No announcement yet.

Couple of Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boo-urns on dalembert and chandler. that keeps TO firmly entrenched in the middle. you need to build a team that can either immediately contend or that can grow in time to do so. otherwise you might as well just simulate the seasons.

Comment

Chandler is still pretty young, right?

Comment

Chandler is young but.....he is like Oden slight offensive game and injured prone.......i rather have Okafor than Chandler any day

Comment

between weems, derozan and turkoglu i don't see where chandler fits...and i really can't see turkoglu going anywhere with his contract. plus i think i'd like him to stick around and play the veteran to a young core. with calderon, jack, bosh and bargnani, turkoglu never really made much sense. move one of calderon or jack, however, and if bosh goes then i think turkoglu gets the room to be more effective.

second most important thing for the raps - besides getting a real center - is for derozan to develop better ball handling skills. also, and i don't know why i'm even bothering to say this as to most people i'm immediately gonna be written off (door's open for the hate): banks is a serviceable back up. highest PER on the team behind bosh, calderon and jack. played solid whenever he was out there this season. plus his contract is up, so in no way are we banking our future on him.

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
            Chandler is young but.....he is like Oden slight offensive game and injured prone.......i rather have Okafor than Chandler any day
            I don't think that's fair. Chandler has played in 79% of potential regular season games in his nine seasons. Oden has played only 33% of his potential regular season games. I think a more fair comparison would be to Marcus Camby... FYI, Camby only suited up for 67% of regulars season games. One more interesting stat. 56%, that's Chandler's FG%. He's not a power house on offense, doesn't take many shots but he takes good shots. He also gives you good defensive efforts night in night out. It's about time the team brought guys who care more about how many points they limit their opponent to over their season PPG.

Comment

wait wait wait....you guys are talking about TYSON Chandler? He plays for the bobcats...

In the proposed trade between TO, Philly and New York, the Chandler in question is WILSON Chandler.

I think some lines got crossed somewhere.

I have nothing against either Chandler's regardless, though in my quest to find the right Center for the Raps, i would hope Tyson Chandler be the baseline of our aspirations, rather than someone of his calibre representing the peak of who we are searching for.

What are people's thoughts on the quality of imposing defensive centers in the draft in terms of how they might fit with a team that has Derozan, Weems and Johnson (Randolph?) as its core?

Comment

And Bargnani as our starting PF.

Comment

This team would be better with a Bogut at the center and Bosh at the 4, rather than a Bargnani at the 4, but the only way they are going to improve sooner rather than later is a sign & trade with Bosh and hope they can throw in Turk or Calderon.

Houston would be the best bet as they have New York's 2011 & 2012 first-round pick.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                    wait wait wait....you guys are talking about TYSON Chandler? He plays for the bobcats...
                    ...Alright, well I don't think comparing Wilson Chandler to Greg Oden is a fair comparison either...

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                      Anyone else slightly disturbed with Turkoglu's 19 rebounds? I watched most of the game (sometimes i just had to look away)...he played with fire, effort. He grabbed 19 boards...where the hell has this been all year? Obviously i'm not saying he should be rebounding like that, what i'm saying is he starts playing basketball like he cares 80 games into an 82 game season! Buddy, seriously, where was that before? It only highlights, to me, the problems with this season. That being said, if he plays like that next year, if we keep him and rebuild with a young core, he may enjoy his captainship and play like the team-star he wants to be.

Secondly, Bosh leaves, we desperately need a defensive, rebounding center so Bargs can move to the 4. Any team with him as the 5 is going nowhere. Question: how do we get one and who would it be? Any chance we can trade for a higher pick?
                      you know i was listening to the morning jones which is a radio show on hardcore sports radio incase you haven't heard of it and bomani said and this was a couple months ago.

he said " If i'm the raptors i do whatever i can to get that no.1 overall pick, draft john wall and do it the right way this time".

i have to say i totally agree.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Unless you were to compare them, say, on their relative ability to help their team win a championship...

Comment

Andrea Bargnani needs to be moved....to another team, not to the 4. Seriously why is everyone so high on this guy? He has no heart, no competitiveness, no qualms on blowing defensive assignments, no acountability. All he has is a jumpshot that sometimes goes in, and his height that he rarely uses.

Why not just deal Bargs for some defense and convince Bosh to stay. Or deal both of them (if Bosh leaves). Andrea as a 4 will STILL be the same dude who gets the same rebounds as guards and on occasion play one on one D. On occasion.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            you know i was listening to the morning jones which is a radio show on hardcore sports radio incase you haven't heard of it and bomani said and this was a couple months ago.

he said " If i'm the raptors i do whatever i can to get that no.1 overall pick, draft john wall and do it the right way this time".

i have to say i totally agree.
                            what did he mean "do it the right way this time"?

does he mean... bargnani wasn't a good pick in 2006 draft?

Comment

Who realistically will take Bargnani and his contract at this point with an upcoming draft stacked with power forwards? Who would we get in return? For the same reason it's unlikely Turk will be anywhere else but TO, Bargs will be here next year.

I'm not saying all this in the hope that it comes to pass, but simply under the working assumption that Bosh may leave, and, given what our roster would look like with him gone, how best do we retool with what we are likely to have.

If you want to grab Wall in the draft, what lottery team is likely to want Bosh over Wall enough to give us their pick if they win the lottery? This would have to be a team that Bosh would want to play for as well...can't see any of the bottom feeders - with the exception of Golden State under the scenario someone else mentioned before - being a likely candidate.

Comment

To get Wall you would have to offer Derozan, Weems, Bargs and two unprotected first round picks and even then I'm not sure if the other team does it.

Convince Bosh to stay? What in the last 2 months has Bosh done to indicate anything other than a complete desire to flee this franchise at the first opportunity. This team is trapped in a death spiral and the supposed leader of this franchise has abandoned them to wolves.

I'd be less shocked if the raps won a game in the play offs than if Bosh resigned.

Comment

Working...
                                X