Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS10 wrote: View Post
    Word up, don.

When I'm right, I'm right. What can I say?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Snooch;514698]
      SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

what is the point of getting in on any bet.

31.5% from three is still below average and, as I type it, it is quite poor. And if we are talking about shooting guards, its almost laughable.

So I see no need to bet on a players 3pt shooting going from gross to laughable.
      It would seem you're not actually that confident that he won't improve behind the arc. Keep in mind that 33%, which I actually think he'll hit, is pretty much equivalent to 50% FG.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

When I'm right, I'm right. What can I say?
        haha, i thought you were gonna put up a pic of al pacino or marlo
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          I dont think I would call Klay a star any more than I would call Korver one.

Iggy is a vet, I give you the star

Green, I wouldnt call him a star either. He had a good series in the finals, and he is a very solid role player, but not a star.

You could have gone with Bogut.
          Could have gone with Lee too (as the 1/2). And I'd consider Korver a 'star' for these purposes.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            3.5 Stars but usually a point, finisher/stopper and a big and a three. kD and Demar are both finishers. Kobe-Artest-Gasol-Fischer orLebron-wade-Bosh-Chalmers. DD doesnt pass or shoot well enough
            So

Lowry - Allstar PG, easily top ten in the league at a very deep position, was actually in talks of MVP last season

Carroll - easily top 3 3andD sf in the game today, can guard anyone from pg-sf and hit 3s at 40%

JV - Turning into a very dependable offensive force/rebounder at his position...most likely a top 5 by end of season for centers, if not a top 3 center

and

KD!!!!!

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Last season, DDs usage rate was about 28% and KDs was 33% (this was his last full season, so two years age. Yes, Westbrook was injured for a while, but for his whole career he has consistently had a usage rate around 30). So basically, both like having the ball, especially considering that JV and Lowry both command many touches as well. Neither of them are lock down defenders as well, all though they could definitely get by. You could say that DD will play in a lesser role, but at that point we don't know how his shooting efficiency is affected, presumably it gets better, but at that point how is he any more useful than Carroll or hell even Ross? If you know you are getting KD, I think it just makes a lot more sense to have him replace DD. If you are worried about star power, i think that we should try to give JV more touches to see if he could handle a greater workload and let Carroll be a two way monster. That would be more a more effective use of resources in my opinion. That way you still have money if you want to go after Ibaka or some other big free agent in the next offseason (Or hopefully save to give a big contract to one of our young players who has developed into a superstar like Bruno )

What collection of players would you want to get rid of to keep DD and KD? How would the usage issue be settled?
              I'm not sure who I'd keep or not. Maybe DD would be part of a package to bring in a different kind of star. I love Lowry but think he's somewhat expendable with the prevalence of star-calibre point guards in the league.

Regarding usage, I might, y'know, just get DeMar to use less.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Could have gone with Lee too (as the 1/2). And I'd consider Korver a 'star' for these purposes.
                I love Korver. For those purposes, sure I would agree.

Lee came off the bench, so I dont think lee is a star.

Comment

I love Korver. For those purposes, sure I would agree.

Lee came off the bench, so I dont think lee is a star.
                  Former allstar and capable of big production though. The Warriors were overly loaded, but this is still the kind of star-depth you need to win. We're not that far off IMO, similar to the Hawks in that we could send 4 allstars to...Toronto if we have a great early season.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SkywalkerAC;514763]
                    Snooch wrote: View Post

It would seem you're not actually that confident that he won't improve behind the arc. Keep in mind that 33%, which I actually think he'll hit, is pretty much equivalent to 50% FG.
                    You cant look at it that way.

That like saying its equivalent to making 100% of 10 free throws.

lol

Its a fools bet to think that Demar is going to increase his three point shooting by that much.
                    Its ridiculous for 2 reasons:

1) Statistic analysis of his career shooting to date, there is no real improvement arc to build on

2) We just brought in one of the top three point shooters in the game from last season, and we have Ppat, who was ranked VERY high on the list, and we have Lowry and Ross...both of whom shoot from three point range better..... So WHY? would we let Demar even shoot them? His best attribute is getting to the line, the last thing we need is him pretending he is carroll offensively...forcing up his off balanced 3pters....let him stick to his other terrible shooting performances from the midrange and at least let us be an above average 3pt shooting team thanks to Carroll, Ppat, Lowry and Ross. Demar should take more than 1 3pt a game, and that is only in a messed up offensive set.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Former allstar and capable of big production though. The Warriors were overly loaded, but this is still the kind of star-depth you need to win. We're not that far off IMO, similar to the Hawks in that we could send 4 allstars to...Toronto if we have a great early season.
                      we will next season.

KD
                      Lowry
                      Carroll
                      JV

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        3.5 Stars but usually a point, finisher/stopper and a big and a three. kD and Demar are both finishers. Kobe-Artest-Gasol-Fischer orLebron-wade-Bosh-Chalmers. DD doesnt pass or shoot well enough
                        Historically a lot of champs didn't have a star at point guard, but times may have changed in the ultra-modern NBA.

Comment

we will next season.

KD
                          Lowry
                          Carroll
                          JV
                          And now just slide in Ibaka for shits and giggles in 2017.

I love the idea of that team so much.

I'm officially all in on it.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post

yup...me too.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post

Food for thought:

How well would KD's game mesh with that of a dominant C? Gasp!! we must trade JV in order have a chance at KD!!!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Food for thought:

How well would KD's game mesh with that of a dominant C? Gasp!! we must trade JV in order have a chance at KD!!!
                                I'm confused, is that a /s?

Cause the answer is really, really well.

It's one of the reasons I like that team so much :P

Comment

Working...
                                X