Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can (will) we bring back De Colo this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can (will) we bring back De Colo this year?

Thoughts?

He had a great Euro championship and is familiar with Cojo. http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/com...rID_56280.html
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

I really don't get the fascination with De Colo. We have Lowry, Joseph and Wright.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I have always liked DeColo. I think he would be looking at some guarantee re playing time...which was why he took the Moscow gig. Money might also be an issue in terms of what he wants and our cap situation. We own his rights (with the cap hold I believe) so no rush...I'd like to see what Powell & Wright can show in camp to make the team. Masai can also use his rights in a trade.

Comment

When he was here he intially looked lost but I started to get impressed with his poise and toughness the raps just have so much depth right now I do not see room for him

Comment

Nandos! He's good. I like him, but but... we extended qualifying offer back in July - nothing happened he loves playin in Russia I guess.

Comment

I love that we have his rights, and I'd like to hold onto them because you can go over the cap to sign him, but there doesn't seem to be any room at the inn this year.

Of course, if you covet max space, then De Colo's rights pretty much have to be waived.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              I really don't get the fascination with De Colo. We have Lowry, Joseph and Wright.
              I agree, but people are always drawn to players who show flashes in small stretches since they represent hope and potential.

Comment

Yes, we can. No, we won't. Full up at the guard spots already, plus need to keep the flexibility of letting him go next summer to clear max cap room.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

De Colo has already peaked and, though he apparently looked good at the Euro Championship, he has made no dent in the NBA, even under a coach who can utilize guys to their strengths. I'd sooner look to maximize the potential in our rookies or even take a flier on a d-leaguer in hopes of striking gold than to bring back a guy who has hit his ceiling. He is strictly trade bait.

Comment

Partfoop wrote: View Post
                    De Colo has already peaked and, though he apparently looked good at the Euro Championship, he has made no dent in the NBA, even under a coach who can utilize guys to their strengths. I'd sooner look to maximize the potential in our rookies or even take a flier on a d-leaguer in hopes of striking gold than to bring back a guy who has hit his ceiling. He is strictly trade bait.

Look how bad that worked out for Anthony Parker....
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      Thoughts?

He had a great Euro championship and is familiar with Cojo. http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/com...rID_56280.html
                      I don't get why?
                      He is and will always be a career 3rd string guy.

Comment

Partfoop wrote: View Post
                        The guy is basically developing in Europe because Masai told him to. We extended the QO, so obviously there is at least some interest in his development. He might never play for us but keeping his rights has value as an option that costs very little.

Also, we can't trade him without signing him ourselves first.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          I don't get why?
                          He is and will always be a career 3rd string guy.
                          There's no good reason to think this. Hasn't he been starting for one of the best organizations in Eurolean basketball?

http://www.euroleague.net/features/i...lo-cska-moscow

Comment

It's not the best tournament in the world but it should count for something that De Colo (and JV) were named to the EuroBasket first team. He is an asset.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              There's no good reason to think this. Hasn't he been starting for one of the best organizations in Eurolean basketball?

http://www.euroleague.net/features/i...lo-cska-moscow
                              I stand corrected. So lets cut Coboclo then.

Comment

Working...
                              X