.

Btw: no way do I believe DD picks up his option. That could cost him upwards of $100m if the worst ever happened.

Comment

• I'll just put this here, I guess. Probably many have seen this, but I found it a very good sort of primer for how the teams stand after the FA period. It's SI Fansided's Complete Off Season Grades for All Teams. It suggests that the Heat and the Bulls will likely offer whatever serious challenge the Cavs might face (in the East). But the Raptors and Wizards get favourable reviews, too. Well written, I think.

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/08/27/nba...ades-30-teams/

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                  I'll just put this here, I guess. Probably many have seen this, but I found it a very good sort of primer for how the teams stand after the FA period. It's SI Fansided's Complete Off Season Grades for All Teams. It suggests that the Heat and the Bulls will likely offer whatever serious challenge the Cavs might face (in the East). But the Raptors and Wizards get favourable reviews, too. Well written, I think.

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/08/27/nba...ades-30-teams/
                  Nice find, thanks for sharing.

They are bang on with their Carroll assessment, overpay but still a great move.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah, I could see how one could think that they're overpaying. It's like they threw down a bigger bag o' money than Carroll was expecting - and likely anyone else would have thought reasonable - just to make damn sure we got our man, and our upgrade.

But in a way, I was thnking it's kinda' like if you were to slip the Maitre D' a hundred bucks to be sure to get the best table in a classy joint - on your 10th wedding anniversary. You pay it ... and don't worry too much if you coulda' got it for for a $50. Just so's you get it.

Did you "overpay"? Not sure.

Sometimes you're just not gonna risk another evenin' at the "Chicken Shack".

Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Sep 13, 2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• It doesn't look like an overpay to me. We all knew that the top swings available - Middleton, Carroll, Harris - were going to get in the 15 mill range.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        It doesn't look like an overpay to me. We all knew that the top swings available - Middleton, Carroll, Harris - were going to get in the 15 mill range.
                        Yeah, not an overpay when all the other comparable wings got roughly the same money. Unless they're arguing everyone got overpaid, which would be dumb because the contracts are all relative.

Comment

Yeah, not an overpay when all the other comparable wings got roughly the same money. Unless they're arguing everyone got overpaid, which would be dumb because the contracts are all relative.
                          Only complaint I can see would be age.

Those guys are all 23 and could get better whereas Carroll is 29.

But then again Carroll has never had much of a role - will he take it to another level with more responsibility and/or opportunity?

One of many things to find an answer to this season!

Comment

Carroll and Joseph were paid market value (i.e. negligible overpay) according to this deep analysis, which also assumes they maintain previous production. That's probably the biggest assumption since both guys are coming from highly system oriented teams.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/08/14/...gent-salaries/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Carroll and Joseph were paid market value (i.e. negligible overpay) according to this deep analysis, which also assumes they maintain previous production. That's probably the biggest assumption since both guys are coming from highly system oriented teams.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/08/14/...gent-salaries/
                              I think Carroll's contract is certainly in range of his actual value. He's probably slightly overpaid but not enough to have me worried at all. He should have an effective game until the end of the contract.

Obviously, Harris or Middleton would be better to have on their respective contracts, but that's because of their upside, not current play.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                I think Carroll's contract is certainly in range of his actual value. He's probably slightly overpaid but not enough to have me worried at all. He should have an effective game until the end of the contract.

Obviously, Harris or Middleton would be better to have on their respective contracts, but that's because of their upside, not current play.
                                I think the upside is the key to the writers comment. 29 yr old journeymen don't usually get that type of coin when compared to 22/23yr players.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X