Lowry and Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry and Joseph

I think it is going to be interesting to watch this dynamic as the next couple of seasons unroll. It has been a while since Lowry played with another scrappy, aggressive, defensive minded PG.

Lowry is clearly the cock-of-the-walk here, and Cory is, as yet, just potentially his replacement down the line.

I can imagine these two guys going at each other in practice. It will be great for Cory and more of a challenge for Lowry than he has had for a while.

Will Lowry embrace the idea of becoming a mentor to Cory? Will Cory want Lowry's mentorship?

I am waiting for the pre-season to start to get our first glimpse of how this is going to work out.

20 something days man. 20 something days until 1st pre season game.

Comment

As you say, it has been a while since Lowry has played with someone like Joseph, however Joseph is used to playing with someone like Lowry (Parker). I don't know if Joseph has the type of offense that Greivas has, but certainly not the game of Lou, so we may not see Lowry and Joseph play together as much....unless Joseph takes the role of lead PG and Lowry plays off the ball. Unlikely, but who knows. When it's a close game you want your best players on the floor.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
        As you say, it has been a while since Lowry has played with someone like Joseph, however Joseph is used to playing with someone like Lowry (Parker). I don't know if Joseph has the type of offense that Greivas has, but certainly not the game of Lou, so we may not see Lowry and Joseph play together as much....unless Joseph takes the role of lead PG and Lowry plays off the ball. Unlikely, but who knows. When it's a close game you want your best players on the floor.
        I expect to see very little of them on the floor together, though I could be surprised. I was interested more in how playing on the same team as Lowry affected Cory's development, and how having Cojo on the team affected Lowry's play. I think they could develop a great relationship.

Comment

What an exciting time for CoJo to come back to Canada. B-ball fans here will certainly be pulling for him after the FIBA tournament. He's a guy who can learn. And Delon can spend some time in the D-League working with "Raptors - The Next Generation" - no worries.

He doesn't have to spend his whole career in Toronto. But there's excitement, opportunity and name-recognition here for him now. And yeah - why wouldn't Kyle like such a high energy guy? No way he feels threatened, I don't think. More like relieved.

Comment

Don't think CoJo - Parker is a great comparison using Lowry as Parker. Cojo -Lowry could play more like Parker -Mills with Lowry playing SG like Mills

Comment

It's always good to have more creativity on the floor, I think Lowry and Cojo together could work. They're both way better than Vasquez and Lou on defence.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Lowry-Cojo-DD-Carroll-Scola could be the small ball lineup.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                  CoJo replaces DD as the guard going to the rim and trying to draw fouls. DD is a really terrible 3-D SF

Comment

Wright's no pushover either.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                      That's a bad small ball lineup (so I fully expect to see it).

There's only two outside threats there (Lowry, Carroll) and doesn't seem like it would really excel, even in limited bursts either offensively or defensively.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Actually, I think Parker is a pretty decent comparison to Lowry. Both scrappy, attacking type of PG's, and neither a pure passer, and neither a pure shooter either. Personality wise ... yeah they are different, but their games have similarities.

As far as the Parker/Mills duo, I did mention "so we may not see Lowry and Joseph play together as much....unless Joseph takes the role of lead PG and Lowry plays off the ball"

@raptors999

Comment

Actually, I think Parker is a pretty decent comparison to Lowry. Both scrappy, attacking type of PG's, and neither a pure passer, and neither a pure shooter either. Personality wise ... yeah they are different, but their games have similarities.

As far as the Parker/Mills duo, I did mention "so we may not see Lowry and Joseph play together as much....unless Joseph takes the role of lead PG and Lowry plays off the ball"

@raptors999
                          That's basically what they did last year when GV and Lowry played together isn't it?

Either way I don't really want to see the 2 PG lineup out there much
                          OG is our king

Comment

@raptors999
                            Issue isn't Lowry but Joseph. Lowry can play either guard spot but except on defense CoJo adds nothing that Demar doesn't do, maybe a little better vision and passing

Comment

I'm hoping Joseph develops that same killer mentality as Lowry and is able to show it on the hardwood at least by year 2. I don't see Joseph as replacing Lowry any time soon but perhaps after Lowry's contract expires, he'll be capable of filling the starting role for our team. Joseph has the raw talent of a solid point guard and has shown glimpses of his great potential but needs to be more consistent on a game-to-game basis. I definitely am optimistic of our point guard depth though.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                              X