X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    2013-14 season Demar was pretty damn good. He had the 4th best PER in the league for a SG, 2nd best Win Shares. If he can do everything he did that year, plus score more efficiently, I'd want him back, because that's a really good player.

I wouldn't assume that Demar having a career year means that DC stands on the sidelines and JV gets no touches. I think it's possible for everyone to have a really good year. I'm pretty much counting on it.
    you have to include Dragic and Bledsoe as sg, because they each spent over half their time at that posisiton(iirc) so that measn demar is 6th in per, tied with Tyreke Evans....

and using win shares alone cherry picks out guys like Manu because they dont play as many minutes as Demar...you need to use winshare/48....which puts Demar as 7th

he was tied for 26th with Monta Ellis for TS%

14th in OBPM
    11th in DBPM

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    2013-14 season Demar was pretty damn good. He had the 4th best PER in the league for a SG, 2nd best Win Shares. If he can do everything he did that year, plus score more efficiently, I'd want him back, because that's a really good player.

I wouldn't assume that Demar having a career year means that DC stands on the sidelines and JV gets no touches. I think it's possible for everyone to have a really good year. I'm pretty much counting on it.
    I think you need to compare all 2's and 3's in the same group because of their interchangeability.

Comparing DD against the gluttony of highly efficient and skilled 3's easily puts him outside the top 15 even at his best season

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied

I think you need to compare all 2's and 3's in the same group because of their interchangeability.

Comparing DD against the gluttony of highly efficient and skilled 3's easily puts him outside the top 15 even at his best season

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied

gir a shooting guard....

that deflates everything, as sg is now a position that doesn't use inefficient scoring out of and all the great teams have a 3+d there...outside houston who has an mvp candidate....and demar was barely top 5....in his best ever season

he was still inefficient and below average on a per minute or per possession performance.

if you take almost all other nba shooting guards, and work their numbers out, they would produce at a minimum equally. give them a role to maximize their strengths.....well....

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    why?

2013-2014 wasn't an irreplaceable season....and to add, if Demar performs like he did that season then we just brought Carrol in to stand on the sidelines on the offensive side of the ball...and JV no extra touches.. etc....Demar DOMINATED the offense of this team that season.

I would hope that demar performs to smaller number but a massive increase in efficiency and a huge increase in his defensive performance. Cause in order for this team to be anything close to a playoff threat we need offensive production from our bigman, we need Lowry to do like Lowry can do, we need carroll to perform like PLayoffs DC from last season. And 2013-2014 demar would take away from everyone else.

So Unless Demar becomes Lebron this season and by doing that outperforms his 2013-2014 season, he needs to actually take a step back and focus on things other than being a primary scoring option....casue he has always been mediocre at BEST at that.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    I dont think DD fits what we know so far about a Ujiri constructed team.

Ujiri favours length, defense, the outside shot, efficiency, and intelligence. Many of these things are not what I would use to describe DDs game.

Honestly whether or not we persue KD (which we would be dumb not too), will have no effect on Ujiris decision on DD. I think DD will be gone regardless if we have a shot at KD, the team that keeps DD will instantly be prematurely ceiling'd, whereas if he goes, the team may get worse in the short term (which I would argue against), and more likely get better in the long term.

IE)
    We keep DD: we are a 4-7 seeded playoff team with a max 2nd round exit...likely a first though.
    We let DD go: we are a 4-8 seeded playoff team with a max 2nd round exut...likely a first exit as well

One option has no flexibility to get better, one option has the ability to offer a max contract to KD, or give opportunity to the newly drafted NYK/DEN pick.

From a franchise point of view I think letting DD walk is a relatively low risk option to improve...if we are proactive we could potentially get some assets for him too, furthering lowering the risk

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Great point as always
    Well handled.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Anyone want to field this? (I think it's on topic)
    I don't think Masai would waiver if the option is to go after KD. Look at Lou last year. He was the 6th man of the year.. helped the Raptors get to 49 wins (most ever) and statistically was pretty good (although inefficient and was coming off the bench). Yet Lou was not brought back. If you look at age.. Lou was 28.. DD will be 27 in 2016-2017.

I was hoping DD would be traded by the draft this year, but that didn't happen. At this point I think the door is pretty much shut in terms of collecting assets for him (trade deadline deals seldomly happen anymore).. unless KD wants to come to TO, and OKC/DD wants to do a double S&T.

If DD has a hall of fame like year then it makes things more difficult.. but it's a risk to assume he'd continue to play at that level as well considering it would be a contract year and has been fairly inconsistent for the previous 6 years.

I just don't want to lose out on KD.. and I think keeping DD would just make things so much more difficult. Masai could basically be pulling a Phoenix where they trade a bench for the chance at someone only to create a disgruntled player in the process. If we lose DD for nothing, well I guess that's too bad, but I don't think it will be the end of the world.
    Last edited by planetmars; Sat Sep 5, 2015, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    If DD outperforms 2013-14 season then you bring him back for sure.
    why?

2013-2014 wasn't an irreplaceable season....and to add, if Demar performs like he did that season then we just brought Carrol in to stand on the sidelines on the offensive side of the ball...and JV no extra touches.. etc....Demar DOMINATED the offense of this team that season.

I would hope that demar performs to smaller number but a massive increase in efficiency and a huge increase in his defensive performance. Cause in order for this team to be anything close to a playoff threat we need offensive production from our bigman, we need Lowry to do like Lowry can do, we need carroll to perform like PLayoffs DC from last season. And 2013-2014 demar would take away from everyone else.

So Unless Demar becomes Lebron this season and by doing that outperforms his 2013-2014 season, he needs to actually take a step back and focus on things other than being a primary scoring option....casue he has always been mediocre at BEST at that.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    If DD outperforms 2013-14 season then you bring him back for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    The source is?

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Assume I'm correct and DeMar plays great (ie better than 13-14) and the team is also successful (ie 50+ wins, gets past the first round)- what do you do with that? I think the options are to keep him around (trying for cap space elsewhere or not at all) or sell high and trade him (made difficult as a rental). I just can't see Masai letting him walk unless he shits the bed on the season (which, again, I wouldn't bet on).

If you're trading for an expiring, you better a damn good draft pick or two, which we're already a little overloaded with. So assuming DeMar plays well, what do you do if you're Masai?

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    DD posts have been moved where they belong.

Keep the posts related to the topic: Masai's strategy, past, present or future and how it works within the CBA.
    Now we just need that thread unlocked (if you wouldn't mind) so we don't have to talk DeMar here or in other threads.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    You see this is the problem with Raptors fans regarding Tross, he will never be a slasher it's just not in his DNA. So stop expecting him to be DeMar. Since you guys think DeMar's work ethic is a million times higher than Tross. Tell me why Ross is light years ahead of DeMar in shooting the ball? Nobody is born a shooter, you work at it to get good. It's not like Ross was born with his shooting ability. So how about stop shitting on Ross. You have zero idea how hard he work or doesn't work.
    I get it. I'm often going on about how he doesn't need to be a DD-style slasher to be effective. I'd just love to hear about his offseason focus.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    "Business, period". "Good will" is a meaningful business term. As is "loyalty".

Can you dig it?
    yeh, customer loyalty.

and goodwill and keeping a player because he loves the city are two ideas that are miles apart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X