Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What/Who will have the biggest impact this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The addition of DC at 3 and the great depth at every position with strong 2 way players. The vastly improved defensive depth especially in the second unit should leed to more consistent energy and many more fast break opportunities thanks to their vastly improved D.the wild card factor will probably be Coach CASEY and if he is open minded and flexible enough to take advantage of
    Of the depth and be smart enough to allow JV and the rookies enough playing time to make the inevitable mistakes they will make and then LEARN from them. He never gave JV or JJ that opportunity and with JJ buried one of their BEST DEFENSIVE players on a very weakD team!!! Totally ridiculios ! I have very little faith in the coaches ability to change his rigid regular way of doing things!!! Steve Fisher GO RAPS GO !!!

Comment

If Lowry can play at his peak, he's the most impactful player on this team. He drives wins.

Casey is still capable of torpedoing the whole thing.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        If Lowry can play at his peak, he's the most impactful player on this team. He drives wins.
        Agreed. He's also so good already, even when he fell off last year, that the incremental benefit from his improvement is less than the improvement from replacing low impact players with high impact ones (e.g., Carroll for Ross).

Lowry is still the engine that makes us go.

Comment

Demarre Carrol..
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

How come Scola isn't an option? He is old, but played really well in the FIBA tournament, it is possible he could have the biggest impact for the Raptors overall. He brings veteran leadership and mentorship to many of the young guys. We all know Casey loves playing his vets, at least now he has a good one.

Comment

6. JJ- DC & JJ squash all beef, JJ starts at PF and tears its up inside with vicious jams, drives & post moves....aggressively rebounds & defends the 4 like an animal since he doesn't have to over extend him or over commit this year with team mates that can actually play defence and he refuses to take a 3 all season long. Boom...JJ wins MIP and we live happily ever after.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                How come Scola isn't an option? He is old, but played really well in the FIBA tournament, it is possible he could have the biggest impact for the Raptors overall. He brings veteran leadership and mentorship to many of the young guys. We all know Casey loves playing his vets, at least now he has a good one.
                if Scola is team MVP then Something went horribly wrong

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                  6. JJ- DC & JJ squash all beef, JJ starts at PF and tears its up inside with vicious jams, drives & post moves....aggressively rebounds & defends the 4 like an animal since he doesn't have to over extend him or over commit this year with team mates that can actually play defence and he refuses to take a 3 all season long. Boom...JJ wins MIP and we live happily ever after.
                  That would be amazing but I don't see DC giving him the playing time or starting him at the 4 sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

steve wrote: View Post
                    The addition of DC at 3 and the great depth at every position with strong 2 way players. The vastly improved defensive depth especially in the second unit should leed to more consistent energy and many more fast break opportunities thanks to their vastly improved D.the wild card factor will probably be Coach CASEY and if he is open minded and flexible enough to take advantage of
                    Of the depth and be smart enough to allow JV and the rookies enough playing time to make the inevitable mistakes they will make and then LEARN from them. He never gave JV or JJ that opportunity and with JJ buried one of their BEST DEFENSIVE players on a very weakD team!!! Totally ridiculios ! I have very little faith in the coaches ability to change his rigid regular way of doing things!!! Steve Fisher GO RAPS GO !!!
                    Yup, the biggest change is our defensive length/size. That starts with Carroll having a 4.5" standing reach advantage over Terrence, who in turn bumps out the 180lbs-soaking-wet Lou. Then Amir had great, usable length, but PP is not slouch at 9' or so (measured 9'2 at the Hoops Summit, 8'11 pre-draft) and I think he might emerge as one of the quicker starting 4s going. Jonas is another year toward veteranship, and DD/Lowry are at a point where they could be very good defenders on a very good defensive team (and average on a poor one).

But then you've got so much coming off the bench. There's
                    1) the aforementioned Ross - one of the most athletic backup 2s in the L.
                    2) The ultimate wildcard in JJ (contract year, and don't forget that Casey actually had him playing 20 mpg last season).
                    3) Biyombo the Bongo (blocking shots like he's bangin' a drum) from the Congo.
                    4) Cory didn't look great shooting the ball in FIBA but he impresses me as a defender.
                    5) Scola the veteran, has size and can still move.
                    6) The young ones - Wright/Powell/Bruno/Bebe/??? freakish defensive potential to a man, cept that ??? guy (who knows with him).

Our 2nd unit played great last season but they were tiny.

(Ross)
                    GV/LW(JJ)PP/TH

vs.

(Carroll)
                    CJ/TR (JJ) LS/BB
                    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Sep 12, 2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X