Basketball Insiders: Redrafting the 2011 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am ok with Leonard being over Irving

And I am a huge Mirotic fan, but that is a stretch.

For value based on what each person brings to their team over their career to date.

Leonard
    Irving
    Butler
    Parsons
    Jonas
    Thompson

Comment

I think the Raptors didn't make a mistake in taking Jonas where they did. When Jonas gets his minutes this season, and he will be getting his minutes this season, you will see the league rave about him. He's the Raptors most valuable player when considering skills, size, age and advanced stats. He's far too underutilized. It was pretty much coaching negligence or in other words a coaching crime that he never played more last season.
      The thing with Irving is that he entered the league and was instantly really good. I don't think he's improved much though and that's not a horrible thing or a huge disappointment when considering how good he was as a rookie.
      They really slam Tristan Thompson here. The Cavs will regret paying him the big bucks because he's too dependent on others. Hey, why not pay the others instead?
      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Sep 2, 2015, 08:07 AM. Reason: More on Tristan & The Cavs.

Comment

I actually have little problem with this list. Sure there are some minor issues (like Vucevic at 11), but they're not big enough to really bring up since it's' still close enough to where I'd peg them.

The only thing I'm iffy on is Leonard at #1. I honestly think he's the best player in this draft class but I also don't think he gets to be as good (still good but not as good) as he is if not for being a Spur.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I think the Raptors didn't make a mistake in taking Jonas where they did. When Jonas gets his minutes this season, and he will be getting his minutes this season, you will see the league rave about him. He's the Raptors most valuable player when considering skills, size, age and advanced stats. He's far too underutilized. It was pretty much coaching negligence or in other words a coaching crime that he never played more last season.
          The thing with Irving is that he entered the league and was instantly really good. I don't think he's improved much though and that's not a horrible thing or a huge disappointment when considering how good he was as a rookie.
          They really slam Tristan Thompson here. The Cavs will regret paying him the big bucks because he's too dependent on others. Hey, why not pay the others instead?
          JV is gonna be a big reason why we get KD. OH YEAH!!!!

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
            I actually have little problem with this list. Sure there are some minor issues (like Vucevic at 11), but they're not big enough to really bring up since it's' still close enough to where I'd peg them.

The only thing I'm iffy on is Leonard at #1. I honestly think he's the best player in this draft class but I also don't think he gets to be as good (still good but not as good) as he is if not for being a Spur.
            that is 100% true, but, he is a spur.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I don't put Mirotic or Parsons over JV.
              Same here.

It seems pretty good for the most part, but I think Mirotic and Montiejunas are too high, and Kanter (way too low) and Vucevic are too low.

Comment

I wonder...

I'd say if I were redrafting, I'm not sure who i'd take at 5.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  I wonder...

I'd say if I were redrafting, I'm not sure who i'd take at 5.
                  I'd take Leonard at #5 and in the following 2012 draft I'd take Drummond @ #8. But its way too easy to say this in hindsight.

Drummond
                  X
                  Leonard
                  DD
                  Lowry
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I would take Vucevic at 5. He averaged 10+ rebounds in his last 3 seasons, and a good amount of points with it.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                      I would take Vucevic at 5. He averaged 10+ rebounds in his last 3 seasons, and a good amount of points with it.
                      Vuc and Harris are empty stat guys. Either JV or Demar would be pulling better number if losing 50 games wasn't an issue. It's easier to rebound and score when you play no D

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                        I'd take Leonard at #5 and in the following 2012 draft I'd take Drummond @ #8. But its way too easy to say this in hindsight.

Drummond
                        X
                        Leonard
                        DD
                        Lowry
                        Ouch! Hurts to see that. Think about how much easier it would be to woo KD next year with a roster like that...salary cap aside.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Vuc and Harris are empty stat guys. Either JV or Demar would be pulling better number if losing 50 games wasn't an issue. It's easier to rebound and score when you play no D
                          Vuc is actually a decent defender, probably on par with JV. They also rebound at the same rate. The big difference between him and JV is shot attempts and minutes. Vuc gets double the shot attempts JV does and he plays 34 minutes per game. I think it's kinda splitting hairs between the two of them, I expect them both to be among the top 5 centers in the East for the next decade.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            Vuc is actually a decent defender, probably on par with JV. They also rebound at the same rate. The big difference between him and JV is shot attempts and minutes. Vuc gets double the shot attempts JV does and he plays 34 minutes per game. I think it's kinda splitting hairs between the two of them, I expect them both to be among the top 5 centers in the East for the next decade.
                            No he's not. He's really really soft in the post. JV usually pushes him around head to head

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Ouch! Hurts to see that. Think about how much easier it would be to woo KD next year with a roster like that...salary cap aside.
                              Put then Drummond never would've gotten crowned by JJ....

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                                Well, taking the age difference out of the equation(JV is 2 years younger, i less nba experience)

Using advanced stats for last season.
                                Jonas is a better rebounder, shooter, shot blocker and has better WS and WS/48, a better offensive rating(by a mile) and basically an equal defensive rating(Jonas is 1pt better)

Vucevic is the better passer, and better scorer(although he takes 8 more shots per game)

Comment

Working...
                                X